Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:44 AM

View PostSaxie, on 04 January 2015 - 05:51 PM, said:

Technically we're all merc units. Even if you pledged lifetime you can still cancel the contract and go Davion if you wanted to take your unit that way.

You realize this is pretty wrong quiaff? ;)

Btw, "technically" it is true, but even if i would enjoy the merc life, i am proud of being part of a Clan regular unit, as i think most of the CGBI, CNC, etc. warriors are.

#22 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:02 AM

The QQing is strong in the Clans...

...funny, you never heard about the FRR with 50+ threads crying about the game being "horribly unbalanced", and nerf this and that. Really quite pitiful that once the IS learns how to take the fight to the clans the game is suddenly broken.

#23 sansDaedalus

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:45 AM

Are you seriously coming in here to say that IS players have never made threads complaining about the game's balance?

Seriously?

Yeah, there are some QQ threads in the Clan forums. Newsflash: there are similar threads in the IS forums too, and just like the Clan versions, they are actually the minority. Our respective factions are made up of a lot of players, and some of those players do not take losing so well. Or are you going to conveniently forget about how when put in a similar position to the Clans two weeks ago, many IS players just stopped playing CW and went back to the solo/group queue because "CW was broken"?

#24 Angel Devereaux

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:46 AM

You won't hear me complain about it, it took almost every major comp team in the game to stop our advance and push us back and that personally makes me proud. Keep up the good fights.

#25 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:19 AM

View PostAngel Devereaux, on 06 January 2015 - 10:46 AM, said:

You won't hear me complain about it, it took almost every major comp team in the game to stop our advance and push us back and that personally makes me proud. Keep up the good fights.

Well spoken. Though we have lost greatly on the FRR front and will continue to for the foreseeable future, we are still pushing hard on the Dracs defending them while at the same time fighting back. Almost had Nykvarn yesterday.

#26 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:22 AM

View PostDamon Howe, on 06 January 2015 - 08:02 AM, said:

...funny, you never heard about the FRR with 50+ threads crying about the game being "horribly unbalanced", and nerf this and that. Really quite pitiful that once the IS learns how to take the fight to the clans the game is suddenly broken.

You've got it backwards buddy boy. Clans have been hit with nerf after nerf after nerf, and all of a sudden when a nerf is discussed for ONE OF YOUR MECHS, JUUUUUST ONE, you won't have any of it.

That by definition is hypocrisy.

#27 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:27 AM

Right?! It's been like 3 days since the IS counter-offensive and every clanner is already "tired" of being on defense and saying the game is broke.

#28 Tuann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard, with a beer, chocolate and waffles

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:49 AM

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 06 January 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

Right?! It's been like 3 days since the IS counter-offensive and every clanner is already "tired" of being on defense and saying the game is broke.

Lol,... We like the fights,.. U really need every top unit to stop us 😄

Bring it on,...

And on balance or non-balance,...
The amount of IS tears on clan tech fills entire lakes,...

#29 Ben Delat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSiegerland

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:42 PM

As well as Clan tears fill whole Oceans regarding the TDR 9S.

#30 sansDaedalus

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:56 PM

That is the point I am trying to make. Both sides have people who are going to QQ.

#31 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:19 PM

And by that you mean every single elite unit switching to FRR with the recently discovered thundercrotch?

Can we haz your skillz please?... we want to learn too.

Edited by Navid A1, 06 January 2015 - 08:20 PM.

#32 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:17 PM

View PostBen Delat, on 06 January 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

As well as Clan tears fill whole Oceans regarding the TDR 9S.

It must be super hard to do well in a 65 tonner that outperforms an 85t clan mech with a mark 7 targeting computer.

#33 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:24 PM

View PostAresye, on 06 January 2015 - 09:17 PM, said:

It must be super hard to do well in a 65 tonner that outperforms an 85t clan mech with a mark 7 targeting computer.

For MUCH, MUCH less then 7 tons and 7 slots mind you....

#34 Ben Delat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSiegerland

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:32 AM

When u are a better Pilot, its not....

So far, i found the only Capable enemys in GB Territory. But that was before New Years Eve. Before they too decided to stay out of the Fight.

So far i fought Davions, Wolfs, Ghost Bears and Smoke Jaguars.
Well, not really Smoke Jaguars, i fought Wolfs and Ghost Bears on Smoke Jaguar Territory, because Wolfs and Ghost Bears refuse to defend their own territory.
It seems they like to fight the FRR Units on SJ Territory instead.......

Well it worked. SJ held Idlewind and Wolf and Bear each lost one Planet to FRR.........

#35 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:34 PM

View PostBen Delat, on 07 January 2015 - 02:32 AM, said:

The lore of clan mechs is that they are capable to destroy 2 to 3 IS mechs of one higher weight class in duels. As of now there is no clan mech capable to survive a duel in a circle of equals versus an IS mech of the same tonnage. A Kit Fox should be able to kill 2 IS medium mechs and still walk back to his dropship, in MWO it can' t even stand one single IS light mech.

#36 Angel Devereaux

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:41 PM

So far, i found the only Capable enemys in GB Territory. But that was before New Years Eve. Before they too decided to stay out of the Fight.

So far i fought Davions, Wolfs, Ghost Bears and Smoke Jaguars.
Well, not really Smoke Jaguars, i fought Wolfs and Ghost Bears on Smoke Jaguar Territory, because Wolfs and Ghost Bears refuse to defend their own territory.
It seems they like to fight the FRR Units on SJ Territory instead.......

Well it worked. SJ held Idlewind and Wolf and Bear each lost one Planet to FRR.........

We didn't have the numbers to defeat the attacks on our planets, for every 12 man we could put out the FRR can put out 2, we felt the time would be better spent helping our Jaguar friends defend their planet and take a Kuritan one while we were at it.

Edited by Angel Devereaux, 07 January 2015 - 03:45 PM.

#37 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:40 PM

View PostAresye, on 06 January 2015 - 09:17 PM, said:

um... you didn't get what he said...did you?

Also, Bringing pilot skill in the equation to justify balance is a little out of place.

#38 Ben Delat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSiegerland

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:49 PM

Also, Bringing pilot skill in the equation to justify balance is a little out of place.

Well, sayin Piloting Skill has nothing to do with Balance, is at least questionable.

A SCR can outright destroy my TDR, if he is clever enough to get close to me, and keeps movin.
If he decides to stayx in his Range of the ERML and wants to do an Mexican stand off, well, ur fault.

Its all in the Tactics.

U want Easy Mode, and recite the Lore for it.

U are disappointed that ur expensive Mechs don t destroy everything with a single push on a button.
(I have all of these clan mechs too, and i have bought them too, all of em)

But its the Piloting skills, nd the Tactics in the gemae, that mak the difference.
and the overall stzrategies, which ur Unit Leaders of different time Zones decide.

and the strategy part, well, it isnt working for u right now.
Maybe when MS comes back in a week. I am actually looking forward to the return of MS to GB Territory.
the u might have an excuse to put up a fight.

#39 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:49 PM

Perhaps the thrust of FRR(+friends and most of MWO comp teams) has been blunted. Yesterday I've seen several great matches, performed only by CGB pugs against IS pugs reinforced by smaller group of premades. On average we are quite skilled I must say, though we have to log in to fight to begin with.

EDIT: Ben Dealt, what you say is ridiculous. TDR can kill SCR in three alphas at 800 meters, which is roughly 10 seconds and a bit of luck. TDR can keep doing that for all ranges under those 800m too. No matter what SCR takes, it has nothing to counter this level of combat efficiency. To be honest if SCR kills your TDR these days you must be really bad pilot or you must be doing something you shouldn't.

Edited by Mordin Ashe, 07 January 2015 - 10:52 PM.

#40 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:42 PM

View PostBSK, on 07 January 2015 - 02:34 PM, said:

The lore of clan mechs is that they are capable to destroy 2 to 3 IS mechs of one higher weight class in duels. As of now there is no clan mech capable to survive a duel in a circle of equals versus an IS mech of the same tonnage. A Kit Fox should be able to kill 2 IS medium mechs and still walk back to his dropship, in MWO it can' t even stand one single IS light mech.

Not so,

The lore made it so that a genetically enhanced and superior Clan warrior was able to duel two or more 'Freebirth' pilots in the same weight and chassis as the Clan warrior.

PGI can not make an average player into an Uber player just by them choosing a clan faction.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users