Can We Go On The Offensive?

91 replies to this topic

#21 BigZach

• PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:24 AM

Solaris now belongs to House Marik. Enjoy the tournaments, y'all.

#22 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:41 AM

"Welcome to Solaris, mech Marik fans - have we got a show for you tonight! I am Duncan Fisher, and I will be your commentator this evening..."

#23 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:13 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 01 January 2015 - 11:05 PM, said:

Marik is attacking again.

I'd forgotten what hardcore mode was like. Thank you guys for reminding me why I enjoyed CW before.

Are you sure? I didn't see anything on the map last night.

If we are, let me go ahead and ask to be off work next week...and sign up for therapy the week after that.

#24 BadgerWI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 126 posts
  • LocationNorthern Continent, Second Try, Chaos March, Federated Commonwealth

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:48 AM

Oh it's true. I was there on Solaris when we bought season tickets at the arena box office .

#25 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:34 AM

View PostPodex, on 02 January 2015 - 04:13 AM, said:

Are you sure? I didn't see anything on the map last night.

If we are, let me go ahead and ask to be off work next week...and sign up for therapy the week after that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

You might wanna get on that, then. These are from last night.

#26 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:45 AM

Oh snap!

#27 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:11 PM

It's been hard fighting. We lost some because we had, literally, forgotten what playing against someone who used intentional tactics was like. It's been a lot of fun. We ran against Marik until they all went home :( Then we looked at the sad, lonely queue and went home as well.

#28 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:34 PM

Awww, it's ok. If it will make you feel better, we can whoop up on you tonight.

#29 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:18 PM

View PostPodex, on 02 January 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

Awww, it's ok. If it will make you feel better, we can whoop up on you tonight.

Facerolling Mariks right now. NEED MOAR MARIKS.

#30 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:51 PM

In due time

#31 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:45 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 02 January 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

Posted Image

#32 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:09 PM

attacking the clans is the most unfun thing the game has to offer....I mean sorry to my PUG friends but they are just a huge waste of time for me. Most of the attacks/counter attacks have been so unfun and boring I really wanted to just rage quit but didn't. Part of it is that I am a mediocre player at best who has hit my skill ceiling and I refuse to META. I also have almost no heavies or assaults, only lights and mediums setup for close combat. hell the heavies i have are mostly mid to short range and my 4xERLL boat dragon cant even vomit to save its life vs clan lasers.

IS vs IS so far has always been a good time win, lose, or get rolfstomped. the equality just makes for better and overall more fun battles.

I haven't had a stuck in the spawn round vs IS groups but have had many vs clans.

ERLLs and ERPPCs can't match the CERLL,CERML laser vomit crows and wolves.

we should just fight IS...let the northern inner sphere folks deal with the clans until they are at our front door.

Edited by Bigbacon, 02 January 2015 - 08:11 PM.

#33 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:33 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 02 January 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

You were saying?

#34 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:39 PM

Guys, I haven't had this much fun in a quite a long time. You rocked it on the battlefield.

Posted Image

#35 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:40 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 02 January 2015 - 08:33 PM, said:

You were saying?

I'm saying I only lost 2 matches to you guys today and, by the way, we held you back even though there were more attackers than defenders.

Huh, where were your easy ghost drop victories?

:P

Edited to add - So we went into our last match at 13 minutes until end; there were 24 attackers and 14 defenders. It was at 26% captured. Now it's at 53%? Did you queue up a bunch in the last 10 minutes?

Edited by MischiefSC, 02 January 2015 - 08:50 PM.

#36 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:44 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 02 January 2015 - 08:40 PM, said:

I'm saying I only lost 2 matches to you guys today and, by the way, we held you back even though there were more attackers than defenders.

Huh, where were your easy ghost drop victories?

:P

Apparently at Liao :P

#37 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:10 PM

Well fought Marik. Hard fought and hard won, victory well deserved. We split our attention 3 full ways and lost out on 2 of them. We got soft and sloppy and paid the price.

You know it's ironic. We had one match where a 4man TKed another player on our team because they were jackasses, then the same group later ejected out to avoid fighting a BWC zerg rush. While you can look at every single lost match as contributing to a failure, that specific 4man group literally cost Davion a world. It came down to 1 victory difference. Every single match where someone went TK or acted like an idiot or didn't go with the plan, any single one of those would have been enough.

Part of why we missed fighting you guys. Every single match matters and it's very unforgiving of that sort of stuff. We can't do that, can't have that. Everyone has to be on a-game every single match.

#38 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:23 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 02 January 2015 - 09:10 PM, said:

Well fought Marik. Hard fought and hard won, victory well deserved. We split our attention 3 full ways and lost out on 2 of them. We got soft and sloppy and paid the price.

You know it's ironic. We had one match where a 4man TKed another player on our team because they were jackasses, then the same group later ejected out to avoid fighting a BWC zerg rush. While you can look at every single lost match as contributing to a failure, that specific 4man group literally cost Davion a world. It came down to 1 victory difference. Every single match where someone went TK or acted like an idiot or didn't go with the plan, any single one of those would have been enough.

Part of why we missed fighting you guys. Every single match matters and it's very unforgiving of that sort of stuff. We can't do that, can't have that. Everyone has to be on a-game every single match.

And if you think Euros don't matter, think again. That one match was around 1615 EST, which would be 2115 GMT. Euro prime time.

#39 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:24 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 02 January 2015 - 09:10 PM, said:

Very true that.

There was more than one match tonight where, no matter how many times I said "We're a 7 man on TeamSpeak, follow what we do, and here's the plan" Inevitably there'd be at least 2 that just wouldn't get it, or would just act like it was a different mode on Alpine and derp off to do their own thing.

Can't wait for faction grouping.

But definitely great battles tonight, and as you said, each one was a deciding factor on the final board.

As always /bow.

#40 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:29 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 02 January 2015 - 09:24 PM, said:

Very true that.

There was more than one match tonight where, no matter how many times I said "We're a 7 man on TeamSpeak, follow what we do, and here's the plan" Inevitably there'd be at least 2 that just wouldn't get it, or would just act like it was a different mode on Alpine and derp off to do their own thing.

Can't wait for faction grouping.

But definitely great battles tonight, and as you said, each one was a deciding factor on the final board.

As always /bow.

We noticed that quite a bit at the end. We'd finish off a wave of your attackers, look up and go "Two missing. Heavies back to positions. Lights/meds sweep the base and FIND THOSE STRAGGLERS."

Happened at least twice in each of our last 3 matches.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users