Lol nice Hardkor

#3 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:11 PM

Yeah, real classy attacking a planet during holiday ceasefire when 95% of Marik forces are celebrating with their friends and families. /sarcasm

#4 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:29 PM

We're coming back in the morning. Pirates don't have holidays.

#5 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:33 PM

/Yawn, stretch, scratch

Wha? Did Steiner finally do something other than lose to the Clans?

Interesting.

#6 AeusDeif

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:06 PM

Note to self: 228th ignores treaties and plays community warfare as if there is no community

#7 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:24 PM

View PostAeusDeif, on 25 December 2014 - 07:06 PM, said:

Note to self: 228th ignores treaties and plays community warfare as if there is no community

I don't think those guys are 228th. Just some on-the-cheap mercs. Happens. I'd roll 'D' for you guys if I could over the truce period.

Miss Marik actually. Pugging on the Clan border reminds me that not everyone is like you guys. I miss hardcore fights where everyone on both sides is tactically competent.

#8 AeusDeif

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:00 PM

It is 228th, their name is on the planet and they're on record as thumbing their nose at inter-faction relations in general. This one guy wants to RP as pirates in a merc game? But pirates wouldn't be hired or paid for sabotaging their own faction. Further demonstration of the weakness of this beta; if people can casually sabotage their own faction, they can also join a faction to sabotage it on purpose.

#9 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:15 PM

View PostAeusDeif, on 25 December 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

It is 228th, their name is on the planet and they're on record as thumbing their nose at inter-faction relations in general. This one guy wants to RP as pirates in a merc game? But pirates wouldn't be hired or paid for sabotaging their own faction. Further demonstration of the weakness of this beta; if people can casually sabotage their own faction, they can also join a faction to sabotage it on purpose.

I'm sorry, I didn't know there was an expert on my unit around.

Not sure what you were reading (or smoking) but our name is on that planet as we had our members solo dropping during the holidays. We just happen that my unit members that dropped there the most. I can not (and will not) prevent my unit from playing the game. In addition I should point out Marik was targeted for drops because they had defenders. As for inter-faction relations, Our comments directed at Marik are in jest, never with vile. Those Steiner Players above are not mine, nor have any relation to my unit. We have more class then that.

Judging by your comments you seem to be the have mis-targeted your anger, and by correcting you, you will go into a rage trying to find something to nail my Unit's rep to the wall.

See I can play the assume game too. As I have never met you (nor care too much to now) and I can spread misinformation too because instead of simply clearing up these things with my unit, you lower yourself to the level of forum troll. All because someone is wrong on the internet.

#10 moderatepudding

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 147 posts
  • LocationThe Danger Zone

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:32 PM

View PostAeusDeif, on 25 December 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

As one of the top level drop commanders of the 228th, I can in fact confirm that we have been doing everything in our power to sabotage house steiner. However, due to the majority of our opposition being made up of turrets or turret-like beings, we have been unable to accomplish even this sad goal. The 228th has been a complete and total failure in all goals that it has pursued thus far, and dadfire has considered its dissolution.

Morale is at an all time low, and only the teachings of Kanye West have kept us going through this dark time. We rollin'

Edited by moderatepudding, 25 December 2014 - 10:33 PM.

#11 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 25 December 2014 - 11:41 PM

View Postmoderatepudding, on 25 December 2014 - 10:32 PM, said:

However, due to the majority of our opposition being made up of turrets or turret-like beings, we have been unable to accomplish even this sad goal.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4045124

#12 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 December 2014 - 11:46 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 24 December 2014 - 11:33 PM, said:

/Yawn, stretch, scratch

Wha? Did Steiner finally do something other than lose to the Clans?

Interesting.

Lots of Mariks were on that border defending them I guess out of Christmas spirit or something.

#13 AeusDeif

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:09 AM

View PostDeadfire, on 25 December 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

I'm sorry, I didn't know there was an expert on my unit around.

forgivable

our name is on that planet as we had our members solo dropping during the holidays.

possible, but unprovable

I can not (and will not) prevent my unit from playing the game.

plenty of clan planets to attack, and also, non CW game

Those Steiner Players above are not mine, nor have any relation to my unit. We have more class then that.

Alright, I must have been functioning under the impressions left by previous threads.

you will go into a rage trying to find something to nail my Unit's rep to the wall.

sounds exciting to watch but tiresome to carry out

As I have never met you (nor care too much to now)

feelings online: all systems not nominal </3

and I can spread misinformation too because instead of simply clearing up these things with my unit, you lower yourself to the level of forum troll. All because someone is wrong on the internet.

k. pretty strong reaction to my two meager posts, which could be read as a sign of the impression people were getting. but I am glad you take your reputation this seriously. It takes time to create good PR in this chaos.

Edited by AeusDeif, 26 December 2014 - 01:12 AM.

#14 AeusDeif

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:12 AM

View Postmoderatepudding, on 25 December 2014 - 10:32 PM, said:

As one of the top level drop commanders of the 228th, I can in fact confirm that we have been doing everything in our power to sabotage house steiner.

The thing is, if you were doing it on purpose I would expect it to be less obvious. I was saying it demonstrated that someone could do that.

However, due to the majority of our opposition being made up of turrets or turret-like beings, we have been unable to accomplish even this sad goal.

If you guys want anyone to buy the 'we're too bored not to hit launch' bit, you would also have to be attacking Davion. Instead, we get coordinated attacks and troll threads right at the moment when Steiner and Davion have apparently ceased hostilities. This suggests collusion and puts Steiner in a disingenuous light.

IIRC davion and steiner are the 2 most populated factions, so, complaining about not enough opponents will always come across as trolling, as you could find those opponents with ease by switching factions and fighting steiner/davion. Or just by fighting eachother. If Davion was weaker we wouldn't have to have spent basically the entire CW just to barely slow them down, and the actions of Steiner have made them stronger. Steiner and Davion together have perhaps five to ten times as many players as Marik does. And by associating itself with Davion, Steiner has also associated itself with their ceaseless trolling of Marik forums.

So, I don't know why you'd be surprised at the reaction. This is how the Inner Sphere looks from Marik space: barring the inevitable intervention of PGI, the only thing that could stop a Davion takeover is an alliance involving Steiner, or an alliance involving the Clans. And if Davion gets its way and turns half the map yellow, many players will lose interest. Then who will be left to fight the 228th? If the answer will be Davion then, it might as well be Davion now, while the community is still experiencing a resurgence of player interest.

TLDR: Davion's goal is to make CW boring for everyone.

#15 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:43 AM

View PostAeusDeif, on 26 December 2014 - 01:12 AM, said:

The thing is, if you were doing it on purpose I would expect it to be less obvious. I was saying it demonstrated that someone could do that.

If you guys want anyone to buy the 'we're too bored not to hit launch' bit, you would also have to be attacking Davion. Instead, we get coordinated attacks and troll threads right at the moment when Steiner and Davion have apparently ceased hostilities. This suggests collusion and puts Steiner in a disingenuous light.

IIRC davion and steiner are the 2 most populated factions, so, complaining about not enough opponents will always come across as trolling, as you could find those opponents with ease by switching factions and fighting steiner/davion. Or just by fighting eachother. If Davion was weaker we wouldn't have to have spent basically the entire CW just to barely slow them down, and the actions of Steiner have made them stronger. Steiner and Davion together have perhaps five to ten times as many players as Marik does. And by associating itself with Davion, Steiner has also associated itself with their ceaseless trolling of Marik forums.

So, I don't know why you'd be surprised at the reaction. This is how the Inner Sphere looks from Marik space: barring the inevitable intervention of PGI, the only thing that could stop a Davion takeover is an alliance involving Steiner, or an alliance involving the Clans. And if Davion gets its way and turns half the map yellow, many players will lose interest. Then who will be left to fight the 228th? If the answer will be Davion then, it might as well be Davion now, while the community is still experiencing a resurgence of player interest.

TLDR: Davion's goal is to make CW boring for everyone.

Wow, do you understand how bitter that sounds?

So am I to understand that when/if the pendulum swings to favor Marik, suppose Kurita and Marik suddenly become the two great powerhouses, you won't just roll Davion and Steiner?

Of course you would. That's why we're playing the game. That's why CW doesn't have Elo and pug/premade split. It's not here to make things fair. Eventually the balance will shift against Davion, I know that. Expect it, no issue with it, and I'll play against brutal matches every day. We'll see how the give and take plays out. If it reaches a point where Davion simply can't be beat I flat out expect a map reset and some balance changes from PGI to strongly favor against us.

That's why CW is here. It's not here for a perpetual exchange of a couple of worlds. Every time we're going to have winners and losers. Maybe next time it'll be the clans, taking a world from every border every round, relentlessly grinding south and kicking all our asses.

If people are not interested in CW being, you know, warfare, and seeing how that plays out then I'm not sure what to tell them. Don't play CW?

We're playing in a game mode with distinct winners and losers. That means that for every win, someone loses. Someone is going to win overall. That is, in a lot of ways, the whole point.

#16 AeusDeif

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:28 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 26 December 2014 - 01:43 AM, said:

Wow, do you understand how bitter that sounds?

So am I to understand that when/if the pendulum swings to favor Marik, suppose Kurita and Marik suddenly become the two great powerhouses, you won't just roll Davion and Steiner?

Of course you would. That's why we're playing the game. That's why CW doesn't have Elo and pug/premade split. It's not here to make things fair. Eventually the balance will shift against Davion, I know that. Expect it, no issue with it, and I'll play against brutal matches every day. We'll see how the give and take plays out. If it reaches a point where Davion simply can't be beat I flat out expect a map reset and some balance changes from PGI to strongly favor against us.

That's why CW is here. It's not here for a perpetual exchange of a couple of worlds. Every time we're going to have winners and losers. Maybe next time it'll be the clans, taking a world from every border every round, relentlessly grinding south and kicking all our asses.

If people are not interested in CW being, you know, warfare, and seeing how that plays out then I'm not sure what to tell them. Don't play CW?

We're playing in a game mode with distinct winners and losers. That means that for every win, someone loses. Someone is going to win overall. That is, in a lot of ways, the whole point.

Can always count on a Davion to jump into the conversation, lol. How do you think it sounds when Davions talk about annihilating other houses from the game? rhetorical question.

We made a peace treaty early with the weakest house (Liao) and to my knowledge it's the longest lasting peace treaty. so no, you can't assume that we would press the advantage on Davion. It would take us weeks just to take back what we've lost.

I have no issue with the competition in general, it's healthy, it's what the game is about. I just don't want lopsided exploited mechanics driving players from the game. Again.

And the reason it's happening the way it is now is because it's beta, not because 'this is how it's meant to be.' That argument could be made in favor of every overused tactic that eventually got the nerfbat.

Also I really don't see the immersion in interstellar empires that have existed for centuries, crumbling in a few weeks. But hey let's not have another thread becoming Davion-centric. the point was that the explanation proffered by Steiner folks here would only make sense if they were attacking on all fronts.

#17 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:37 AM

View PostAeusDeif, on 26 December 2014 - 02:28 AM, said:

Can always count on a Davion to jump into the conversation, lol. How do you think it sounds when Davions talk about annihilating other houses from the game? rhetorical question.

We made a peace treaty early with the weakest house (Liao) and to my knowledge it's the longest lasting peace treaty. so no, you can't assume that we would press the advantage on Davion. It would take us weeks just to take back what we've lost.

I have no issue with the competition in general, it's healthy, it's what the game is about. I just don't want lopsided exploited mechanics driving players from the game. Again.

And the reason it's happening the way it is now is because it's beta, not because 'this is how it's meant to be.' That argument could be made in favor of every overused tactic that eventually got the nerfbat.

Also I really don't see the immersion in interstellar empires that have existed for centuries, crumbling in a few weeks. But hey let's not have another thread becoming Davion-centric. the point was that the explanation proffered by Steiner folks here would only make sense if they were attacking on all fronts.

You made a treaty with Liao because Davion was a huge threat to both of you. Also, lore-wise they teamed up a lot. It had a lot going for it.

What are the lopsided exploited mechanics in question? Bigger numbers? So, same issue with having a 12man vs pugs in CW? Bigger groups have an advantage?

Are you saying that no faction should be able to develop or exploit any advantage? IN which case... why not just have Faction Elo? Factions can only play against equal factions I guess?

I admit I'm not sure what you think is happening that's exploiting or broken or how you think it's supposed to work out. If situations were reversed we all know Marik would roll into Davion with both feet. Props to them, that's what they should do.

#18 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:25 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 26 December 2014 - 02:37 AM, said:

You made a treaty with Liao because Davion was a huge threat to both of you. Also, lore-wise they teamed up a lot. It had a lot going for it.

What are the lopsided exploited mechanics in question? Bigger numbers? So, same issue with having a 12man vs pugs in CW? Bigger groups have an advantage?

Are you saying that no faction should be able to develop or exploit any advantage? IN which case... why not just have Faction Elo? Factions can only play against equal factions I guess?

I admit I'm not sure what you think is happening that's exploiting or broken or how you think it's supposed to work out. If situations were reversed we all know Marik would roll into Davion with both feet. Props to them, that's what they should do.

He's still on about ghost drops, thinking they decide every planet because somehow Davion magically outnumbers Marik+Liao+Kurita (pro tip: we don't and it's not even close). The information is available for him to educate himself and he chooses not to, because tilting at windmills is easier than admitting that ghost drops during prime time aren't even possible so long as the smaller faction shows up in a relatively easy-to-maintain quantity.

As for the way the game is going, each faction is player-run. This means that there will be periods where some players experience compounding successes, while other players experience compounding losses. Later, those players who are making gains now will likely be on the short end of the stick at some point. I believe that one of the ways PGI can help balance that is to offer scaled bonuses not based on player count, but based on previous performance. The more planets a faction has lost over the last 14 days, the higher the c-bill rewards for taking a new contract with them.

This way, the vast number of players who don't have a lore affiliation will simply move to the underperforming factions to staunch the bleeding when necessary.

#19 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:04 AM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 26 December 2014 - 03:25 AM, said:

He's still on about ghost drops [...]

Is he? Didn't see that anywhere.

I understand that you're frustrated with being accused of farming free wins. God knows, the entire forum must have seen your rants by now. And I'd agree that you are justified in your frustration - you guys do play hard, and you do have three fronts on which to fight, and you are winning. Having that hard work be dismissed as Turretkiller Online is going to rankle. For the record here, I have been explaining the math to everyone I hear say that's what you're doing.

But for the love of all that's holy, don't derail every 'Davion has more players' comment into 'NUH UH WE'RE NOT GHOST DROPPING TO SNIPE PLANETS'. Please.

#20 RayRazor

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 87 posts
  • LocationOn the ground poundin' mechs

Posted 26 December 2014 - 11:46 AM

Dead... You unit was group dropping on Dubhe... i verified when i went onto Merstar to confront Queen about it briefly.. so let's put the truth out there first...
The real question is how 228th plays it from here.. time will tell
If clan space was kicking your butts and you turn to south border i can understand that..
See ya on the battlefield

Edited by RayRazor, 26 December 2014 - 11:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users