4 replies to this topic

#1 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

So I thought I'd make a post for anyone who has a fleshed out unit on Solaris 7 to share. Mine is still in the works, but here's the brief unit history and a link with the TO&E.

Vakyas' Valkyries are a mercenary unit originally hailing from the planet Tsingtao, in the Capellan Confederation. At the time the unit was formed in 3051, the planet was firmly in the hands of the Federated Commonwealth, however this changed in later years. Just months before Sun-Tzu Liao's Xin Sheng campaign began in 3060 the unit was forced from the world under fire by elements of the 15th Dracon Regiment (then under Capellan employ) following rising tension between pro-Capellan and pro-St. Ives forces. As the unit's CEO, Colonel Vratyas Vakyas, was a decendant of Rasalhaguian settlers, he has always felt a strong affinity to that nations command structure and traditions.
The sudden attack was all but crippling to the Fusiliers as they were still in their infancy with barely a company to speak of, and not yet accepting lucrative contracts. After being forced to flee Capellan space, the Valkyries went through a long period as transient mercenaries, moving from short term contract to short term contract, serving many of the Great Houses, something which shows through the variety of equipment and mechs in use. C3 systems from House Kurita, rotary AC's from the FedSuns, etc. This has served to give the unit a patchwork structure, however this has also served to keep their opponents off balance, and allowed the unit's mechwarriors to use a wide variety of tactics.
After seeing the effectiveness of the RCT regiment structure while serving in the FedCom Civil War, the Valkyries have recently been adding more and more conventional armor and infantry to the units TO&E. As of 3068 Vratyas' Valkyries can field roughly 2 companies of mechs, and an understrength company of armor, as well as several platoons of infantry. They are currently in the employ of the Lyran Alliance near its borders with the FRR and the Clan Invasion corridor.

http://solaris7.com/...Info.asp?ID=628

#2 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

Is no one familiar with this? I can't be the only one who's made a unit with a backstory before? Doesn't even have to be from solaris 7

#3 Uller Phrost

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 73 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:27 AM

I think alot of us did. Solaris VII's web site get revamped years ago and alot of the older Fluff got trimmed off. We had at least 7 players logged on the site out of maybe 15in our area GR,MI. I can only find 3 of them listed now from 2002-4. I GMed our areas games. I have been looking though my old files and found some of our stuff but have to retype our Fluff and stuff from our campaign.

We had a custom quad we were making for sale 50omni with turret and I did an drawing of a workable LAM transformation(55t dual cockpit iC3 with a claw and 5 ML in the other hand, chicken walker 2 modes) alot more stable then Robotech. Also we had made a Leopard dropship that was longer with 6 mech bays 2 fighters and a Thumper for Comstar build.

I had 2 arenas I made for Solaris VII I made to teach new players stuff like elevation rules and city fighting. I Fluff added to Solaris VII a mag-lev train line from one side of continent to other going though Solaris city. It could carry mechs so I could put the company out in the sticks.

Edited by Uller Phrost, 29 June 2012 - 04:37 AM.

#4 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,841 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

I did an armory there, but not a unit. You can search by user ID "prime" for Donvalen Designs. I'm a fan of the old school source material, and the mechs I've put up there have the same flavor of back story to them.

#5 Mythweaver

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

I am revamping the Solaris 7 game world based on the old suplements from the 90's and early 2000's. Bringing them in line with Total Warfare. I am also writing a campaign to run on Solaris 7 leading up to and including the Blakist Invasion. I will post links when I have it completed. Prolly in the new year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users