28 replies to this topic

#21 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:49 PM

The way I see it they can play however they want, if you lose because they didn't do enough damage...whoopty freaking do so you play another match. You get credits thats it. It's not like you might get a free mech bay or anything the rewards in this game is pretty pathetic.

#22 Carcass23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:14 PM

I read and reread this 2 or 3 times and it still doesn't make sense. To paraphrase, are you saying that it's all PGI's fault that we don't get a free mechbay when we win? So why bother trying? I expected more from the legendary Darth Bane of the Star Wars universe.

View PostDarth Bane001, on 01 January 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

The way I see it they can play however they want, if you lose because they didn't do enough damage...whoopty freaking do so you play another match. You get credits thats it. It's not like you might get a free mech bay or anything the rewards in this game is pretty pathetic.

#23 Jonny Slam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationLike I would tell you!

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:26 PM

View PostMax Liao, on 01 January 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

I'll sometimes fire medium lasers at 1k just to watch a noob back off. They may do no damage, but it still makes the contact sound and will often times cause someone who doesn't know any better (or who simply doesn't want to be spotted) to leave.

Damn you! that frightened me!

#24 Valdherre Tor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 363 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:40 PM

In CW a sniper mech can be a good asset to the team if used correctly. For the 3L you can camp the gates until they are open but after that you need to provide ecm cover for the push, then camp snipe omega at range from the corner of the map. The team you were on must have been made of pugs, however you could join a unit then you wouldn't have to go to the fourms and complain about other peoples play style. Go to TS FRR hub and join unit 2323. Problem solved...... No more pugging.

#25 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:45 PM

The big issue with pugs is lack of Voip. Most of the complaints here could be addressed in game. Near impossible to do with a keyboard in a fight.

#26 Carcass23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:12 PM

Valdherre Tor, I personally thank you for your enthusiastic promotion of the FRR2323 but I myself will never again join a unit in the entirety of FRR due to a less than stellar welcome I recieved when attempting to join a unit, (not yours) many many months back. It turned me off from unit play altogether. I've found units who take in every person who jumps onto teamspeak to be a worse experience than pugging. Ripe with elitism, yet not entirely all that. Mouthy armchair generals galore. I'll wait patiently for a unit of casuals who are laid back, intelligent and do not greet you with "Sup n'gga?". The bad taste left in my mouth after experiencing what I have described has left me playing either alone or with a few close friends exclusively. I would welcome joining a large unit were I able to discern they are on a level that exceeds the "We take anyone with a pulse" mentality.

#27 Valdherre Tor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 363 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:34 PM

View PostCarcass23, on 01 January 2015 - 04:12 PM, said:

Valdherre Tor, I personally thank you for your enthusiastic promotion of the FRR2323 but I myself will never again join a unit in the entirety of FRR due to a less than stellar welcome I recieved when attempting to join a unit, (not yours) many many months back. It turned me off from unit play altogether. I've found units who take in every person who jumps onto teamspeak to be a worse experience than pugging. Ripe with elitism, yet not entirely all that. Mouthy armchair generals galore. I'll wait patiently for a unit of casuals who are laid back, intelligent and do not greet you with "Sup n'gga?". The bad taste left in my mouth after experiencing what I have described has left me playing either alone or with a few close friends exclusively. I would welcome joining a large unit were I able to discern they are on a level that exceeds the "We take anyone with a pulse" mentality.

We are as laid back as a unit you can get. There is no bossy commander griping orders, I think you would fit in well in our group if your focused on your solo performance. If anything you could shine playing with us because we share targets positions and weekness ie... Hunchback- C3- kapa- cored CT-weak RT. If anything give us a chance. No one is going to tell you what mechs to bring or how to play.

#28 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:53 PM

View PostCarcass23, on 01 January 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

Really. I loathe them.

I'm not referring to snipers on the enemy team. I could care less about them. It's the snipers on my own team. It could be just my own observation, but these snipers are some of the most ineffective members on the battlefield.

Mind you, I am not talking about someone taking long shots with Advanced Zoom as they move around the field. I mean specifically, the ones that try to find a hiding spot and poke at the enemy from what nearly always ends up being, WAY out of range.

Is there some facination with sniping that I am missing? Dreaming of being hidden away and making one shot kills from 2km? Is that it?

Contentious topic.

A decent direct fire support player in a mech that can actually do it can be a game winner. Dual Gauss Yagers, Dakka Yagers, Banshees, AC5 BJ's... these mechs are all built to deliver a withering hail of firepower, if they aren't being shot at themselves. Long range laser and PPC boats are a far more inconsistent beast, but can also do well in the hands of a more skilled player.

If they wander too close to the frontlines, they are very vulnerable to return fire, hence the cowering behind rocks.

Also, sniping is one of the best ways for newer players to come to grips with the game, IMHO. New players will likely have more time to actually make mistakes they can learn from when they aren't turning to vapor after wandering out into the open.

#29 AjerWerklWerkl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:34 PM

The two times I've ended up against the House of Lords people on CW, I really saw the value of good sniping... they just keep all the brawlers at bay and it's hard to even get into the gates! Very effective if you can aim well enough.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users