We Need To Pick A Side

23 replies to this topic

Poll: Don't stand alone (99 member(s) have cast votes)

Which power bloc should FRR join?

1. Never, remain free and unaligned (35 votes [35.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.35%

2. Not so fast, the current status qou is fine (3 votes [3.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

3. Steiner all the way (5 votes [5.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.05%

4. Davions the way to go (37 votes [37.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.37%

5. Draconis, Marik, and what's left of Liao (19 votes [19.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Theaus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, United States

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:22 PM

From what it looks like Red, Purple and Green are at War with Yellow. Blue is fighting everyone but the Wolves. While we remain unaligned?

#2 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:27 PM

We are not unaligned. And these pop-up power struggles within the FRR to "pick sides" or "fight this or that" are certainly not helping matters.

The Allting and FRR TS Hub are your go-to sources for information, in both terms of how to coordinate and where our friends/enemies are, and what we're attacking or defending. We welcome all input, but this kind of banter is serving to divide our attention, not bring it together.

#3 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:32 PM

I absolutely disagree, we do NOT have to pick a side. Right now we have the NAP with the Draconis Combine, which hopefully continues to hold as firm as it has up until now.
And we stand against Steiner, Wolf and CGB aggression. The sides are allready picked, and we should stop crying about if´s and start fighting the wars we allready have.

#4 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:45 PM

Non-aggression pacts are the way to go.

Edited by Tabu 73, 23 December 2014 - 04:45 PM.

#5 Theaus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, United States

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:24 PM

a Non-aggression pact is not an alliance. and as to the sides being chosen already; tell that to Steiner and Wolf. I'm just trying to see how the community feels. Pursuing NAP's is considered the Status Quo answer

#6 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:48 PM

View PostTheaus, on 23 December 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

a Non-aggression pact is not an alliance. and as to the sides being chosen already; tell that to Steiner and Wolf. I'm just trying to see how the community feels. Pursuing NAP's is considered the Status Quo answer

Thats only the answer if you accept the question. But there is no side but our own. Its way to ealry to look for a full blown alliance. Right now I agree with Tabu, NAPs are the way to go at this stage.
If, and that if is a BIG if, the NAP with Kurita should hold for a few months and does not prove to be to our disadvantage, we could maybe talk alliances, but as far as we know everybody could attack us right now.

And even if I would accept your question, I have to disagree with the possible answers you give.

Steiner is not an option for an alliance, the just made a deal that distinctly goes against the FRR.

The Draconis Combine has been true to our NAP so far and I see no reason not to continue it. But, as an full blown ally they are of little interest to us right now. They are at war with Davion and we don´t want to get involved in that too.

Similar goes for Marik and Liao, they could be an worthwhile ally against Steiner, however, they too are at war with the Davions. While Marik could be open to peace with Davion, Liao will not accept it. Plus, an alliance with one of them is less preferable than an alliance with one of our neighbours, because it would not secure any of our borders.

Your poll is not just premature, it also fails to properly adress the situation the FRR faces.

At this time all we can do diplomatically is to rely on NAPs and limited offensive and defensive coordination with the partners in our NAPs.

Edited by Klappspaten, 23 December 2014 - 05:50 PM.

#7 VONDO

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCentral Cal.

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:12 PM

please ignore the blue fist. I always fly the dragon but ive been pugging it in cw and it seemed like the pugs were losing territory fast for the FRR. The other RCV guys (River City Vikings) only own i.s. mechs so I took a one week contract with Stiener so we could keep playing cw. that is probably tmi but i want it known that I am FRR first. that being said an alliance with stiener does seem like a good move. even more if it doesn't screw up the nap with korita.

#8 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:22 PM

View PostVONDO, on 23 December 2014 - 06:12 PM, said:

please ignore the blue fist. I always fly the dragon but ive been pugging it in cw and it seemed like the pugs were losing territory fast for the FRR. The other RCV guys (River City Vikings) only own i.s. mechs so I took a one week contract with Stiener so we could keep playing cw. that is probably tmi but i want it known that I am FRR first. that being said an alliance with stiener does seem like a good move. even more if it doesn't screw up the nap with korita.

You obviously didn´t pay attention. Steiner decided against an NAP with the FRR and made an NAP with Wolf, which gave Clan Wolf the opportunity to attack FRR territory. I think an alliance with Steiner is off the table.

#9 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:28 PM

View PostKlappspaten, on 23 December 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

You obviously didn´t pay attention. Steiner decided against an NAP with the FRR and made an NAP with Wolf, which gave Clan Wolf the opportunity to attack FRR territory. I think an alliance with Steiner is off the table.

Fedcom only looks out for fedcom. You're either at war with it or conquered by it.

#10 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:44 PM

View PostSocop, on 23 December 2014 - 06:28 PM, said:

Fedcom only looks out for fedcom. You're either at war with it or conquered by it.

I don´t know about the Davions, but with Steiner it certainly seems that way.

#11 VONDO

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCentral Cal.

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:35 PM

if by not pay attention you mean I didn't read your post, that was true. I was speaking to the lines on the map. Steiner and Kurita are the biggest part of FRR's borders. Secure those and pick a clan to fight was my thought.

#12 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:18 PM

View PostVONDO, on 23 December 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:

if by not pay attention you mean I didn't read your post, that was true. I was speaking to the lines on the map. Steiner and Kurita are the biggest part of FRR's borders. Secure those and pick a clan to fight was my thought.

No I meant attention to whats happening in CW. With whats happening between Steiner and the FRR, at the moment there just won´t be a pact between us. They have taken direct and organized action against us, because they can´t stand the fact that our PUGs took a few planets from them they didn´t defend properly.
There was a NAP with Steiner on the table, but they not just decided against it, they also decided to negotiate a NAP with one of our Clan Enemys. The Steiners are not our friends, they are the enemy.

Edited by Klappspaten, 23 December 2014 - 11:18 PM.

#13 Kaeseblock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 258 posts
  • LocationEU / Deutschland

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:04 AM

I can only repeat what I said on another thread already. As long as Steiner and FRR fight each other both will continue to loose planets. The CW results of the last two days proove that true. Since this whole Steiner FRR mess started the almost stable IS - Clan borders have started to crumble on both faction sides. Steiner is loosing planets to the Falcons and FRR is loosing planets to the Bears and Wolves.

Neither Steiner nor FRR has the resources to fight a three front war. Especially while the clans can concentrate on a single enemy each (except the Bears, but the have enough players to attack two factions at a time).

So please kick unnecessary emotions and hurt pride aside. This is a matter of survival for both sides. Never forget: The IS is at stake ;)

Edited by Kaeseblock, 24 December 2014 - 03:09 AM.

#14 -Vompo-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 532 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:58 AM

At this point allying with Steiners is as bad as allying with clans if not worse.
I'll leave the politics for those who get their kicks that way. All I know is that betrayal should never be tolerated . Steiners made deals with the enemies of Inner sphere and now they are the enemy and traitors on top of that.

Of course this is only my personal view of the matter and it might not be shared by other FRR players or even other members of the unit I am in.

#15 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:24 PM

I am dropping and winning a majority of the time both SOLO and in groups. Picking sides is silly, start training yourself. Once you can win, train others. Do not just forum whine. That will kill the FRR faster than any clanners.

We are not losing because of me.

Edited by Cerlin, 24 December 2014 - 03:24 PM.

#16 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 28 December 2014 - 05:49 PM

View PostCerlin, on 24 December 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

I am dropping and winning a majority of the time both SOLO and in groups. Picking sides is silly, start training yourself. Once you can win, train others. Do not just forum whine. That will kill the FRR faster than any clanners.

We are not losing because of me.

I can attest to this. We've had quite a bit of success against clans when a majority of our 3rd regiment are on, and have seen some excellent pug drops in smaller groups of 3 or 4. Most of it can be attributed to using simple, yet aggressive tactics. From storming the generators to digging into the terrain in their base while slaughtering their defenders, we've proven that they can definitely be defeated through attrition or blitz. We're just having a numbers issue. Not enough putters have a winning vision. Defending Rasalhague is as good a place as any to start learning, because they won't stop with just taking out the Republic.

Edited by DaemonWulfe, 28 December 2014 - 05:50 PM.

#17 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 05:31 PM

I have a quick question. Why is Steiner attacking full force on us? Both planets that the FRR can defend I see many people on que. While I would like to see some IS vs IS combat, I don't know whether it is good or not, as it could mean that Steiner made a treaty with CJF too... which would be awful for us and Marik in the meantime.

#18 Bonkfire

• Pip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:07 PM

Hey guys, so House Davion has an alliance with Steiner and we are just defending our current borders, IF other Houses stopped pushing us we would love to send our mechs to help FRR take back the planets lost to the Clans.

#19 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:17 PM

Yeah, exactly what I've been trying to get Marik/Liao to do (though only heard serious Marik response in the other thread). Didn't see a strong Kuritan post though, so yeah can't say much. All our forces have been on clanners, except recently with Steiner.

#20 LTG Renner

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:23 PM

Coming from the FRR lover I am myself, there is a great lack of "teams" for doing anything CW rather than being stomped by clanners up there. Aside from maybe some clanners I feel that the majority of Davion "teams" has there quote on quote poop in a group much better than those of the compellen, free worlds and Draconis. Also you may enjoy the break from clanners ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users