1 reply to this topic

#1 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:15 AM

Simply put, I'm losing my reason to play.

What I desire from MWO:
A gritty, rough ride, with tactical survivalism, working together to accomplish goals. Something that can train the mind to attain something useful from the situations that occur.

CW right now:
Stupid arcadey throw bodies at you and suicide to objectives. Real let down. Getting nothing outta this.

Edited by ManDaisy, 08 January 2015 - 11:15 AM.

#2 Trashhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

Well, speaking up as a PUG who is simply to bad to win in CW, i would like to give my 2 cents (keep in mind all the following stuff is only my personal opinion, nothing more).

I would like to see the Invasion game mode in PuG-Queue:
- without respawn, but with the Dropships at the beginning of the match (should be added to all game modes imho)
- the Invasion game mode would need to be tweak to be playable without respawn (less or no turrets, maybe eben no gate, less generators.. something like that

I have to admit that i somehow like it to have only ONE life - it means that this one life is all you have, and you will have to make it count.

For me, there is nothing more rewarding then surviving an intense battle, with my mech almost falling apart at the end of the match.
Heck, as long as i was part of an intense battle I do not even mind if I die in that battle and my team looses! - as long as there was a battle, and not a roflstomp... .

The respawn - as cool as the dropships look like (just check out THIS video) - takes away something from the battle.
At least for me. (Yes, i was surprised to find that out, too.)

Anyway: PGI, give it a shot and give the PuG's Invasions (don't forget to tell them that Invasion was made with respawn in mind, so the game mode needs to be tweaked to work in PuG-Queue - which could be done if you (the players) give us reasonable feedback (haha!).
I personally don't mind if my efforts don't have any impact on the outcome of the actual invasion - i would just like to play it.

On the other hand CW should retain the respawn-mechanism (imho).

(Edited: PS)

P.S.: while i currently do not enjoy CW (simply because of the long waiting times and the unbalanced matchmaking (nnNNNNOOO, with 12 PuGs against a 12 man team you simply do not win, unless the 12 man team uses their feet instead of their hands to operated their controls)) - i do not intend to abandon ship. ;)
You can find my in the PuG-Queue, where i... well... i guess i suck there, too, but not as hard as in CW. o_0

Edited by Trashhead, 08 January 2015 - 01:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users