5 replies to this topic

#1 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:41 PM

Currently the stats are hard locked and you can do nothing with them. However Could an option be put in to reset your stats counter to 0 for a particular weapon system say SRM 4, so you might see how you have improved with that weapon system since you learned how to use it.

Keep your global stats as they are now as an overall, however include a local reset so we can gauge ourselves as we actually master mechs. As we all know going through the leveling process can severely hamper your stats. However once you master a chassis your skill should increase.

Just curious is all, thoughts?

#2 Viikinki

Rookie

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:07 AM

Necro \o/ (since necro is better than making a new thread on the same issue?)

I just today started wondering how great it would be if you could reset some or even all of your stats. Your 'global' stats could keep accumulating like now, but there could be another tab which would be your stats since your last personal reset.

Why?

Since many new players (myself included a while ago) pad their stats way into the negative (since they're Bad) it would be really nice being able to see how you are doing nowadays instead of saving a mental snapshot of your stats and trying to recall that a week later to do diffs in your head. Personally I'm only doing this for win/loss ratio since that's pretty much the only stat my memory is capable of remembering. I used to be at -70, now I'm at -40 so I'm clearly doing better than I used to but it won't ever (or for a long time anyway) show up in my stats due to the newbie padding.

If something like this exists then please let me know and apologies for a useless necro.

(I don't count "take a screenshot" as something like this existing)

#3 Tony Benoit

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationForum Banned, New account soon

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:13 AM

Are you asking for a way to reset your saved stats or ELO?

I would love to reset my ELO

#4 Viikinki

Rookie

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:43 AM

View PostNotMwHighlander, on 30 January 2015 - 03:13 AM, said:

Just the stats that show in profile/stats page, kill/death win/loss etc etc.

It already has categories 'current' and 'archived', just one more category of 'since-last-self-reset' is what I ask for.

Personally I don't care about ELO, it's more fluid anyway and can't be hurt by ancient padding if the system is not rotten. And since it's hidden (isn't it?) there's no way to make an educated guess whether it's rotten or not ;)

#5 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:25 AM

I think this would be useful for new players. It took forever to raise my stats so maybe the options to reset them would help in judging personal progress. Optional would be best for most I would figure.

#6 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:40 AM

Ahhhh I feel so warm and fuzzy inside someone necored one of my threads :>

View PostNotMwHighlander, on 30 January 2015 - 03:13 AM, said:

I would love to reset my ELO

Nah, Keep the hard stats as they are for EL calcs, but a local reset to see how you do on a particular weapon system. Like my % right now with M Lasers is 91.43%, Let me reset it to 0 so I can see if I can improve it without touching the stats the PGI keeps that we can see now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users