Vindicator-1Aa Ppc Velocity Quirk

14 replies to this topic

#1 Lucun

• PipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:47 AM

So I've been piloting the Vindicators lately because they are the worst mediums at the moment. I run a PPC and ERPPC on my VND-1AA and started to notice that my ERPPC and PPC always hit exactly at the same time. Since it's 3am, I think I'm seeing things, but here's a video for comparison (ERPPC on the left, PPC on the right):

Now +40% velocity quirk is a lot of velocity increase, so I'm pretty confident that the PPC projectile should be much faster visibly than the ERPPC. Also, I did test on a non-quirked mech and googled to confirm that the ERPPC and PPC have the same velocity values. Anyone else think this is a bug or am I just going crazy?

Edited by Lucun, 30 December 2014 - 12:50 AM.

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:13 AM

ERPPC is at 1050, PPC is at 950.

950*1.4 is 1330M/s.

So, at 600M the ERPPC would take .57 seconds to reach the Awesome, while the PPC would do it in just .45 seconds.

I see the right PPC impact slightly before the left...so it seems to add up.

Edited by Mcgral18, 30 December 2014 - 01:15 AM.

#3 Lucun

• PipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:25 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 30 December 2014 - 01:13 AM, said:

ERPPC is at 1050, PPC is at 950.

950*1.4 is 1330M/s.

So, at 600M the ERPPC would take .57 seconds to reach the Awesome, while the PPC would do it in just .45 seconds.

I see the right PPC impact slightly before the left...so it seems to add up.

Ahhhhh.... I remembered that PPCs and ERPPCs were at 1500. Apparently I missed quite a few patch notes when I wasn't playing. Thanks!

Edited by Lucun, 30 December 2014 - 01:25 AM.

#4 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:29 AM

View PostLucun, on 30 December 2014 - 01:25 AM, said:

Ahhhhh.... I remembered that PPCs and ERPPCs were at 1500. Apparently I missed quite a few patch notes when I wasn't playing. Thanks!

Perhaps try shooting at 2KM+ to see a real distance.

Nearly 2 seconds compared to 1.5 travel time, it should be more visible...or it's broken.

#5 The Wakelord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 308 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:39 AM

I bought my VND about a week ago, and tested the same thing out to about 1km ... seemed to still be identical hit. I just assumed they both received the PPC quirk.

That said, I've gone back to 2PPC now, as 2ERPPC are just too hot.

#6 Lucun

• PipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:45 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 30 December 2014 - 01:29 AM, said:

Perhaps try shooting at 2KM+ to see a real distance.

Nearly 2 seconds compared to 1.5 travel time, it should be more visible...or it's broken.

I did shoot at 1.5 km at the end of the video... and the ppc explosions seemed to be at the same time. However, I think I need someone else to be closer at the point of impact to better see the timings.

View PostThe Wakelord, on 30 December 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

I bought my VND about a week ago, and tested the same thing out to about 1km ... seemed to still be identical hit. I just assumed they both received the PPC quirk.

That said, I've gone back to 2PPC now, as 2ERPPC are just too hot.

Only problem with 2 normal PPCs is when a light gets close. Reason I get a mix of em. Also, only the normal PPCs get the quirk based on the description, hence the ERPPC quirks on the Thunerbolt-9S.

Edited by Lucun, 30 December 2014 - 01:48 AM.

#7 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:15 AM

View PostLucun, on 30 December 2014 - 01:45 AM, said:

I did shoot at 1.5 km at the end of the video... and the ppc explosions seemed to be at the same time. However, I think I need someone else to be closer at the point of impact to better see the timings.

Well, at 2KM it's under a half second, and from that angle it would be hard to tell, since the splash effect hasn't dissipated yet.

At 3000 meters, it would be well over a half second (roughly 2KM for a half second) between impacts, which should be telling for travel speeds, spotter or not.

#8 Zetrein

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:55 AM

I fear sir, that there's a problem with your video. Although I'd have to hunt down who and where, I heard a while ago that quirks aren't currently applied in training grounds. I think I heard it back around the Quirkening?

Anyway, to get a proper test, you might have to grab a friend and set up a one on one private match.

#9 Lucun

• PipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:50 AM

View PostZetrein, on 30 December 2014 - 06:55 AM, said:

I fear sir, that there's a problem with your video. Although I'd have to hunt down who and where, I heard a while ago that quirks aren't currently applied in training grounds. I think I heard it back around the Quirkening?

Anyway, to get a proper test, you might have to grab a friend and set up a one on one private match.

That doesn't make sense from a programming viewpoint unless they made a method of changing quirks on the fly without patching...?

#10 Papapeshu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 183 posts
  • LocationGosport, Hampshire. UK

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:14 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 30 December 2014 - 01:13 AM, said:

950*1.4 is 1330M/s.

ARRRRGH! SUMS! :unsure:

Tried to get along with PPC's grinding through VND's utilising the quirks to no avail.
Given up and gone with 1xERPPC, MPlas & Lurms.
(Apart from the 1X that I strapped the classic triple deuce to and LOVED IT!)

Nearly done with these mechs thankfully, but it's nice to see someone else trying to make the ginger **** of a **** useful on the battlefield.

#11 Lucun

• PipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:31 AM

View PostC J Sparrow, on 30 December 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

Nearly done with these mechs thankfully, but it's nice to see someone else trying to make the ginger **** of a **** useful on the battlefield.

Haha, yeah, it's a challenging mech, but I think I got all the loadouts figured out. I really think the model needs to be shrunk or made thinner due to it's large torsos but low armor. Heck, I only put 3 points in all of my rear armor points since I need more side/front armor. Pretty much gotta play as a scared harasser or post-brawl finisher. Sniping is hard when all of the clan mechs can out-snipe your PPC/LLas(for SIB) in range and firepower.

#12 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:11 AM

Kind of surprised how you didn't just put the erppc and the ppc in the same group or just hitting the \ button for the alpha strike.

That quirk mIght need to be fine-tuned?

Also your video had a fish-eye look to it as you moved around it was like you were under water at some points. Were you using a separate recording device or was it through your monitor or do you have one of those HUD view modifiers?

#13 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:56 AM

View PostLucun, on 30 December 2014 - 01:45 AM, said:

Only problem with 2 normal PPCs is when a light gets close. Reason I get a mix of em. Also, only the normal PPCs get the quirk based on the description, hence the ERPPC quirks on the Thunerbolt-9S.

tis why my 1R has 2 PPC and 3x Mlasers. Not as good as my 1AA, but fun.

#14 Lucun

• PipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:15 PM

View PostRazorbeastFXK3, on 30 December 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

Kind of surprised how you didn't just put the erppc and the ppc in the same group or just hitting the \ button for the alpha strike.

That quirk mIght need to be fine-tuned?

Also your video had a fish-eye look to it as you moved around it was like you were under water at some points. Were you using a separate recording device or was it through your monitor or do you have one of those HUD view modifiers?

The arms are too wide, which is why I have separate groups for the arms. Now I think about it... that may also have a bit of an affect on the timings. I'm confident I clicked em mostly at the same time though. The fish-eye might be from the FOV changes, but the underwater thing is from Youtube smoothing it I think.

Edited by Lucun, 30 December 2014 - 12:21 PM.

#15 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:05 PM

When I still had my vindicator with dual ppc I separated them in their own group too so my left mouse button would unload the left arm and the right would unload the right so when engaged I wouldn't waste shots if one arm was behind a friendly unit or obstructed in some other way and the third button (wheel) would unload the medium pulse laser mounted in my head *which is the left shoulder for some reason when looking at the 'mech* But watching your video I could see both arms with no problem so you could've put them in the same group and testfired.

Ah well, no problem. I like using PPC 'cause they aren't as hot to run as ER PPC with or without the quirk bonuses and using the medium pulse laser for close range (when enemies get within 90m of me) helped keep the pressure on them.

View PostLucun, on 30 December 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

The arms are too wide, which is why I have separate groups for the arms. Now I think about it... that may also have a bit of an affect on the timings. I'm confident I clicked em mostly at the same time though. The fish-eye might be from the FOV changes, but the underwater thing is from Youtube smoothing it I think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users