Running Repair Tool Ruined My Install After Infinite Patch Loop Glitch

9 replies to this topic

#1 EXeCuToRPriME

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:09 PM

Been playing fine, got on early today to make sure id have enough time to finish the cataphract challenge. All of a sudden my game crashed, tried to restart but ran into the infinite patch loop glitch. I ran the repair tool to fix only to find out once done I couldnt get past the MWO launcher, it wouldnt even start up the game! That was 30 mins to run the repair tool, then another hour and half to reinstall, all time down the drain that counts against me finishing the challenge. I'm trying not to rage but I felt this was the right forum to post my results, and hopefully you guys at PGI will get those glitches handled in the next patch.

One more Feedback I have to offer, bring back the flashing on the meter thats shown when your base is being captured, it does not flash anymore and its hard to pay attention when someones capping your base now. The meter slowly runs out with no flashing.

#2 Tronchaser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:55 PM

I'm with ya man... can't play.

#3 EXeCuToRPriME

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:00 PM

you have to reinstall the game

#4 Leonidas Rommel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationFar side of your moon

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:38 PM

I did, and removed everything including regedit and still nadda. WTF

#5 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:32 PM

switch it back to 32 bit client. or try that anyways, worked for me. pretty much same issue... ran repair tool and now can't run the game in 64 bit :( 32 bit fine 64 says missing dll.. yes even tried reinstall same thing

#6 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:44 PM

I had this problem as well with the repair tool. It was removing a PAK file and the entire bin64 file which is whats used to run in 64bit mode. When you run the repair tool, look at the end where it tells you what it will fix after the scan. If it mentions removing unneeded files, take a close look at them and if it's PAK files or bin64 files, do not hit the fix it button. cancel out, re-start the repair tool but before starting the scan, click on options in the top left corner and uncheck the box that talks about removing unneeded files. This fixed part of my problem. I still had to run it several times before I got out of the patch loop that a lot of us were experiencing but yea, the repair tool was removing files it shouldn't have.

#7 EXeCuToRPriME

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:41 AM

thers a netframework(vcredist_x64) u can install to fix the dll prob with 64bit

#8 Quintus Verus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 184 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:44 PM

PS. I think he means its corrupting the install folder for 64bit functionality. It happened to me after the repair tool screwed up my install. (No 64bit client and I had the infinite, you have to patch error) I had to completely reinstall to a clean folder. It worked like a charm for 1 session and then was back. I took a look my install list and the only thing I had added before it started was RTE 64bit Java, (the offline download) which I nuked and haven't had a problem since. Some have posted that 64 java removal didn't fix it for them though.

#9 Tronchaser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:22 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 18 January 2015 - 11:44 PM, said:

I had this problem as well with the repair tool. It was removing a PAK file and the entire bin64 file which is whats used to run in 64bit mode. When you run the repair tool, look at the end where it tells you what it will fix after the scan. If it mentions removing unneeded files, take a close look at them and if it's PAK files or bin64 files, do not hit the fix it button. cancel out, re-start the repair tool but before starting the scan, click on options in the top left corner and uncheck the box that talks about removing unneeded files. This fixed part of my problem. I still had to run it several times before I got out of the patch loop that a lot of us were experiencing but yea, the repair tool was removing files it shouldn't have.

This worked for me! Thanks man!

#10 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:50 PM

Glad I could help:).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users