Ci Breaks Cease Fire

65 replies to this topic

#41 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 30 December 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

here is the #1 issue... If PGI would find a way to allow for all players to use their mechs (Clan ans IS mechs) without Mercs having to take contacts from the Clans... just to use our Clan mechs, than PGI could have made it so that Mercs only take contracts with IS factions and Clan loyalists only jump between Clans when wanted.

PGI stuck their own foot in it by releasing the Clans as they did but trying to control who can and cant use what mechs "because they want to try and keep to lore" that Clan mechs should only be used on the side of Clans right now. OK fine, if thats what they wanted and are keeping to lore on that aspect, as pointed out by others, Mercs should never be allowed to fight for Clans and Clans should never give contracts to any IS Mercs. They want to keep to the lore in one fashion but break in in another lol.

We need a dedicated salvage system so IS pilots can start earning salvage points to unlock and use their own Clan mechs in CW and the same with Clan players that might want to salvage and use IS mechs in CW.

Actually...no...

See, in this thing called Battle Tech...IS pilots NEVER had access to clans anything...

Had they done this right, Clans would have been launched when IS launched. You would choose a side for your account. You would only play that side for your account. Then you would **NEVER** have access to the opposite tech on that account...**EVER**.

At least until roughly 3057-3060 in timeline. Until the time that Clan Diamond Shark becomes the merchant caste for the clans, clan mechs are so rare and expensive, unless your name is hanse davion you basically cannot afford to even throw together salvage to bother trying to field one.

Not their fault you spent money on both...you should have been more dedicated to your faction. I have IS mechs collecting dust...only because I played this game waiting 2 YEARS for clan mechs. Besides, you still have the pub queue to go play clans.

If you want to join clans for a time, then act as clans and not as pug mercs in clan mechs.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 01 January 2015 - 02:12 AM.
Language

#42 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:36 AM

View PostRedSail, on 31 December 2014 - 08:54 AM, said:

CI wasn't the main attack force.
Who were the rest? Pugs? Pugs just follow the numbers on the planet finder and play matches wherever it looks like there is activity. Even if CI leaves, pugs be still populating that planet's queue for hours. But yeah, ya'll keep fighting among yourselves, clanners. The FRR will come back to bite when you least expect it. ^_^

#43 RedSail

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 137 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:52 PM

I feel like I shouldn't say this, but screw it. Certain smaller units were contracted by the inner sphere to take a contract with CGB and destabilize the clans so the IS can prepare a counter offensive. That's all I know.

Edited by RedSail, 31 December 2014 - 12:53 PM.

#44 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:18 PM

View PostRedSail, on 31 December 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

I feel like I shouldn't say this, but screw it. Certain smaller units were contracted by the inner sphere to take a contract with CGB and destabilize the clans so the IS can prepare a counter offensive. That's all I know.

It doesn't take a genius to see that this is what's going on. Contrary to the posts from people in general that don't know how to play the reason for the clan advance is NOT "OP cheatmechs" but the fact that we have been so united and focused on our push into IS space while they have had a LOT of infighting. Even FRR attacked their neighbors for a bit which considering their position they needed to make friends, not enemies.

The poor implementation of mercs into this game by PGI has now allowed the IS to pose as "clan mercs" and troll and cause discord at the rear in an effort to slow us down. Rather than fight us head on they would rather try to destroy us from within.

#45 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:31 PM

It's pretty amateur hour then. The Wolf has a track record now of defending against troll attacks, and that still leaves 3 other Clan factions moving south even if Wolf is busy fending off merc attacks.

Another example of My First PvP Game tactics by the spheroids. It's not that hard fellas, have your Zerg Faction (Davion) stuff defense queues, have the relevant house units open up attack lanes on Clans. Everyone fights. EZ.

#46 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:44 PM

View PostbobF, on 31 December 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

It's pretty amateur hour then. The Wolf has a track record now of defending against troll attacks, and that still leaves 3 other Clan factions moving south even if Wolf is busy fending off merc attacks.

Another example of My First PvP Game tactics by the spheroids. It's not that hard fellas, have your Zerg Faction (Davion) stuff defense queues, have the relevant house units open up attack lanes on Clans. Everyone fights. EZ.

For the last time. Holidays!

Do you not understand we outnumber you 20 to 1 most days.

We can take the planets and stop your attacks. What is going to end up happening is you're going to attack us making no progress while we keep moving south until you get bored.

#47 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:45 PM

View PostBmetranger, on 30 December 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

Nope No Problem just embarrassing for Ghost Bears...

Maybe some GB warriors with FRR ancestors feel like using CW for training dummies???

#48 FullMetalJackass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 255 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:47 PM

Watch out! They did the same thing to Kurita back when they were FFR. You may want to take back a planet or 2 just to be safe

Edited by FullMetalJackass, 31 December 2014 - 02:47 PM.

#49 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:50 PM

Everyone settle down! Do you want me to have to go get the IlKhan? Well do you? Behave! :D

#50 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:51 PM

End of the day, its just a PC game... just have fun and screw the rest of the stupid drama

#51 sandworm16

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:02 PM

View PostTheSilkenPimp, on 31 December 2014 - 02:50 PM, said:

Everyone settle down! Do you want me to have to go get the IlKhan? Well do you? Behave! :D

Cut it out or I'll turn this dropship around!! :)

#52 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:26 PM

Sounds like they are doing about as bang up a job as hiring Noesis and bandit caste or whatever they are called to troll us in our own forum.

#53 Icy Wind

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:38 PM

I'll get the duct tape, the clan wolf forum is leaking again...

#54 ALKALIN3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 246 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:35 PM

View PostBmetranger, on 30 December 2014 - 08:38 PM, said:

Wonder if PGI will look into the hack or exploit that -MS- was using to get non jumpable mechs over closed gates.

This hack you speak of is code named "Walking up a hill". I got this hack in the same suite as the one that let's me head shot you when your mech overheats and shuts down right in front of me.

In other words....
Posted Image

Edited by Aodh, 31 December 2014 - 05:56 PM.

#55 Gill

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:34 PM

Clan't we all just get along?

#56 Vanguard836

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:23 PM

View PostGill, on 31 December 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

Clan't we all just get along?

Nope, IS attemps to cause in fighting inside the clans by joining clans and attacking your worlds to get to ours, likely followed with Steiner, Wolf and Ghost Bear attacking JF on 3 fronts.

Edited by Vanguard836, 31 December 2014 - 07:26 PM.

#57 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:26 PM

View PostVanguard836, on 31 December 2014 - 07:23 PM, said:

Nope, IS attemps to cause in fighting inside the clans by joining clans.

Yep, can't fight us on even grounds so they resorting to chickenshit espionage tactics.

#58 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:11 PM

Like I said in another thread. The mercs are using the game dynamics that are available to them. BEing angry at mercs for doing exactly what mercenaries are trained to do is just silly.

Getting angry at the house that hosts them involuntarily is just downright stupid.

The proceeding statement sort of puts an end to all this trollbait.

If you want to hammer on someones door, may i direct you to the proper door?
http://mwomercs.com/...re-suggestions/

Get PGI to hurry and implement a finished Mercenary system.

Edited by Speerit Ward, 31 December 2014 - 10:13 PM.

#59 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:02 PM

View PostSpeerit Ward, on 31 December 2014 - 10:11 PM, said:

BEing angry at mercs for doing exactly what mercenaries are trained to do is just silly.

Getting angry at the house that hosts them involuntarily is just downright stupid.

The proceeding statement sort of puts an end to all this trollbait.

If you want to hammer on someones door, may i direct you to the proper door?
http://mwomercs.com/...re-suggestions/

Get PGI to hurry and implement a finished Mercenary system.

Well, exactly. What mercenaries are trained to do. Which is actually (with due exceptions) fight for their employer under the rules established in the contract they sign. If a House (or Clan, for all that matters..) hires a merc unit, this unit would have to follow that house's rules. If they go rogue, i guess that they could forget their pay and they would be noted for being untrusted, making finding a contract harder.

#60 Ghozzt

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:26 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 01 January 2015 - 01:02 PM, said:

Well, exactly. What mercenaries are trained to do. Which is actually (with due exceptions) fight for their employer under the rules established in the contract they sign. If a House (or Clan, for all that matters..) hires a merc unit, this unit would have to follow that house's rules. If they go rogue, i guess that they could forget their pay and they would be noted for being untrusted, making finding a contract harder.

This.

However since it is not built within the current CW system to do basically... any of those things, Mercs are more like pirates. We can do nothing about it for now, so no point getting bent out of shape about it. Control the situation, do not let it control you. If you cannot control the situation, be patient and wait for the opportunity.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users