Your Ideal Configuration

68 replies to this topic

#21 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts
  • LocationReady to make war on Romano Liao for the true chancellor, Candace Allard-Liao

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

Okay, i tried a stalker Fire Support mech and it was way more expensive then my Atlas, here goes:

3 LRM20's with 2 tons of ammo each.
1 Medium Pulse laser
12 Double heatsinks
4/6 speed with a XL engine(64.8 KPH which is the same as the Hunchback though i hope i never get cored.0
16 tons of standard armor.

I went one missle for missle so this one is also possible.

View PostBlackfire1, on 28 June 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

That website is soooo limiting. :\
I prefer to use Solaris Skunk works or the MechLab in MegaMek.

Hatchetman + TSM +x2 PPC's + OVERheating + Hatches = DEATH

I like the MegaMekLab also but this one is easier and simpler.

#22 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

I'll probably just get an Atlas with a regular engine, 10 extra heat sinks, 19.0 tons of armor and then toss in four Medium Lasers and four LRM 15s with a ton of ammo each. Hopefully using all that regular equipment will make repairs cheaper (by avoiding ER/XL/Double HS stuff). :wub:

All four LRM 15s should fit in the left torso then put two medium lasers on each arm for faster aiming. I'm not sure if the lab will allow us to remove armor on a specific part of the mech instead of overall. I have no idea if 20 single heatsinks is too much or too little for this though. It probably won't work out well but hopefully the starting currency from Founders package will let me experiment and play around with it. :)

If the Awesome is available to play right away I'll go buy that... and it'll be awesome. :wub:

Edited by Elizander, 28 June 2012 - 12:10 PM.

#23 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts
  • LocationReady to make war on Romano Liao for the true chancellor, Candace Allard-Liao

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

Okay, i did a Jenner-F as my scout and i replaced the weapons with 2 ER medium lasers.

I had 10 double heatsinks.

I took out the JJ and increased speed with XL engine to 10/15 which is a max speed of 162 kph.

119 points of armor.(7.5 tons)

I wanted to compare so i did the Cicada:

9/14, not quite as fast at 151.2 KPH,2 medium pulse lasers, and 4 tons of armor, with a Narc and a ECM suite. 10 double heat sinks.

It says that narc is a missle weapon so it wouldnt fit the hardpoint but i think the Dev's have counted it as equipment.

Overall, i like the Jenner more, faster, more armor and less punch but more range.

#24 JokerACE

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

Yeah, dunno about the exact placement of hardpoints. The crit in the head is a old tabletop/megamek trick, on the off chance that a head crit blows the laser instead of the sensors or cockpit.

#25 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

I just realized that I can fit (12) SRM4s in the LT of an Atlas and put a PPC in one arm. I wonder if MWO will allow me to do that. :)

Edit:

I think you just need 4 tons of ammo for 8 shots for all of them unless I am mistaken. SRMs have a lot of shots per ton. :wub:

Edited by Elizander, 28 June 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#26 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

Realized that their is no ER medium or small at this point so ill replace all my ER mediums with standards or 2-1 medium pulse laser ratio.

#27 WardenWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

View PostElizander, on 28 June 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

I just realized that I can fit (12) SRM4s in the LT of an Atlas and put a PPC in one arm. I wonder if MWO will allow me to do that. :)

I don't think the torso will have that many missile hardpoints. Two at least (normal LRM20+SRM6), and *maybe* a couple more... but I definitely doubt it will be anything like 12.

#28 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on 28 June 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

I don't think the torso will have that many missile hardpoints. Two at least (normal LRM20+SRM6), and *maybe* a couple more... but I definitely doubt it will be anything like 12.

Well let us hope so or else I shall very much enjoy having a 96 damage missile salvo with one button press. :)

#29 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

i would say 4 or 5.

try 6's though.

Or as i like to call them, God's personal flyswatter :)

Edited by Chunkymonkey, 28 June 2012 - 01:35 PM.

#30 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

View PostChunkymonkey, on 28 June 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

i would say 4 or 5.

try 6's though.

Or as i like to call them, God's personal flyswatter :blink:

4s only require 1 critical while 6s require 2 so I was hoping to cram in more since critical slots (or hardpoints) are the issue and not weight or heat. :blink:

Edit:

Based on this video, I assumed that an entire section is marked as Ballistic, Energy, or Missile and you can fill it up as long as it has available critical space / weight. That's why I was thinking that I could cram LRM15(x4) or SRM4(x12) on the Left Torso of an Atlas (assuming I don't use XL engines).

BUT I wasn't looking close enough at the video (edited cause it's 6 am and I can't analyze properly :)) and it shows how many types of one weapon you can put in (in the case of the Hunchback the LT had 3 Ballistic slots which means you could put a maximum of 3 Ballistic weapons in it assuming the critical space/weight requirements can be met)

That means we can probably cram at least SRM4 (x7) 2 types of missile systems on the Atlas LT which isn't a lot all things considering. ;)

I think it's looking good in preventing boating so far. :blink:

Edited by Elizander, 28 June 2012 - 02:00 PM.

#31 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

For a sniper i did a Cataphract-3D

2 Gauss Rifles with 2 tons of ammo each and a single medium laser.
Stripped the Jump Jets and kept 4/6 speed.
Used 10 single heat sinks to save cost.

View PostElizander, on 28 June 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

4s only require 1 critical while 6s require 2 so I was hoping to cram in more since critical slots (or hardpoints) are the issue and not weight or heat. :)

Arent hardpoints harder to get around?

#32 Kalenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 206 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:51 PM

One of the best set-ups I've had was a Gladiator with 1x LGauss, 2X ER PPC, 1X ERLLas, 5x ER MLas. Got a bit toasty but could whack someone hard enough that I had time to run around and cool off.

#33 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

Another sniper with more armor and same speed is atlas with upgraded XL engine and 4 ER PPC's, Maxed armor and 19 double heat sinks.

#34 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

View PostChunkymonkey, on 28 June 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

For a sniper i did a Cataphract-3D

2 Gauss Rifles with 2 tons of ammo each and a single medium laser.
Stripped the Jump Jets and kept 4/6 speed.
Used 10 single heat sinks to save cost.

Arent hardpoints harder to get around?

Yeah they are. Edited my post after looking closer at the video. :)

#35 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

A capture the flag runner is Commando with 15/23 speed(248.4 W T F?) I hope that is possible because that sounds insane. It has one small laser and 2 tons of armor which is pointless with its 248.4 KPH speed.

#36 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

View PostChunkymonkey, on 28 June 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

A capture the flag runner is Commando with 15/23 speed(248.4 W T F?) I hope that is possible because that sounds insane. It has one small laser and 2 tons of armor which is pointless with its 248.4 KPH speed.

I think a mech with 2-3 large lasers can just wiggle their crosshairs over youseveral times and you'd die tho. :)

#37 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

Okay, since my commando is faster then a dasher with MASC on by 30 KPH lets just assume that it isnt going to happen sadly.

View PostElizander, on 28 June 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

I think a mech with 2-3 large lasers can just wiggle their crosshairs over youseveral times and you'd die tho. :)

Or a single machine gun would probably kill you.

Edit: Actually, putting a 300 Vlar engine on a commando is possible if the Dev's allow it for balancing reasons. Who knows, one small laser could do alot of damage when its fired once or twice before a .22 rifle fired by a seven year old cuts the mech in half.

Edited by Chunkymonkey, 28 June 2012 - 02:18 PM.

#38 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

If someone wants to try MegaMekLab instead, heres the download link http://megamek.info/downloads

Remember, MegamekLab, not MegaMek

300th post for me!

#39 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:35 PM

I tried the 2 ERPPC and 1 Gauss rifle hunchback, it is possible but you have to use single heat sinks because of criticals and you have really bad heat problems and good armor or you could go the other way around. I used 2 tons of gauss ammo so 16 shots should be plenty. You still have the PPC's though.

#40 Glythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:53 AM

View PostElizander, on 28 June 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

Well let us hope so or else I shall very much enjoy having a 96 damage missile salvo with one button press. :)

Someone get this man a stalker (maybe not this exact variant). I bet you that you could toss the lasers to have 2 LRM 20s, and maybe toss the SRM to put on 1 (possibly 2) more LRM 20. That would be 60-80 LRM per salvo. That would just be evil. Assuming you could fit all 4 launchers you should be able to use the Artemis IV system with each launcher and 12 tons of ammunition. You have enough critical space left over for 2 CASE to store all that ammo in your chest and enough weight to upgrade the engine once. And while you would have no other weapons at all you would be able to launch 24 volleys of 80 missiles at a time. Somehow I have a feeling they aren't going to let you do this.... although I would like to see that many missiles raining down on a target.

http://www.mechspecs...-STK-3F-Stalker

Edited by Glythe, 29 June 2012 - 01:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users