Change The Dropship For Defending In Invasion To A Base Garrison.

6 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you agree with my proposal? (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you agree with my proposal?

1. Yes (6 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 CH103

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationScotland, UK

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:37 AM

I am proposing that on the maps in CW, instead of the defending team coming to protect the orbital cannon (or a different objective i one is introduced) is that when they spawn in a new mech they come out of a sort of barracks (garage?) for mechs.

I suggest this for two main reasons, firstly that the defenders gain a reasonable advantage by dropping from arriving in a drop ship, even though the large lasers that have been replaced with medium lasers, this will give the attacking side less of an obstical to overcome but PGI could also add a couple of turrets to make up for the loss of defense firepower lost from the dropships.

The second reason is that it just make no sense that there is no garrison defending such a strategic location in the battle for a planet, I mean really there are no battlemech stationed there as part of a militia force? Please leave some constructive critisim of what I have proposed.

Edited by Chevrolet103, 05 January 2015 - 06:03 AM.

#2 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:50 AM

I had the same idea, so very much in agreement...

Add three mechbays with 4 doors each. Defending mechs are released after a default delay (10-15 second?).

No additional turrets needed.

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 05 January 2015 - 05:53 AM.

#3 CH103

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts
  • LocationScotland, UK

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:07 AM

View PostThe Great Unwashed, on 05 January 2015 - 05:50 AM, said:

Add three mechbays with 4 doors each. Defending mechs are released after a default delay (10-15 second?).

Yeah I was thinking the same thing with the delay as without one would mean that the attackers would have a huge disadvantage, it also makes sense from a logical standpoint in lore as they probably would want to make sure their mechs were as healthy as possible meaning they would have to worry less about repairing/replacing the mechs/parts.

#4 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:15 AM

Indeed. Now both teams suffer a delay, but normally the fighting is closer the base than the attacker's landing zone. You can imagine that the defending mechs in the bay are 'fueled and armed', so not too much time is needed other than powering up and opening the door. But they need to wait regardless... pilot running towards his mech or somesuch excuse :)

You could even add some niceties that enemy fire into the opened mechbay damages the mechbay adding penalty seconds to a defender exiting the bay (say double the wait time when the "internals" are destroyed for the entire lance).

OR, you can even switch mechs during the game by walking into the mechbay. Rearm and repair would make sense, but cannot happen from a balance point of view...however, you would be able to continue with a heavily damaged mech and not need to eject...

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 05 January 2015 - 06:18 AM.

#5 CH103

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts
  • LocationScotland, UK

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:21 AM

View PostThe Great Unwashed, on 05 January 2015 - 06:15 AM, said:

you can even switch mechs during the game by walking into the mechbay. Rearm and repair would make sense

It would make if there was a call for some sort of match where the defending team had to outlast a few waves of attackers with a limited drop deck. Although I like the Idea for the sake of balance I'd just not have the R&R system in play for the current CW build.

#6 Banditman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:05 AM

For the purposes of balance, changing respawn rates to favor the defenders would be too much. However, I do think that having the defenders emerge from mech hangars would be fantastic for immersion if it could be done.

#7 CH103

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts
  • LocationScotland, UK

Posted 06 January 2015 - 02:31 AM

View PostBanditman, on 05 January 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

For the purposes of balance, changing respawn rates to favor the defenders would be too much.However, I do think that having the defenders emerge from mech hangars would be fantastic for immersion if it could be done.

Yeah, it probably would be too much for in match balance, I was suggesting this largely for immersion purposes but it also may be a way to make the gamemode much more balanced.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users