- - - - -

Profile Cancellation?

25 replies to this topic

#1 XHOMERX11

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:22 PM

How do I cancel my profile? I'm kind of new and wasted a bunch of C-Bills on crappy mechs/builds. I'd like to start over, but I don't see a way to cancel this profile. Also, if there is a way to cancel, will I be able to use this current username? I figure if the profile is cancelled then the username should become available again.

-Thank you

#2 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:55 PM

Generally PGI doesn't do this. You can try by sending them a support ticket and explaining the situation but know that is really a long shot. Most people when they really mess up have to create an entirely new account.

Sorry

#3 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:56 PM

There is no way to do this as far as I know. You could just start a new account but you'd lose the name. I'd try opening a ticket with support and see if they can help. Here the link : support@mwomercs.com.

#4 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:00 PM

Most make a new account. I just sucked it up and worked hard over again, but I don't know how much harder it's gotten. You should probably make a new account if you're gonna do anything.

#5 XHOMERX11

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:00 PM

Alright. If it turns out it's not possible I'll just have to stick to it. I bought the Hunchback 4G, 4H, and 4P, which seem to be really bad mechs. Do you guys know of any good builds for them?

#6 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:04 PM

The Hunchbacks are decent(but simple) mechs, and have good weapon quirks so you'll most likely want to focus on those specific weapons to get the benefits from those buffs.

Here's a classic 4H build, for example http://mwo.smurfy-ne...66768bf88d06015 4G http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8ed90b32aa1f68b and 4P http://mwo.smurfy-ne...dc4b592d526c5cc

You'll want to get Endo Steel and DHS as soon as possible, and work on your mech skill tree as well as your own piloting skills(such as defensive torso twisting).

Note that you can still make a new account, many players have multiple accounts.

Edited by Redshift2k5, 29 December 2014 - 04:05 PM.

#7 Bartholomew bartholomew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:07 PM

the 4G with the AC20 quirks on it and the cooldown and range modules is a monster. Just as lethal as a boomjager any day.

#8 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:00 PM

View PostXBARTX99, on 29 December 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

Alright. If it turns out it's not possible I'll just have to stick to it. I bought the Hunchback 4G, 4H, and 4P, which seem to be really bad mechs. Do you guys know of any good builds for them?

that is very far from the case, Since quirks, those mechs are really great. Yes, they need Endo, and double heat sinks, the 4G also needs ferro-fiber armor. While the 4G is light on ammo, it might not be the best for new players, but in an experienced players hands the mech is death to all that come across it..

Stuff a STD 250 engine in them, and level um up to master.. Since the Torso armor/structure buff, i have heard people comment on more than one occasion.. Wont that mech die!! No longer is the right torso a hindrance, now it can be used to soak damage.

You just need to learn more is all.. Learn to torso twist, get the faster engines.. and take time.. If anything you will be a 10x better player in the long run..

the popular 4G build is an ac-20, 4 tons ammo, and 3 ML's.. But i run with 3, dual machine guns and 3 SML's a harder mech to run, but packs such a punch up close, it is almost unfair.

the 4H, stuff in that STD250, add an ac-10, and 4 MLs

the 4P is a bit more tricky to learn.. I have run with 2 LL's, and 4 small pulse, or you can run 9 ML's, Or even 3 ML's and 6 SMPLs in the hunch..

the mechs need the upgrades, and get that 250STD asap.

Don't give up on those HBK's.. and feel free to keep asking questions. Another thing to do is launch into testing groups, and practice twisting, circling, firing, twisting away,, while keeping your target locked in the center.. learn to move, twist and fire... it takes a while, but nothing like kicking butt in an HBK!

Edited by JC Daxion, 29 December 2014 - 05:06 PM.

#9 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:27 PM

Just don't EVER put an XL in a Hunchy. Some of us light drivers love shooting off the hump. If you have an XL, lose the hump, lose your life.

If you want a little more punch in your Hunch, put a LL or PPC in the left arm and SLs/ MLs in the hunch. (on the4P)

Edited by mailin, 29 December 2014 - 08:27 PM.

#10 XPhantasmaX

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • 63 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:24 PM

The main importance is to grind as much C-bills as you can possibly can. yes its hard to do and extremely monotonus but once you've accumulated 20 or so million c-bills try to find a mech that truly best suits your play style.

#11 TheBeardMan

Rookie

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:25 PM

I agree, there are some mechs that one does not put an XL in, and the Hunchback is one of them

#12 MLM13

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 23 posts
  • LocationParadise City

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:28 PM

View PostXBARTX99, on 29 December 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

You didnt make a bad choice! Im just new and I started off with locusts... After I mastered the LCT skills, I got all HBK variants Im grinding to fill all modules for it.... note that these mech has can have 2/2/2 modules which is really good. Im still playing with 4HBK on pug CW. For me, I wont get other mechs until my wrath pack arrives.

There's also a lot of builds posted on Strategies forum area under medium sub forums.

#13 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:44 PM

I always wondered why people don't put an XL in hunchies...

Your hunch is 80 - 90% of your firepower. You lose that side torso and you're as good as useless anyways, so what's the hurt in putting an XL in there?

#14 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:17 AM

View PostTarogato, on 29 December 2014 - 11:44 PM, said:

Your hunch is 80 - 90% of your firepower. You lose that side torso and you're as good as useless anyways, so what's the hurt in putting an XL in there?

Because some are dual hunches, some can still do some asymmetric builds with heavy lazors, and plus we need that other side as a huge shield.

OP, listen to J.C. Daxion. What he has said is pretty much all I was to say, but I think 260 STD is best (STD 275 for HBK-4P). Remember quirks make 4G's AC20, 4H's AC10, and 4P's MLs much better. Good luck, never give up!

#15 Hervedgerse

• PipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:22 AM

View PostTarogato, on 29 December 2014 - 11:44 PM, said:

I always wondered why people don't put an XL in hunchies...

It's kinda worth it for the Grid Iron for extra Gauss ammo. That thing eats ammo like crazy with the cool down quirks. Besides that the hunchies have enough tonnage to be well equipped with std engines going decent speeds. I can understand adding one to the 4J for extra LRM ammo and speed.

#16 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:31 AM

Hunchbacks aren't bad. You must be using them wrong lol

#17 P5YCO

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:33 AM

I started with Hunchies, the HBK-J was my favourite by far.

#18 Tahribator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:33 AM

Hunchbacks are great 'Mechs, but they're not exactly newbie friendly. I'd say keep them, but work towards a Shadowhawk.

#19 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:29 AM

Hang around the heavy and Assault mechs, when the enemy shoots them you shoot the enemy, which means they are not shooting at you. If you are on point and go first you are dead.

#20 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:42 AM

well people don't XL in HBK's for a few reason, Some you can't fit um with the weapons in the torso..Like the 4G, a popular HBK, it just wont fit with the AC-20

2, before the quirks, the right side was really hard to keep alive, and a mech with 2 ML's is still something of a threat.. Heck lots of lights run 2ML's after running out of ammo.. you would be surprised how much you can take beat up mechs down with just a couple of lasers. The game is so far from just about high alpha..

3.. the 4SP is worth trying an XL, LL's with SRM6's is pretty fun...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users