Ghost Bear, Can You Break The Merc Star Agreement You Have

58 replies to this topic

#1 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:11 PM

Update 3: This thread no longer serves a purpose. Requesting lock.

Update 2: See first 16 posts below

Update 1: I am referring to supposed deal between Ghost Bear and MercStar before CW began when some members of Ghost Bear mentioned they secured an alliance between them. This is different than CI as an example which specifically flipped IS to attack Wolf which obviously is fine and not part of Ghost Bear's core group. If I am incorrect in my understanding of the deal cut by MercStar and Ghost Bear let me know below.

You see, they are rather rude in that they keep attacking us during holidays and supposed ceasefires.

Obviously we presently have no way of forcing merc units out of the clans; however, canceling any agreements you have with these rogues would be much appreciated.

Eventually I am assuming the developer will take care of these trouble makers like CI that try to simply flip units sporadically to cause trouble by redoing the contract system. You obviously do not have a formal agreements with these sorts of undesirables; however, I do believe you have one with mercstar.

Given the fact their only goal is to presently attack us which is against our treaty we would appreciate you cancelling any verbal agreements you had with them.

Edited by Blueduck, 03 January 2015 - 01:15 PM.

#2 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:20 PM

I'm not 100% sure they're even paying them. Couldn't MS just tag up as a GB unit and bypass the merc system altogether? Or is that not possible, editing your units allegiance like that? If it is, then it shouldn't be.

#3 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:22 PM

View PostSpeerit Ward, on 31 December 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:

I'm not 100% sure they're even paying them. Couldn't MS just tag up as a GB unit and bypass the merc system altogether? Or is that not possible, editing your units allegiance like that? If it is, then it shouldn't be.

Merc just allows one to change allegiance to any one faction.

#4 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:50 PM

This is the best post ever.

LOL.

#5 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:09 PM

View PostSaxie, on 31 December 2014 - 10:22 PM, said:

Merc just allows one to change allegiance to any one faction.

Aight, so there you go. CGB has no say. Case closed.

#6 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:12 PM

Now wait a second. I understand you have no say over the darkborne, CI, etc.

I thought MercStar was different in that you cut a special deal with them to attack the IS?

Am I incorrect on this?

Some of your members have alluded to this so perhaps I am confused.

Edited by Blueduck, 31 December 2014 - 11:13 PM.

#7 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:16 PM

wow... um. They just come and go when their contract is up. no one controls that but them.

If we could. We probably wouldnt have any desgra at all. but thats not how the game works. xD

#8 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:20 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 31 December 2014 - 11:16 PM, said:

wow... um. They just come and go when their contract is up. no one controls that but them.

If we could. We probably wouldnt have any desgra at all. but thats not how the game works. xD
\

See previous post. It was alluded that Ghost Bear units cut a deal with them before CW. Am I incorrect in this?

#9 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:21 PM

I doubt it. why would we need them honestly?

#10 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:26 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 31 December 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

I doubt it. why would we need them honestly?

To augment your forces by a couple more 12 mans. I'm not saying it was bad move if a deal was cut to attack the IS; however, they are obviously not living up to that deal if it did occur. Instead they are attacking us on holidays which is annoying.

If you do have a deal that essentially means you support them attacking us. If you don't then there is no purpose to this thread and I will simply update it tomorrow.

Again, this goes back to numerous posts put out by Ghost Bear members alluding to the fact they sought an alliance with Merc Star which unfortunately means we are unable to attack them without attacking you.

#11 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:27 PM

Why does everyone think we hired MercStar? If anything our previous dealings during closed and open beta and the time frame leading up to Community Warfare with MercStar's subsidiary units possibly influenced them to take CGB as their Clan Faction when they want to play their Clan Mechs. We have had many good scrimms, conversations and friendships form in Merc Units, also in Clan Units, Gameplay based units, etc. We are the friendly Ghost Bear, CGBI

I see this influence, but past that, NO! We have had no such contract, reuqest or anything of the such in regards to MercStar or any other Merc unit.

As much as other Clans would like to think CGBI is the defacto CGB group, aside from us being Large and visible, we are but a couple Galaxies in the Ghost Bear Touman.

We can ask them nicely to stop, but they could and have just laughed and said nope. We are taking that planet! The Mercs have their own goals and agenda, and it is not to take Terra first.

Thank you. Now can we all please stop assuming any Ghost Bear unit is hiring Mercs. Mercs just like to go with the winners, and CGB, due to MS and CI, plus others help. Are at the moment the winners.

Also,

Happy New Years! 3050 x2!

#12 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:28 PM

Well lets see if the actual bear groups can chime in if they did or not.

Im only a mere Nova Cat star commander. I only have what i know and hear.

coffi beat me xD

Edited by LastKhan, 31 December 2014 - 11:30 PM.

#13 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:30 PM

View PostBlueduck, on 31 December 2014 - 11:26 PM, said:

To augment your forces by a couple more 12 mans. I'm not saying it was bad move if a deal was cut to attack the IS; however, they are obviously not living up to that deal if it did occur. Instead they are attacking us on holidays which is annoying.

If you do have a deal that essentially means you support them attacking us. If you don't then there is no purpose to this thread and I will simply update it tomorrow.

Again, this goes back to numerous posts put out by Ghost Bear members alluding to the fact they sought an alliance with Merc Star which unfortunately means we are unable to attack them without attacking you.

Sorry to dissapoint you Wolves,
but Posted Image was struck between CGB and Mercs.

They just like us, who would not like crazy, deadly & fuzzy bears?

#14 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:33 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 31 December 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

Why does everyone think we hired MercStar? If anything our previous dealings during closed and open beta and the time frame leading up to Community Warfare with MercStar's subsidiary units possibly influenced them to take CGB as their Clan Faction when they want to play their Clan Mechs. We have had many good scrimms, conversations and friendships form in Merc Units, also in Clan Units, Gameplay based units, etc. We are the friendly Ghost Bear, CGBI

I see this influence, but past that, NO! We have had no such contract, reuqest or anything of the such in regards to MercStar or any other Merc unit.

As much as other Clans would like to think CGBI is the defacto CGB group, aside from us being Large and visible, we are but a couple Galaxies in the Ghost Bear Touman.

We can ask them nicely to stop, but they could and have just laughed and said nope. We are taking that planet! The Mercs have their own goals and agenda, and it is not to take Terra first.

Thank you. Now can we all please stop assuming any Ghost Bear unit is hiring Mercs. Mercs just like to go with the winners, and CGB, due to MS and CI, plus others help. Are at the moment the winners.

Also,

Happy New Years! 3050 x2!

Fair enough and happy New Year to you too.

Certainly you can understand our annoyance though that you have a friendly working relationship and they use your territory to hit us where we can't hit back.

If the opportunity presents itself and they offer it would be appreciated to have them take a contract somewhere else as they are largely exploit flaws in the CW system while using your territory to do it.

If you're willing to ask them to stop and move on if the opportunity presents itself it would be appreciated.

Much obliged.

#15 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:34 PM

Also, a second thought to this.

Maybe a Merc can chime in if this is slightly correct.

Mercs probably saw most potential in CGB as well. No offense to trothkin of the other Clans of Kerensky, but Wolves, Falcons and Jaguars were mostly all fractured. Bad blood between certain units or members. CGBi's goal has always been to bring the Ghost Bear family together as it should be. CGBi is in essence a amalgamation of a number of units that have formed together. We also had friendly ties to the other pre-Community Warfare phase 1 CGB units, ie: German Ghost Bear, Russian Ghost Bear.

The Mercs knew we had already started to form a unifying force

#16 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:43 PM

Yes yes yes, the whole role playing thing is good and all but I'm more referring to the fact MS is exploiting an issue with CW that presently we have no way to deal with.

Assuming you are willing to assure us you will ask them to adhere to the treaty between Ghost Bear (which they are a part of) and Wolf we are fine with the limits of your ability to deal with them.

The holiday attack thing is getting a bit annoying frankly.

Edited by Blueduck, 31 December 2014 - 11:46 PM.

#17 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:46 PM

CGBI and alot of major groups are still adhering to the ceasefire.

Im pretty sure he has no control over MS. They can probably say something but that can only go so far ya know?

#18 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:50 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 31 December 2014 - 11:46 PM, said:

CGBI and alot of major groups are still adhering to the ceasefire.

Im pretty sure he has no control over MS. They can probably say something but that can only go so far ya know?

Very fair. I understand that you are unable to order them to do anything and CW is set up to allow exploits like this currently. I simply ask for your assurance you will remind them of the treaty and they are a major player within ghost bear and as such should adhere to the treaties associated between clans.

Edited by Blueduck, 31 December 2014 - 11:50 PM.

#19 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:53 PM

View PostBlueduck, on 31 December 2014 - 11:50 PM, said:

Very fair. I understand that you are unable to order them to do anything and CW is set up to allow exploits like this currently. I simply ask for your assurance you will remind them of the treaty and they are a major player within ghost bear and as such should adhere to the treaties associated between clans.

They probably only will just view that as just words. All i can say is if they attack again. They wont have any assistance from us and for sure the bears. Just keep vigilant and defend your planets for now.

#20 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:09 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 31 December 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

And especially CGBI, who are a solid unit, and have done a great job in the GB corridor. Lotta CGBI tagged planets due to their efforts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users