Northern Is Houses: Stop It!

53 replies to this topic

#21 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:18 PM

It would be funny if we could attack each other lol, Talk about infighting.

#22 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:51 PM

View PostbobF, on 04 January 2015 - 04:58 PM, said:

The OP is tragically misinformed on he current state of the Clan border, and current merc deployment on both sides.

But this is what happens when all you do is play d-list battles along the Marik/Dav border.

Yeah, that's just today, Cupcake.

So that takes an entire month and invalidates it?

DERP post is derpy.

#23 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:28 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 04 January 2015 - 11:51 PM, said:

Yeah, that's just today, Cupcake.

So that takes an entire month and invalidates it?

DERP post is derpy.

There was a time when I took bobF and Abivard seriously. That time has passed. FRR isn't actually a bad group of folks they just have a couple nitwits (as do we all). For all we know those two are plants from the Clanners to try and motivate people to leave FRR to it (which they certainly have).

Spend your electrons elsewhere. I hear some nutbars are trying to invade Wazan again. What are they thinking?

#24 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:31 AM

The down-side of the Northern IS houses going on the attack is that... there are literally zero people in the queue for FS's planets right now.

That's both sides combined.

Mariks are all asleep, Liaos are all in the group queue, and Dracs are focused elsewhere... and with the clans in defense-only mode, we have no fights. Anywhere.

None.

:(

#25 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:31 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 05 January 2015 - 12:28 AM, said:

I hear some nutbars are trying to invade Wazan again. What are they thinking?

We heard there's a metric shitton of slightly damaged mech parts that haven't been sent to the smelter or integrated into Davion front line mechs yet,

Y'all look funny with purple arms on your yellow torsos. Like if Big Bird had Grover's blood on his hands.

Edited by Roadbeer, 05 January 2015 - 12:34 AM.

#26 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:16 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 05 January 2015 - 12:28 AM, said:

There was a time when I took bobF and Abivard seriously. That time has passed. FRR isn't actually a bad group of folks they just have a couple nitwits (as do we all). For all we know those two are plants from the Clanners to try and motivate people to leave FRR to it (which they certainly have).

Spend your electrons elsewhere. I hear some nutbars are trying to invade Wazan again. What are they thinking?

http://youtu.be/bhDJxEPRDek

I resemble that remark.

#27 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:20 AM

As soon the FRR is extinct Davion will get a Clan Border - i wonder what will happen that time.....

#28 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:36 AM

They will spew sunshine of death and.. um well, take up their sword and say, Excelsior!
They WILL get their hands full, thats for sure!

#29 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:11 AM

View PostLiam Avery, on 04 January 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

This aggression stems from the fact that we would rather have our borders secured so that we can help focus on defending the rest of IS space... and yet, the moment we pull troops off a border - the opposing faction begins hitting it.

Might stem from the fact that your "border" consist of planets that are not yours in the first place. :P

#30 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:58 PM

I think the problem the OP has will only be fixed by population.

Telling IS to only attack will increase the problem you have. Think about it for a minute. You can only defend right? Well a smaller clan can only defend against larger faction due to numbers, we can't do both right?

So if you can only defend, and you tell your northern factions to attack (tying up all the clanners defending) who exactly are you planning to defend from?

Sounds like you really need 'clans' to stop defending and go on the attack to fix your queues as part of the southern factions.

I personally enjoy the faster queues from this last weekend. Having a constant stream of games all during my peak play times is nice, but I could see where not having anything to attack or defend could be frustrating if you want to play around with a drop deck.

#31 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:15 PM

View PostMoarginplz, on 04 January 2015 - 08:03 PM, said:

Marik will attack Marik if nobody else is available, that's why I like it.

#32 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:34 PM

Sorry but I call BS on the FS just wanting a secure border. for the first 2 weeks of CW all you did was attack all your IS neighbors. go watch the time lapse map. marik managed to mobilize and stop you cold but lao and the DC took it in ths back. while the DC was initially focused on the clans we were forced to fight you and we still lost like a dozen planets before things calmed down.

I think what would fix this is all clan contested planets can be attacked or defended by all IS houses. see operation serpent and operation bulldog.

#33 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:37 PM

A star league mode where all IS can attack any available clan planet and vice versa for clans would be neat to see in action, just like any IS/Clan can defend another's contested border with the opposite side

#34 Tarmok II

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 118 posts
  • LocationTerra, Germany, Sachsen, Vogtland

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:24 AM

guys guys GUUUUYS
BTW it is not "northern" houses the direction u are talking about is coreward ;P

#35 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:51 AM

View PostTarmok II, on 09 January 2015 - 01:24 AM, said:

guys guys GUUUUYS
BTW it is not "northern" houses the direction u are talking about is coreward ;P

right - but when you want a message to delivered you have to "KISS"

in this case "northern" is right.

#36 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:45 AM

Pro tip to the lazy southern IS factions:

Stop fighting one another and start helping FRR and Kurita, we are getting pooped on for numbers because you all can't stop squabbling.

#37 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:33 AM

View PostDrunk Canuck, on 24 January 2015 - 06:45 AM, said:

Pro tip to the lazy southern IS factions:

Stop fighting one another and start helping FRR and Kurita, we are getting pooped on for numbers because you all can't stop squabbling.

Kurita maybe, but why would we help the smug and condescending FRR?

Besides, there is nothing in it for us to defend when y'all refuse to attack.

#38 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:00 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 24 January 2015 - 09:33 AM, said:

Kurita maybe, but why would we help the smug and condescending FRR?

Besides, there is nothing in it for us to defend when y'all refuse to attack.

Whatchu talkin about Willis? We are attacking at this very moment!

#39 PadreGrimm

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:39 AM

View PostLiam Avery, on 04 January 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

I believe it's a firm stance within the AFFS that we will not stop our expansion until we see that hostile forces have laid off of our borders. All I see on the forums is "Davion this, Davion that" and most of it is always about our aggression. This aggression stems from the fact that we would rather have our borders secured so that we can help focus on defending the rest of IS space... and yet, the moment we pull troops off a border - the opposing faction begins hitting it.

I keep saying that we need a Star League formed to hold off the clan invasion, and the sooner it happens, the better... yet my Houses command won't see to it until we absolutely no our borders are secured.

You want the full force of the Federated Suns helping? Lay off our border. Get in contact with the AFFS Strategic Command. Once the clans are back to their pre-invasion borders we can go back to our petty squabbling.

So Rat units take planets from other factions.................Rats pull troops off to go fight other places....................factions send troops to regain lost planets..........Rats say "uh we are sending more troops because you guys are attacking us!" Did that make sense in your head before you put those thoughts to text?

#40 TurboLag

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:11 AM

So I would like to add something to this thread a little bit of simple number crunching
This is to show exactly which houses have been pushing hardest and have gained the largest number
of planets from what they had started with. Now I am doing this cause I feel this conversation being had might
be a little asquew not that I will defend Davion but just maybe after seeing the numbers you will see that Davion is not
the threat they are being made out to be. In fact (IS) Wise it is us Purple Turkeys you should be crying about.

Planets Gained top 5 (From CW day one)
Smoke Jaguar +38
Ghost Bear +30
Marik +22
Clan Jade Falcon +21
Davion +7

This information can be found at http://toadflakz.azu...apTestPage.aspx
You will need silverlight installed to view.

[color=#333333]The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy’s will to be imposed on him.[/color]
- Sun Tzu
Turbolag The-BWC.com

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users