Now What? (Xp)

9 replies to this topic

#1 Silak

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:29 AM

So I have a couple mechs of each weight class maxed out to master level and with lots and lots of xp pooling up. I even use MC to convert that over and get other mechs up to elite status without ever even dropping in them.

Has there ever been word if there will be anything past master level? Is there a reason to keep the variants around at all? (Especially with clan mechs where you can pretty much make the prime look like any variant with cheap omnipods.) I could open up some mech bays and make some c-bills if I didn't need them but would keep em around if the 'level cap' is ever raised.

What is everyone else doing?

#2 LameoveR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 153 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:46 AM

You don't need all variants of clan mechs. Choose one by center torso hardpoints and sell others if you want.

Edited by LameoveR, 30 December 2014 - 09:46 AM.

#3 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:59 AM

I keep 'em all. 107 Mechbays right now and only 6 are empty. You never know when PGI is going to tweak something and that old chassis might suddenly become the Mech du jour.

I'm not going to master the non-Prime Clan Mechs, though, since I can build nearly any build on the Prime CT. Timber Wolf C and Warhawk B are notable exceptions, but I really don't need those specific CT hardpoints.

#4 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:12 AM

I see no reason to keep similar variants. Get rid of the variants you dont want and keep the ones you do.

#5 Silak

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:43 AM

Yeah, I have all of the variants of each at master. I don't need the cbills or bays so I guess I'll keep em. Just wondering if there was anything in the rumor mill.

#6 blood4blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 527 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:54 AM

I keep all my mechs on my main account (85 and counting so far), and master all the ones where I've got 3 or more variants. Currently working on Timberwolves, Stormcrows, and Victors. On my alt account I don't buy anything, so out of freebies and events and stuff I've got 10 bays (but two have event mechs in them, don't think I can sell them even if I wanted to) - I do sell off variants on that account since I'm not spending real money on it. I don't ever worry about XP, it's just about bay space.

#7 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:55 AM

Like others, I have over 70+ mechs, all mastered.
I just dont sell the (other 2 required variants) mechs because you never know what might come about or what plans PGi has in mind.
I hated the Treb 7k and was about to sell it. Spent a LOT of time in the mech lab and came up with a very good build that works very well. Later PGI added quirks and at least 1 of those applied to the build that I had come up with... Now it is a favoured mech of mine.

As to the Clan mechs, well with the omni pods you can make pretty much any variant from 1 mech (only the CTs are different, true?) But again, the Clan Mechs are relatively new to the game (some have few, if any quirks, true?) and we just dont know what PGI might do.

Of all the mechs I own, only 2 have I sold variants of because i simply didnt like them. So far, even with the quirk passes I have no regrets on selling them off. the others I have kept, I have no regrets keeping them.

It boils down to you. What do want to do with them. Eventually, (less prizes for 'events') they will cost you REAL cash in the form of new mech bays for things you want going forward, but Mech Bays are cheap (roughly a 1.50$ US) so its not that big of a deal to buy more, and as I mentioned, many times you get them as prizes in 'events'.

#8 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:06 PM

View PostRoadkill, on 30 December 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

I keep 'em all. 107 Mechbays right now and only 6 are empty. You never know when PGI is going to tweak something and that old chassis might suddenly become the Mech du jour.

I'm not going to master the non-Prime Clan Mechs, though, since I can build nearly any build on the Prime CT. Timber Wolf C and Warhawk B are notable exceptions, but I really don't need those specific CT hardpoints.

Pretty much this. My friend had sold his TDR-5SS and I'm sure he regrets it after Quirks made it insane. Quirks make selling things scary because on a whim PGI can make a mech god/trash tier.

#9 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts
  • LocationHannover, Germany

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:03 PM

View PostSilak, on 30 December 2014 - 09:29 AM, said:

So I have a couple mechs of each weight class maxed out to master level and with lots and lots of xp pooling up. I even use MC to convert that over and get other mechs up to elite status without ever even dropping in them.

Has there ever been word if there will be anything past master level? Is there a reason to keep the variants around at all? (Especially with clan mechs where you can pretty much make the prime look like any variant with cheap omnipods.) I could open up some mech bays and make some c-bills if I didn't need them but would keep em around if the 'level cap' is ever raised.

What is everyone else doing?

If you convert Xp to GXP you could buy all moduleupgrades with it. i allready burnt over 130k GXP in modules and have maybe 60% of all. If you should own all already...just keep them as a Highscore for your mechs :D

#10 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:41 PM

Community Warfare is a good place to make use of multiple mechs.

Also, I try to hang on to mechs. I had the6K Wolverine for a long while. Bought it so I could Basic it out and get access to higher proficiency tiers on the 6R and 7K. Kept it hanging around on the off chance that it might ever be useful. And then: QUIRKS. The 6K went from being one of the worst mechs in the game to being really strong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users