• 3 posts
  • LocationLevittown, PA

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:34 PM

Here's what i got:

GPU: GeForce GT 610
CPU: AMD FX - 4300 quad core 3.8 GHz
Mem: 8 GB
Windows 8.1 64 bit

I know i need to upgrade the graphics card but i don't have the money (need to feed the family).

The game is just not playable on maps like; Frozen City, Viridian Bog, Any night maps with night or heat vision on.

If i can just get some advice on some settings i might use or some config or something, i would appreciate it. Thanks!

#2 Rorvik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 230 posts
  • LocationYYZ

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:37 PM

Are you playing on Low graphics settings? Have you tried lowering the resolution?

#3 MechWarrior4172571

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 251 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:43 AM

View PostDjDaMode, on 06 January 2015 - 11:34 PM, said:

Here's what i got:

GPU: GeForce GT 610
CPU: AMD FX - 4300 quad core 3.8 GHz
Mem: 8 GB
Windows 8.1 64 bit

I know i need to upgrade the graphics card but i don't have the money (need to feed the family).

The game is just not playable on maps like; Frozen City, Viridian Bog, Any night maps with night or heat vision on.

If i can just get some advice on some settings i might use or some config or something, i would appreciate it. Thanks!

Step 1: Overclock past 4.5 GHz (I know, right? lol) but true.

Step 2: Run TCP Optimizer (free program to download--google it).

Step 3: Try different configs posted by different people and mix and match them to experiment..

Here is an example of one that somebody posted saying it helped them to gain a few more fps..

Config example #1:

(seemed to have given extra fps to someone)

gp_option_ShowCockpitGlass=0
r_MultiThreaded = 1
sys_MaxFPS = 120
ca_thread0Affinity = 0
ca_thread1Affinity = 2
r_WaterUpdateThread = 4
sys_main_CPU = 0
sys_physics_CPU = 6
sys_streaming_CPU = 4
sys_TaskThread0_CPU = 0
sys_TaskThread1_CPU = 2
sys_TaskThread2_CPU = 4
sys_TaskThread3_CPU = 0
sys_TaskThread4_CPU = 2
sys_TaskThread5_CPU = 4
sys_flash_address_space = 536870912
gfx_ampserver = 1
gfx_loadtimethread =1
sys_flash_allow_reset_mesh_cache = 1
ca_KeepModels = 1
r_TexturesStreamingOnlyVideo =1
gfx_loadtimethread = 1
gfx_inputevents_triggerrepeat = .025
p_num_threads = 4
sys_limit_phys_thread_count = 4
;help: Limits p_num_threads to physical CPU count - 1
sys_job_system_max_worker = 8
s_NumLoadingThreadsToUse = 2
r_ShadersAsyncMaxThreads = 1
e_AutoPrecacheCgfMaxTasks = 8

Step 4: Work on your RAM speed if you could--up it, if you can, and make the timings tighter while increasing it's voltage. Faster RAM memory would help a bit too due to faster transfer of info between CPU and GPU and etc.

Step 5: Try everything video related on low settings and off and see how that would perform--this will give you a base line which would show your video card capabilities (especially once you do all the other steps I noted above.)

On older AMD processors MWO wants you to have at least 4.5 GHz so that your game might run smoothly. Lots of inefficiencies and incomprehensible Idiosyncrasies are at work in this game vs. older AMD processors (and even some new ones for that matter.)

#4 Smokeyjedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:44 AM

This isnt fully completed yet, but I assure you it will do something positive for you..............the last series of script is disabled Via ; but I can spend more time finalizing this A.S.A.P. and yes a Moderate OC will be the absolute best course of action period.

Just save this text to a txt file, on desktop. name it user.cfg and place it in programfiles(X86) inside pgis MWO folder beside system ovveride.cfg and others.......save it there and boom, noticeable gains. You are welcome.

gp_option_ShowCockpitGlass=0 (off/on)
r_DepthOfField=0 (off/on)
r_HDRGrainAmount=0.0 (film grain amount) -this will add >5% alone
r_motionBlur = 0
r_MultiThreaded = 1
cl_fov = 80(Default is 75)

ca_thread0Affinity = 0
ca_thread1Affinity = 1

r_WaterUpdateThread = 4 -with physics and smoke and particles on dedicated core makes large improvement.

sys_main_CPU = 0
sys_physics_CPU = 1 -the largest issue in MWO threaded badness
sys_streaming_CPU = 2

sys_TaskThread0_CPU = 0
sys_TaskThread1_CPU = 4
sys_TaskThread2_CPU = 3
sys_TaskThread3_CPU = 2
sys_TaskThread4_CPU = 1 ----to be revised further.
sys_TaskThread5_CPU = 4
sys_TaskThread6_CPU = 3

This is part to be worked out. potentially using already finished frames to complete rendering faster than waiting for CPU input.in some cases.

;gfx_ampserver = 1
;gfx_loadtimethread =1
;sys_flash_allow_reset_mesh_cache = 1
;ca_KeepModels = 1
;r_TexturesStreamingOnlyVideo =1
;gfx_loadtimethread = 1
;gfx_inputevents_triggerrepeat = .025

I have personally used A FX 4300 and Hypermaster 212+(30$ with thermal paste) achieved 4.760 mhz with a 80$ ASrock AM3 880 GM LE (budget board) Long before I truly knew much about OCing CPUs........
now I would hit 5.0 with some amount of certainty.

#5 MechWarrior4172571

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 251 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:51 AM

View PostSmokeyjedi, on 07 January 2015 - 04:44 AM, said:

sys_physics_CPU = 1 -the largest issue in MWO threaded badness

Have you tried off-loading physics from GPU to CPU or vice versa? I am sure that can make a big impact for older video cards since they are weak at physics processing. Normally, in nVidia panel PhysX is set to "auto" by default but it can be manually assigned to either CPU or GPU.

Something worth checking out for the owners of older video cards.

#6 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:50 AM

PhysX and physics are not the same. Cryengine 3 does not use PhysX. As far as I'm aware, there is no cvar to offload things like particles to the GPU. Cryengine 3 doesn't even use OpenCL for particles from what I know, either, which means particles will remain on the CPU.

#7 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:01 AM

with a geforce 610 the cpu won't even be the problem

anyway, turn off damage glow, set everything to low and run at the lowest possible resolution. Might run ok-ish.

#8 IG 88

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 416 posts
  • LocationSagunay, Québec Canada

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:34 AM

ok first if you want your hardware to live longer do not overclock it.
second make sure all your drivers are up to date.

now lets configure your video card correctly.
right click on your desktop
click on the nvidia control panel
and click on go "Manage 3D Settings"
then use those setting(if you want those setting to work only for mw:o then click on the "program setting" tab and find the mw:o.exe).
-Ambient Occlusion: off or performance
-Anisotropic Filtering: controlled by app
-Antialiasing - Gamma Correction: off
-Antialiasing - Mode: controlled by app
-CUDA - GPUs: all
-Multi-display/Mixed-GPU Acceleration: Single Display
-Power Management Mode: performance MAX
-Texture Filtering - Anisotropic: controlled by app
-Texture Filtering - Negative LOD: autorized
-Texture Filtering - Quality: high preformance
-Texture Filtering - Trilinear Optimization: on
-Threaded Optimization: Auto
-Triple Buffering: off
-Vertical Sync: controlled by app

then hit Apply

use whatever user.cfg you desire.
mine look like this.

cl_fov = 75
r_DepthOfField=0
r_HDRGrainAmount=0.0

then we need to adjust your mw:o setting

resolution: native
windowed mode: window full-screen
direct x: 11
motion blur: off
damage glow : off
effect: low
object detail: high/med
particles: low
post processing: low
shading: high/med
shadows: low
texturing: high/med
environment: high/med
anti-aliasing: off/postaa

compare your fps before and after and with high/med or even low setting if you must and tell me the result.
you can change all the mw:o setting while in a live game or in the training ground.

I was playing mw:o at ~20 fps with those setting on a
intel e8400
nvidia 9800gtx+
4g ram ddr2

and since your computer is better then this old crap you should be able to pull out at least ~50 fps

you can also try v-sync

I now use those setting(tweaked a bit) on my new computer
i5 4690
gtx760
8g ram ddr3 1866
game on ssd

and it give me a steady 100 fps

Edited by IG 88, 07 January 2015 - 06:45 AM.

#9 Smokeyjedi

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:43 AM

View PostJesus DIED for me, on 07 January 2015 - 04:51 AM, said:

Have you tried off-loading physics from GPU to CPU or vice versa? I am sure that can make a big impact for older video cards since they are weak at physics processing. Normally, in nVidia panel PhysX is set to "auto" by default but it can be manually assigned to either CPU or GPU.

Something worth checking out for the owners of older video cards.

View PostxWiredx, on 07 January 2015 - 05:50 AM, said:

PhysX and physics are not the same. Cryengine 3 does not use PhysX. As far as I'm aware, there is no cvar to offload things like particles to the GPU. Cryengine 3 doesn't even use OpenCL for particles from what I know, either, which means particles will remain on the CPU.

It came down to the CPU controlling the massive physics calculations......./Wired elaborates elegantly, as my inner rage prevents me from doing this most times......

#10 Smokeyjedi

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:50 AM

View PostIG 88, on 07 January 2015 - 06:34 AM, said:

ok first if you want your hardware to live longer do not overclock it.
second make sure all your drivers are up to date.

now lets configure your video card correctly.
right click on your desktop
click on the nvidia control panel
and click on go "Manage 3D Settings"
then use those setting(if you want those setting to work only for mw:o then click on the "program setting" tab and find the mw:o.exe).
-Ambient Occlusion: off or performance
-Anisotropic Filtering: controlled by app
-Antialiasing - Gamma Correction: off
-Antialiasing - Mode: controlled by app
-CUDA - GPUs: all
-Multi-display/Mixed-GPU Acceleration: Single Display
-Power Management Mode: performance MAX
-Texture Filtering - Anisotropic: controlled by app
-Texture Filtering - Negative LOD: autorized
-Texture Filtering - Quality: high preformance
-Texture Filtering - Trilinear Optimization: on
-Threaded Optimization: Auto
-Triple Buffering: off
-Vertical Sync: controlled by app

then hit Apply

use whatever user.cfg you desire.
mine look like this.

cl_fov = 75
r_DepthOfField=0
r_HDRGrainAmount=0.0

then we need to adjust your mw:o setting

resolution: native
windowed mode: window full-screen
direct x: 11
motion blur: off
damage glow : off
effect: low
object detail: high/med
particles: low
post processing: low
shading: high/med
shadows: low
texturing: high/med
environment: high/med
anti-aliasing: off/postaa

compare your fps before and after and with high/med or even low setting if you must and tell me the result.
you can change all the mw:o setting while in a live game or in the training ground.

I was playing mw:o at ~20 fps with those setting on a
intel e8400
nvidia 9800gtx+
4g ram ddr2

and since your computer is better then this old crap you should be able to pull out at least ~50 fps

you can also try v-sync

I now use those setting(tweaked a bit) on my new computer
i5 4690
gtx760
8g ram ddr3 1866
game on ssd

and it give me a steady 100 fps

I have to agree with all things except for the OC ruining things.......If you control the variables as best you can and keep things under thermal and voltage limits, Ive yet to melt a processor down after years of leaning into the silicone with force.......Ive yet to have a OC'd processor have a catastrophic event take place.......15 years give or take a year. but solid reliable untapped power can be uncorked at the ready these days.........digital voltage regulators and conductor compounds inside silicone die. Hot stuff......

#11 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:59 AM

Yeah a Geforce 610 is definitely the weakest of the weak. Even OCing that GPU as far as you can won't do much. You could probably find a GT 720 for $50 or less that would double your performance and use 10W less. I'm assuming this PC is probably a prebuilt one and that the PSU is weak, so any type of OCing you might attempt on the CPU to gain performance there will benefit from the slight reduction in draw from the GPU.

If you're not familiar with overclocking, there are a ton of guides out there, and probably some specific to your CPU (maybe even your exact system). The only things they don't usually mention are to make sure you don't push your voltage too high. That goes for CPU, GPU, and RAM.

Feed your family, but horde your pennies. To get any real performance out of this game you're going to be spending $500 at the very minimum.

#12 Catamount

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:04 AM

Technically IG 88 isn't wrong about OCing. Yes, it means your precious CPU might only last 8 years instead of 20. Is there any person on Earth for whom that matters? Nope.

and yeah, ditch the GT610, scavenge the used market if you have to (though strangely every deal I find there is bad :( post-Christmas is always a lousy time)

Edited by Catamount, 07 January 2015 - 08:05 AM.

#13 Lord Letto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 900 posts
  • LocationSt. Clements, Ontario

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:59 AM

I'd say save up at least $100 for a new (or Used) GPU, maybe around $50 more at least (so around $150 Total) to upgrade the PSU if Required and OC that 4300 as much as possible until you have the Funds to Switch to Intel (I'd say $225 Minimum for a Basic (Non K) i5 and a basic (H81) Motherboard) and you should be good for 60FPS on at least Medium, maybe High @1080P if you have a 1080P Monitor.

#14 DjDaMode

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationLevittown, PA

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:12 PM

Thanks for the replies, im going to be trying them all. I really have to save up for a new gpu. Ty all

#15 MechWarrior4172571

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:15 AM

View PostDjDaMode, on 09 January 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

Thanks for the replies, im going to be trying them all. I really have to save up for a new gpu. Ty all

Download free programs called GPU-Z and CPU-Z and see what speed your RAM is running at? It's probably running by incorrect, but prevalent, BIOS default of 1333MHz even though it might be capable of more. CPU-Z has a window that shows your RAM and other settings--you can even save it as a .txt file and post it if you wanted to on any forum. You can also go into your BIOS and see it directly as BIOS info there--it will tell you what speed your RAM is set as currently. Pulling out one of the ram sticks and looking at the numbers on it could tell you about it's rated speed and timings but you can also look up the part number online after looking at info from a free program like Speccy, by Piriform, http://www.piriform....wnload/standard . You can install Speccy, go to RAM section, check it out, then you can save the info as .txt file as well, if you so desired. Look at SPD section there especially--see if there is any XMP profiles there beside standard JEDEC info--this could give you a solid indication of what your memory is capable of.

#16 Randall Flagg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 590 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:15 PM

Turn all settings to "Low"

Texturing to "High" and damage glow on.

#17 Rascally Jack

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:52 AM

I second IG88 says to do and also the ram portion. Mileage varies for all of us.

#18 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:14 PM

The thing that´s the most important with overclocking is take care of optimal cooling,
in other words get rid of manufacturer fan´s cause they are cheap crap and the weakpoint
of your motherboard when overclocking cpu.You can find dozens of tutorials about it.
Without proper cooling the lifespan of your Graphics card and cpu will get reduced heavy.

I for myself don´t OC any of my hardware, cause nobody can tell you exactly how many
days of hardware´s lifetime is lost in the end.The stock fan of a graphics card will most
likely stop working after 1-1.5 years on a OC´ed average user product (common 1gb ram cards)
cause he has to do much more work.Dont know how this behaves on a very well cooled system,
mine wasent at that time :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users