Hey! Rich People!

28 replies to this topic

#21 Kyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:33 PM

Not only the rights, but the customer base of founders who can be tapped again to restart the project if given the right assurances.

You would have to bring a lot of credibility to the table and the appropriate guarantees.... but there is some value between the IP-rights and the customer list.

#22 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:40 PM

View PostKyrie, on 30 December 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

Not only the rights, but the customer base of founders who can be tapped again to restart the project if given the right assurances.

You would have to bring a lot of credibility to the table and the appropriate guarantees.... but there is some value between the IP-rights and the customer list.

Assurances and business venture...really? We talking about real life or make believe?

Edited by CocoaJin, 30 December 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#23 Kirkland Langue

• Bad Company
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:47 PM

View PostCocoaJin, on 30 December 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

Assurances and business venture...really? We talking about real life or make believe?

Well in the game development - such assurances usually turn into "a place at the table developing and testing the product". Especially for a produce looking for a new life by double dipping in public funding.

There are usually some people who fund the first time, liked the concept but wished they could have changed something, and would be willing to toss some money to see the product with their desired change implemented.

#24 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:02 PM

So community input? We had that...but in the end decision making is the only real assurance, that ain't happening unless your investment results in majority ownership.

They can make promises, but assurances is an illusion without a contract/binding agreement...or control. We will have none of that.

#25 Hell in a Helmet

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:13 PM

Key word in that legalize is MAY. I can sell you all the rights I MAY have to Mt. Rushmore for $500 bucks. When you find out I had no rights whatsoever I'm still $500 richer ....

#26 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:17 PM

If PGI started to develop it and use their own assets then I think I'd throw some money at it. Not as much as MWO and I am still shocked at how much I've spent so far...

#27 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts
  • LocationRizzelbuzzing about

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:17 PM

Turn based?! Ick

#28 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:25 PM

View PostRizzelbizzeg, on 30 December 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

Turn based?! Ick

Well, with the IP up for grabs, it doesn't have to be...... Thought turn based doesn't bother me so much....

#29 Kyrie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 05:28 PM

View PostCocoaJin, on 30 December 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

Yes, really. ;-) For example, consider how Star Citizen was funded just by one guy with some credibility making some vague promises about a game that might be here in 2 years time. ;-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users