Regarding Powering Up (Could Help Disco's!)

3 replies to this topic

#1 TheTriforceKid

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:58 AM

I've noticed that a lot of players end up discoing at the start of a match, and this leaves them wide open to attack from other players who can see them from afar on radar whenever they're in range. This damages the disconnected player's chances of getting back in before being discovered and dealt a mortal blow before they can actually play their match upon reconnecting. It's happened to me on multiple occasions and left me feeling like the sportsmanship of this game has gone completely out the window in regard to the number of disconnects that still occur (Darn near every match I've been in has at least one disco)

Requiring that players boot up their own battlemechs at the start of a match, instead of auto-booting the systems would ensure a bit more safety for those players who get disconnected and want to return to the battlefield, as they will be hidden from all but those who have the detection systems installed in their BM's.

#2 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:03 PM

This is not an issue on most maps. Also discos need to be visible or it drags out the end of the matches even further

#3 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:54 AM

You could have the automatic power-up delayed by, say, 3-5 Minutes (random, so not so easily exploitable). That would not drag the end of the match and it would give disco'd player a decent chance to get back into the client and re-join the match.

#4 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:05 AM

There is another thread on this topic but I'll repeat my statement from that one:

An additional step to the match start up sequence is not needed. I'd much rather see the actual problem (what is causing the disco's on PGI's end) addressed than some silly extra functions added. It's a waste all the way around.

We all get disco'd at times. It happens little enough these days that it does not affect a players stats to any easily noticable degree, and therefore ELO.

Besides put in something like this and next people will be complaining about not being started up when they do get to rejoin the match because they can't fight back immediately due to having to get their mech started back up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users