99 replies to this topic

#1 EightBitKnight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 164 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:48 AM

So ive been looking to play CW for a few hours and seems like no ones on. I've never seen the numbers so low, only 3 or 4 player per planet maybe. Does CW have a down time where players are just not as active? Is there an avoid CW attitude right now? It's not a ceasefire it's still attack phase. Just kinda sucks i had time to play today and just sat around, ended up in the normal ques just so i could play.

#2 Felix7007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:53 AM

Nope. People are really just not playing.

#3 Endar Darkstar

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:56 AM

I tried it too. Same situation. Only two persons on all planets.

#4 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:57 AM

Everyone is playing at night(U.S Time) before the planets change over.

#5 Felix7007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:04 AM

nope not even that. look at the other topics. even during 2hr.

#6 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:07 AM

Just saying again, hoping PGi will read....
I, and I think many players, will never play CW again if dat looooooong waiting time to drop won't be fixed.
Let's say 5 minutes max.

#7 Tiger 6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:09 AM

1 game mode.
2 maps, one of which is hard to defend against a big organised group, the other difficult to attack against said big group.
No ability to group up with friends in allied units to coordinate tactics and drop decks in order to meet those big groups on an even playing field (sync dropping is hit and miss in a large faction).
Map design forces repetitive game play.
And as Monkey Lover already said, nothing the EU timezone players do really means much in the grand scheme of things.

Speaking for myself, I'm a veteran player in a small unit - I have levelled every mech in the game so I don't need the XP boost, I have premium time and hero mechs so I don't need the CBill boost, and we don't have enough man power to make a difference on our own. CW is just not appealing to me in its current state of development.

Edited by Tiger 6, 07 January 2015 - 10:10 AM.

#8 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:15 AM

A week ago, right about this time of posting, there might be around 120 to 200 players based on what I am seeing in the queues.
Right now, the exact number I see is 2.

The whole CW thing is falling apart much faster than I thought.

#9 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:21 AM

View PostAnjian, on 07 January 2015 - 10:15 AM, said:

A week ago, right about this time of posting, there might be around 120 to 200 players based on what I am seeing in the queues.

because it was a half-assed launch with no content and they slapped "Beta" on there to use as a crutch for something incomplete. Then do it during a major holiday and this is what happens.

#10 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:22 AM

I'm at work.

#11 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:33 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 07 January 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

I'm at work.

And in your free time you would like to play, instead of waiting hours watching "pilot receiving orders", right? :)

#12 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:33 AM

View PostAnjian, on 07 January 2015 - 10:15 AM, said:

That's because PGI in their brilliance dropped it right before they would be out of the office for the holidays. So instead of anyone being around to tweak things or even at least respond on the forums we've had weeks of the same nonsense. PGI decided it's new tactic, much like the vaunted Ui 2.0 would be to be on time and sloppy. I guess that was an improvement on late and sloppy, but well now all the tools that crowed it arrived on time are going to watch it die unless PGI gets some quick changes. The deadly cycle of people not wanting to wait forever and thus not playing making the remainder wait forever causing more people to stop playing and again raising waiting is hitting full stride. That combined with the previous rare encounter with 12 man teams increasing because the casuals are driven away by running into 12 man teams is also increasing.

#13 Kyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:35 AM

Stocking-stuffer event drove lots of people to try CW. Not surprised numbers collapsed shortly thereafter.

CW needs more depth to it. And logistics.

#14 Kibble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:36 AM

There is no point in playing until 1-2 hours before ceasefire and the only reason why there were more people playing before was due to the event.

#15 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:36 AM

View PostFelix7007, on 07 January 2015 - 10:04 AM, said:

nope not even that. look at the other topics. even during 2hr.

I played 6, 20 ish minute games last night. Sure there might not be a ton of people on but I was finding matches.

#16 Tiger 6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:02 AM

View PostBigbacon, on 07 January 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

because it was a half-assed launch with no content and they slapped "Beta" on there to use as a crutch for something incomplete. Then do it during a major holiday and this is what happens.

In fairness to PGI, if I wanted to see if the back end system supporting the game would hold up, I would probably have done the same - its the holidays, so plenty of people online at all times of the day, toss in the stocking stuffer event as encouragement, and you can be pretty sure that the system is going to take a beating with the resulting traffic.

I'm sure they should have also got a reasonable handle on faction numbers - how many are staying loyal, how many switch sides just because they can, and how many will take be attracted by financial incentives.

The problem is that once the player base had 'looked behind the curtain', we realised that there really wasn't much to see.
I really do hope that they have a plan to follow this up quickly with more content and not just carry on slapping band aid solutions - as this patient has already about bled out...

#17 Poptimus Rhyme Wallace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:22 AM

Can only answer on my own behalf.
CW gets boring quick, it is essentially a long wait for the same match 16 times in a row, 8 hours spent, nothing learned or exciting experienced.

day = wasted.

If I am to play a video-game for 8 hours it at-least needs to be engaging and interesting.

#18 Tiger 6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:23 AM

Actually now I think back to the original closed beta when I joined (July 2012) we had:

2 maps - check
1 game mode - check
Cheesy tactics like 8 Jenner base rush, or 8 Atlas stomp - check
Coordinated 8 man teams dropped against 8 solo pugs with no restrictions on the team composition - check

But now the differences:-
We had the ability to group up with whom ever we wanted to, to coordinate tactics and compositions ahead of the drop.
Complete control over how you played the game - the teams were not forced to attack (or defend) by the rules.
Each map had 2 or 3 different strategies for both attack and defence.
We dropped almost instantly.

Edited by Tiger 6, 07 January 2015 - 11:24 AM.

#19 EightBitKnight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 164 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:26 AM

Happy to say I got a match in before I had to sleep before work. Yeah i think the 12 man teams should for the most part fight them selfs or smaller groups together most PUGs like me get rolled since we cant coordinate as well but meh...

#20 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:27 AM

Im not nearly as doom and gloom as some of the folks here. My theories on lower population boil down to:
  • Daytime numbers were HIGHLY inflated over the holiday. Lots of people on vacation who normally could never play during the day had time.
  • Also, the euro players are frustrated because of the cycle end time issue. Rightfully so.
CW has issues, but it isn't nearly as bad as some of you are making it out to be...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users