1 reply to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:15 AM

Is there anyway we could expand the information we have on planets as part of CW. I've noticed that several planets have very little or no available data on them. Even if the expansion is only a handful of planets at a time, I believe that this addition would be appreciated.

#2 xxactfire

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:34 AM

I do not know what PGI has up their sleeve in this regard. What I would like to see is the development of terrain template maps IE. Artic, Alpine, Desert, Jungle, Moonscape, Savanna, Swamp, Valley, Woodland. From there they could take the template IE Artic and make sub maps. Artic-Glacier, Artic-Mountain Range, Artic Island etc. Then when you clicked on a planet for information. It could read something like "Planet X is a barren frozen wasteland of Artic conditions." From this you would know the only maps you would get would be artic ones. With this information you would then know you could take high heat builds and be ok on this map. Also with these templates instead of churning out brand new maps they could just change structures on the maps. IE Lets say they use Artic-Glacier on a world where the main target is a mining facility. Why couldnt they just take the same map and place a communications array on it and use that on another world? I am thinking that would be alot less work than creating a whole new map.

It think they also need to include distance from the primary star and based upon that alter light intensity. For example the farther away from the primary star the dimmer the world should be. They could also change visibllity conditons based apon atmospheric density (this would affect how far you could see even under well lit conditons). This would give units with zoom modules and target comps an advantage. They also include gravity alterations. IE On planets with less gravity than earth your weapons travel faster and do damage at greater ranges.You can jump jet higher. And your mech can move faster. On planets with higher gravity than earth you suffer the opposite affects.

I mean its space!! There is so much they can do to give planets a unique feel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users