At1 Battletech Status ?

21 replies to this topic

#1 James Pryde IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:54 PM

Just wondering, what is the status of this game. I played the demo many years ago and loved it, but now when I search for it, I can only download it via the MTX console, and that seems to be disconnected...

I have the full AT1 mtx file...how to I use the MTX console to install and play it ? if possible ?

Thanks

#2 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:00 PM

Guess I could goodle whatever teh heck you are talknig about but since you don't know I'm assuming there is no information.

#3 Wolfwood592

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 505 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:03 PM

Really wish I Could have grabbed a copy of it before it was made unavailable. Miss having it on my new rig!

#4 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:04 PM

the hell are you googling?!

I would avoid those files. The download can be found On This Website. Just look for a download button.

okay I'm not so sure what we are talking about now.

Edited by Brody319, 01 January 2015 - 11:55 PM.

#5 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:53 PM

View PostWolfwood592, on 01 January 2015 - 11:03 PM, said:

Really wish I Could have grabbed a copy of it before it was made unavailable. Miss having it on my new rig!
You know what this is? Care to share?

#6 wolf74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • LocationMidland, TX

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:36 AM

AT1 is shutdown. I will dig through my old hard drive Monday and see if I can get the last working copy running than upload. Not sure if any of the torrents are still up. Mtx was just a torrent FE and unzipped.

#7 James Pryde IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:42 AM

View Postwolf74, on 02 January 2015 - 12:36 AM, said:

AT1 is shutdown. I will dig through my old hard drive Monday and see if I can get the last working copy running than upload. Not sure if any of the torrents are still up. Mtx was just a torrent FE and unzipped.

#8 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:18 AM

Oh wow, it's been awhile since I've heard of AT1, it was an interesting project and it's a pity it didn't get further. I may also have a version of the MTX file somewhere... I seem to remember said MTX files being openable with WinRAR. Not sure if that's accurate or not.

#9 EGG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 322 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:11 AM

Actually I have a couple of copies of this, one is beta 0.6 from 2004, the other is 2.3.0 in the MTX install from 2009. The beta is 1.7meg, the MTX version 233meg if that tells you anything. Possibly I have a third copy somewhere around.

From memory the Spanish guy who made it stopped around 2009, I think him and the other guy who predominantly worked on it transitioned over to Mektek's main project at that time.

#10 wolf74

• 1,272 posts
  • LocationMidland, TX

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:14 AM

Sake906 as he went by on the Mektek Forums did 97% of the Coding,and 80% of the Modeling, 100% of the Maps.
He had a family he had to take care of so when he found a good Job most of his time for coding ended. (Was just about the time MWO started up.)

I did rule translation from book form to real time and 3% of the Coding (Mostly bulk raw data and details on mech specs in the code )
We had 2 other that did a few of the early version of mech Models (Talking version 1.0 models)

Some Raw Info on the Old Game
http://www.moddb.com...ch-1-battletech

Videos on Youtube about it
https://www.youtube....query=at1%3A+BT

Again, once I get a chance to look at some of my old hard drive i would Get the Last working copy uploaded or reseed it.

Directx 7
Compiler was a Programs called Blitz3D
with Fastlibs add in to code.

Edited by wolf74, 02 January 2015 - 07:24 AM.

#11 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:22 AM

I thought AT1 was a brilliant fusion of MW2 and MW3; it really saddened me to see the project cease before it came to full fruition. They were doing great work.

#12 Wolfwood592

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 505 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:21 AM

Here you go bud

http://www.reddit.co...4_mercs/cch2fxh

#13 James Pryde IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:24 AM

I think this was one of the better "games" a good mix like it was said, between MW2 and MW3

At the moment I can only download the tech demo from modb.com.......really would love to try out the full release as the demo was very buggy

Any update Wolf ?

Thanks

PS> Also I know alot of the Mechwarrior Community (especially us "older" players) are re-installing Mechwarrior 2 and the like, so there is still a fair bit of interest out there)

What I love about AT1, if you can some how release the install file outside MTX....is you can set up your own custom Trials, or Skirmishes against the AI

Edited by James Pryde IIC, 04 January 2015 - 01:30 AM.

#14 wolf74

• 1,272 posts
  • LocationMidland, TX

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:34 PM

Found my Old Hard Drive that had the AT1 stuff on it, with all the backup copy of code and everything is about 7.6GB, Copying it to my current system I will see if I can compile the last code Update I had gotten. Sake906 normal did that part so no Promises. Also I will see if there a Working installer archived in the folder in the Morning (I'm in CST,AKA West Texas so you had a time frame for my morning)

Edited by wolf74, 04 January 2015 - 10:35 PM.

#15 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:57 PM

Anyone yet answered the question of what AT1 is?

#16 wolf74

• 1,272 posts
  • LocationMidland, TX

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:15 PM

AT1 : Battletech (Assault Tech 1 : Battletech) was Mainly a 2 Man Team Try to rebuild the Spirit of Battletech in to a Better MechWarrior Style Game in the Long Time between Mw4: Mercs (2002) and MechWarrior Online (2012).

I linked some Youtube video in a Earlier Post.

and no we never got to coding Multi-player in.

#17 wolf74

• 1,272 posts
  • LocationMidland, TX

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:24 AM

The last working copy with small bit of code updates. He had starting to do a total rework of the Game Engine but it is so incomplete it not playable said for one mech so AT1 Was put to rest at version 3 of the Core engine.

Jan 2010 working copy of AT1 unzip and play (the Most Playable one I had)
https://drive.google...NzEycTB4Tl80VTQ about 220mb in size

For those that have Never done AT1, only the Option and Instant Action works.
Option: for editing your Sound, Video, and Control options
Instant Action:
+Click on a Star to edit it's Mech Layouts or remove it.
++Once you clicked on a star a Mech / Pilot list will come up. To Edit a Mech Click on the MechLab button Just to the Left of the Pilot Name.

Please Note some Mechs did not have Texture in this Version due to the fact they were new to that Version.

There is a Readme.txt File and PDF in the Root of the game for more info on Battlemechs Limits and Controls.

Edited by wolf74, 05 January 2015 - 01:38 AM.

#18 James Pryde IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:04 AM

Thanks for that Wolf74 !

The latest version is like almost falling in love with Mechwarrior 2 all over again :)

Especially the music and the GUI in Trial (instant action) set up, and being able to duel with 20 mechs on each side !

Tell me, why again was development stopped ?

As I can see, this game has great merit to be developed further, could even become a "indie" hit...can the original developer still be contacted ?

I will gladly put up my hand to co-ordinate " OP: Revival", however I have no technical, coding or software editing skills to speak of, I would be Social Media, Website, Concept etc, while a new team would have to be assembled

#19 wolf74

• 1,272 posts
  • LocationMidland, TX

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:44 PM

Your Welcome I had tried to plan for the future of the game if it took off here some tidbits:

Weapon and Mech parts planned (Not All Coded but Place Holders were in the code)
Spoiler

Mech I.D. Planned (Most would Never get used but I had the Place Holder there just in case)
Spoiler

Oh if you have both Type of LB-10x Ammo on a Mech with the LB-10x, Highlite the weapon and push number Key " * " to Toggle that weapons Ammo type to next type Loaded. (Works all weapons that have differant type of ammo loaded)

Edited by wolf74, 11 January 2015 - 04:48 PM.

#20 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:48 PM

The status is right below the name of the game, right now it says "ONLINE".
When there is an update, it then changes to "MECHWARRIOR OFFLINE".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users