Respect The Call For One On One

30 replies to this topic

#1 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:33 AM

In a match and the last man standing called for one on one. It was agreed to then three of my team jumped into it.

Not a lore fan so I don't know what its called but I do know its in game.

Those who break that should be penalized for it.

What say you?

#2 Gaius Cavadus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 404 posts
  • LocationNova Roma, Alphard

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:35 AM

I'm not a clanner so their zellbrigen mumbo jumbo or whatever it's called means nothing to me. I would have summarily ignored the request and gang tackled'em.

Edited by Cavadus, 03 January 2015 - 11:35 AM.

#3 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:36 AM

one v one, fox only, final destination, no items.

#4 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:38 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 03 January 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

In a match and the last man standing called for one on one. It was agreed to then three of my team jumped into it.

What say you?

It'd be nice to see lore put into the game through gameplay, but honestly I can't see how you'd ever enforce it. Got any ideas how it could be done?

#5 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

Get some premium time and start a private match. Not sure why you think you can force others into things they never agreed. Also like the fact that you want them punished for not following your arbitrary will.

#6 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

View PostPika, on 03 January 2015 - 11:38 AM, said:

It'd be nice to see lore put into the game through gameplay, but honestly I can't see how you'd ever enforce it. Got any ideas how it could be done?

Some function in command maybe? Problem would be doing it without abuse. When I have seen it happen its been good so I would like to see it as a game function. One lore thing I enjoy more than any other.

#7 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:04 PM

welcome to the inner sphere.

Pro tip: don't trust us.

#8 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:06 PM

View Post627, on 03 January 2015 - 12:04 PM, said:

welcome to the inner sphere.

Pro tip: don't trust us.

Shoot first, wait for cool downs and shoot again, no room for asking questions later....

#9 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:07 PM

View PostScreech, on 03 January 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

Get some premium time and start a private match. Not sure why you think you can force others into things they never agreed. Also like the fact that you want them punished for not following your arbitrary will.

I don't know about punished past maybe not letting the kill or damage count.. I didn't clarify that well. Having an honor code wouldn't hurt game play a bit. Like I wrote above when I saw it happen I thought it would make a good addition to the house rules as a regular practice. Seen to many last man standing just die in a hail of fire. If they were last man because they were good pilots its a way to acknowledge that.

#10 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:14 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 03 January 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

I don't know about punished past maybe not letting the kill or damage count.. I didn't clarify that well. Having an honor code wouldn't hurt game play a bit. Like I wrote above when I saw it happen I thought it would make a good addition to the house rules as a regular practice. Seen to many last man standing just die in a hail of fire. If they were last man because they were good pilots its a way to acknowledge that.

Meh, no room for "honor" when your trying to win a battle. Just as long as douche bag moves like TKing cuz "thats my kill" stays in CoD, then shooting the oh un holy hell out of the last guy is legit in my books.

I always saw Zell as a rather derp ass way to fight anyway....Clan equipment is cool, their caste system and odd methods of fighting, not so much...

#11 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:30 PM

I'm all for all out fighting but the final guy is mostly just assassination by gang. Showing the last man standing respect by honoring a challenge is the right thing to do.

It is a game after all.

In the real world removing honor and code results in what we have today which is zero respect for the individual and ourselves in the process. It results in horrors including torture and genocide.
War has rules even if many ignore them which only diminishes themselves. You lose the moral high ground or as the Chinese say the Mandate of Heaven. Society's then collapse. Always have. So in game its not a bad thing to teach others.

#12 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:41 PM

Chivalry is dead...I killed it with my teeth.

My job and my honor is gained through achieving my ordered objective and by creating heaps of scrap metal out of those who oppose us...period. It's not blood lust, i can care less about kill counts, assists, etc....it's all about putting up the "W" as set forth by Command.

There is no "I" in team, but there is a "we" in 'whip their asses'...its in there somewhere.

Edited by CocoaJin, 03 January 2015 - 12:44 PM.

#13 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:44 PM

View PostCocoaJin, on 03 January 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

Chivalry is dead...I killed it with my teeth.

My job and my honor is gained through achieving my ordered objective and by creating heaps of scrap metal out of those who oppose us...period. It's not blood lust, i can care less about kill counts, assists, etc....it's all about putting up the "W" as set forth by Command.

KIlling E-Robots, making Spacebucks, getting wins and lvling up mechs......no room for chivalry lol....

#14 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:57 PM

I think there's a presumption that the other people involved speak your language in the first place. ;)

As it is I've seen a handful of duels in solo queue but more in the group as there people are more organised. Reality is taht most duels happen because each team only has one person left. ;)

Tragically lost that one last night.... :(

#15 Raggedyman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:00 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 03 January 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

What say you?

I'm going to assume you're being serious (though I'm not willing to put money on it) and say "so not enforceable" and "it's 12v12 to the death, deal with it".

Also how would it have worked if the last man standing had won? Would you have expected the rest of the team to play out the clock and gone for the draw?? And what if the other guy had then gone "odds are now 2v1, meh I'll give it a shot".

#16 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:53 PM

You want chivalry, go play a Medieval RPG.

This is big stompy robots. I will kill my enemies in the most expeditious fashion available to me.

If the option was available to break into my opponents' cockpits with a knife while they were waiting to power up before the match, I'd do that.

War to the knife, and the knife to the hilt.

#17 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,081 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:53 PM

Most the time the 1 vs 1 challenge is a set up. Used to lure guliable teams to a location to be ambushed. Other times I've seen most of the players agree to it sit back and watch the attempt before some trigger happy idiot ruins it. The one one vs one I have been in was on alpine from an addler. I was in a locust but being warry of entrapment and since my opponet offered me pick of location I chose the a spot on L line for its open space and it was far from h10. I lost baddly since I was more focused on an ambush than my opponet.

#18 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:02 PM

View PostRaggedyman, on 03 January 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

I'm going to assume you're being serious (though I'm not willing to put money on it) and say "so not enforceable" and "it's 12v12 to the death, deal with it".

Also how would it have worked if the last man standing had won? Would you have expected the rest of the team to play out the clock and gone for the draw?? And what if the other guy had then gone "odds are now 2v1, meh I'll give it a shot".

When I saw it and it was many moons ago the challenger won then everyone killed him after he won. He got a legitimate kill all on his own though.
I would have figured the lore guys would at least know what its called and explain it by now.

#19 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:27 PM

Not everyone has Global Chat enabled (including me), so I wouldn't even know about a 1v1 unless someone on comms tells me. Blame the immature kiddies for that...

#20 Raggedyman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:46 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 03 January 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

I would have figured the lore guys would at least know what its called and explain it by now.

The Clan call them Trials, the IS call them "stupid ways to die".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users