49 replies to this topic

#21 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:31 PM

Isn't it funny that now it's a Clan player complaining that something is OP and that it needs to be nerfed, and it's IS players out in full force bludgeoning the former.

Something must have changed. :wacko:

#22 Jolly Llama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 457 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:08 PM

View PostMystere, on 03 January 2015 - 05:31 PM, said:

Isn't it funny that now it's a Clan player complaining that something is OP and that it needs to be nerfed, and it's IS players out in full force bludgeoning the former.

Something must have changed. :wacko:

Yeah, low skill moved to easy mode and then cry when they still get ballistic pumped or PPC smashed. I am a huge fan of high alpha play. All this picking each other apart with nerf guns is boring as hell.

#23 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:35 PM

Take AC40s and Headshot each one - no boring (slightly) tanky stomping Mechgame left that way...

Edited by Thorqemada, 03 January 2015 - 06:35 PM.

#24 Serpieri

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:43 PM

View PostBluefireMW, on 03 January 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

The Quirks reached finally, what was expected.
The good players found the quirked mechs and the heat is not in the game anymore.

Part of a Mech is the heat management.

If the Heat Managment is taken out of the game through quirks there is nothing to take care of and the fun of piloting this kind of machine is gone, too.

The IS will win the CW and it's over.

Before it is changed there is no sense in playing for systems in any way.

Mechs are running around with erppc and don't have any drawback. The perfect weapons.
The ghost heat is quirked out of the game.

I hope PGI is wise enough to go not further this way.

This is Band Aid fixing at its finest - PGI finally excelled at something - wonder what the new mechanic will be to quell the quirks.

Edited by Serpieri, 03 January 2015 - 06:44 PM.

#25 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:07 PM

View Postgeodeath, on 03 January 2015 - 06:08 PM, said:

Yeah, low skill moved to easy mode and then cry when they still get ballistic pumped or PPC smashed. I am a huge fan of high alpha play. All this picking each other apart with nerf guns is boring as hell.

Indeed.

I was also referring to the irony of it all, which makes me think this player base is full of crabs clawing their way up by pulling down those above them.

As for high alpha play, I myself am not a fan. Alphas are supposed to be reserved as a last resort, not the primary style of game play. I just don't know how high alphas can be controlled though, if at all even possible short of hardpoint restrictions.

#26 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:09 PM

View PostWolfwood592, on 03 January 2015 - 04:42 PM, said:

Applying a problem with one mech to all quirks seems kind of silly

Does the TDR need to be drawn back? Yes, but don't be whiny about it.
the TDR is fine. Its not a god mech by any means. Its already had some quirk adjustments in the 2nd pass. If people want to run 7 MPL or 3 ERPPCs/PPCs, i dont see an issue with it. There are far more brutal mechs/loadouts in the game than this mech's loadouts. 3 PPCs is no different than the duel Gauss and is far less brutal than the 5 LBX spam Direwolf. And those that are running 7 MPLs, are easy to kill and or avoid.

#27 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:18 PM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 03 January 2015 - 07:09 PM, said:

the TDR is fine. Its not a god mech by any means. Its already had some quirk adjustments in the 2nd pass. If people want to run 7 MPL or 3 ERPPCs/PPCs, i dont see an issue with it. There are far more brutal mechs/loadouts in the game than this mech's loadouts. 3 PPCs is no different than the duel Gauss and is far less brutal than the 5 LBX spam Direwolf. And those that are running 7 MPLs, are easy to kill and or avoid.

:-/

The Direwolf is 35 tons more heavy, and the King Crab is capable of mounting an almost identical armament while modifying the engine.

The reason the Thunderbolt is overpowered is the tonnage restrictions in CW. 65 tons is a sweet spot. You can take 3 of them and still have a firestarter or a powerful medium.

I'm not saying that the IS doesn't need better perks for range but rather the PPC perk is an absolute disaster given the tonnage restrictions in CW and the fact it basically reverts us back to where we were a year ago with the stalker.

Edited by Blueduck, 03 January 2015 - 07:20 PM.

#28 Iron Buccaneer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 290 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:28 PM

Gee the clanners loose a couple of planets during one day of play and suddenly they are crying for nerfs. Color me surprised....

#29 Kassatsu

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:28 PM

View PostBluefireMW, on 03 January 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

The Quirks reached finally, what was expected.
The good players found the quirked mechs and the heat is not in the game anymore.

Part of a Mech is the heat management.

If the Heat Managment is taken out of the game through quirks there is nothing to take care of and the fun of piloting this kind of machine is gone, too.

The IS will win the CW and it's over.

Before it is changed there is no sense in playing for systems in any way.

Mechs are running around with erppc and don't have any drawback. The perfect weapons.
The ghost heat is quirked out of the game.

I hope PGI is wise enough to go not further this way.

You're a falcon and you're complaining that IS is going to essentially faceroll clans with ER PPCs? GGclose.

#30 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:37 PM

View PostWolfwood592, on 03 January 2015 - 04:42 PM, said:

Applying a problem with one mech to all quirks seems kind of silly

Does the TDR need to be drawn back? Yes, but don't be whiny about it.

Is there really any other way to have something in MWO changed, other than by whining like crybabies? It's the very sad story of this game and much of its player base.

#31 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:38 PM

View PostKiryuin Ragyo, on 03 January 2015 - 05:25 PM, said:

DiscoBolt-5SS pilot words xDDDDDD

Posted Image

Built it the week of the first quirk pass but have yet to actually run a single drop with it (not even Testing Grounds). I've been too busy running my Quickdraws instead! :lol:

I suppose I had better run a few with my TDRs this week before y'all have them nerfed back through the floor. The irony of it all is that I've been a stalwart TDR fan since I received my Phoenix Package, even through the time when most people where denigrating them. Now that the quirks are out and people are claiming that TDRs have become the Mech to own and operate, I've yet to actually run one of mine.

Not sure whether I should be proud of that or embarrassed! :lol:

#32 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:38 PM

I think they should have quirked based on the PUGs and not the competitive scene. The Competitive people is why we got these broken quirks.

#33 Jolly Llama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 457 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:42 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 03 January 2015 - 06:35 PM, said:

Take AC40s and Headshot each one - no boring (slightly) tanky stomping Mechgame left that way...

They ruined the AC40 with ghost heat, that was the first direct fire super whine that started the slide downhill. After that, it was all kinds of crying about every weapon system imaginable. Anytime somebody got smoked, they went straight to the forum and started a thread on nerfing their pet peeve. And now we are here, ******* clanners crying that IS is OP. What a crock.

#34 Iron Buccaneer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 290 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:44 PM

Hey Nightmare don't give away our Quickdraw plans.

#35 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:44 PM

View Postgeodeath, on 03 January 2015 - 07:42 PM, said:

They ruined the AC40 with ghost heat, that was the first direct fire super whine that started the slide downhill. After that, it was all kinds of crying about every weapon system imaginable. Anytime somebody got smoked, they went straight to the forum and started a thread on nerfing their pet peeve. And now we are here, ******* clanners crying that IS is OP. What a crock.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think it was the dual-gauss K2 that started the super whines.

#36 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:45 PM

View Postgeodeath, on 03 January 2015 - 07:42 PM, said:

You know, you tend to be a rather nasty poster. PGI tends to balance based upon internal statistics.

When they nerfed the clan ermedium laser I was happy; I thought it was justified as originally it making the game less fun.

Perhaps you should take off your narrow blinders and think about what makes the game most fun.

Real fans of battletech like both clan and IS mechs and want them to be good.

In short, what's your problem?

Edited by Blueduck, 03 January 2015 - 07:45 PM.

#37 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:45 PM

View PostIron Buccaneer, on 03 January 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

Hey Nightmare don't give away our Quickdraw plans.

Did someone mention Quickdraws?!

#38 BluefireMW

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:24 AM

A look at yesterdays advances show me, that the advance of clans, was based on something they never had:
Real good, or big, Mercenary Units.
Since yesterday, i recognize at least two Units, that have changed from Clans into the Inner Sphere, in this case Steiner Territory.

First they advanced the attack and now they help the biggest house, i guess, to stop the own build advance.

If the planets, they 'own' would change to the colors of there owners... there would be big gaps in the Clan Invasion.

You can tell, that this is whining of somebody who lost something, but my opinion is, that if it is not told what is happening, this beta of CW will not work anymore.
There should be more restrictions for changing for units from one side the border to the other and of course no tag of them on a planet on the other side. Soon there will attack a unit it's own system.

Merc Units, that are bigger then clan or house units, change the war, of course.

Edited by BluefireMW, 04 January 2015 - 02:27 AM.

#39 EvilCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:48 AM

View PostBluefireMW, on 04 January 2015 - 02:24 AM, said:

First they advanced the attack and now they help the biggest house, i guess, to stop the own build advance.

So basically, it is not about tech balance or unbalance, it is about where organized people play. I think also a lot of random people moved to clans hoping to have better success, of course this is not helping at all because how CW is designed.

Breaking news, good players are able to make the best use of whatever they have to use :)

#40 Kiryuin Ragyo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationNorth Korea

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:37 AM

Locust is OP, nerf it!!! :ph34r:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users