#1 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:20 PM

So, I've been dropping with my unit to notice something that I found rather, odd.

Is it working as intended PGI, to be putting 3 groups of 4 players... against larger organized groups?

I've run into a couple of matches where the majority of the enemy team was a singular unit.

Seeing as how the challenge doesn't give you points on if you're in a group bigger than 4. The only conclusion is that this oversight was noticed by some units, and the decision to "Troll" those of us who are attempting the challenge has been made. That and the decision to farm easy kills by facing down 3 split groups of 4, while your team has 10 on coms together.

Sounds like a rather serious oversight PGI.

#2 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:22 PM

uhm group queue is group queue, you'll be dropped against anywhere from 2-12 mans on the other side just like it's always been as far as I know

#3 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:29 PM

View PostSandpit, on 05 September 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

uhm group queue is group queue, you'll be dropped against anywhere from 2-12 mans on the other side just like it's always been as far as I know

Right...

I'm not arguing that. what I'm saying is. How is this fair to those attempting the challenge?

What of those who don't CARE about the challenge, and who decide that "Hey, these smaller teams of 3 will be easy to farm."

Are you seeing the fundamental oversight here?

This Challenge is a good idea, it's a team oriented one. It's a step in the right direction. However if you're going to offer a challenge like this, everyone needs to be on equal footing in regards to team sizes they will be facing.

There is a distinct advantage a 10 man has vs 3x4 mans..

#4 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:32 PM

View PostFlash Frame, on 05 September 2014 - 03:29 PM, said:

Right...

I'm not arguing that. what I'm saying is. How is this fair to those attempting the challenge?

What of those who don't CARE about the challenge, and who decide that "Hey, these smaller teams of 3 will be easy to farm."

This Challenge is a good idea, it's a team oriented one. It's a step in the right direction. However if you're going to offer a challenge like this, everyone needs to be on equal footing in regards to team sizes they will be facing.

no, not really because those 4mans are playing the exact way and against the same type of matches they were playing against yesterday?

#5 Squally160

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:32 PM

View PostFlash Frame, on 05 September 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

So, I've been dropping with my unit to notice something that I found rather, odd.

Is it working as intended PGI, to be putting 3 groups of 4 players... against larger organized groups?

I've run into a couple of matches where the majority of the enemy team was a singular unit.

Seeing as how the challenge doesn't give you points on if you're in a group bigger than 4. The only conclusion is that this oversight was noticed by some units, and the decision to "Troll" those of us who are attempting the challenge has been made. That and the decision to farm easy kills by facing down 3 split groups of 4, while your team has 10 on coms together.

Sounds like a rather serious oversight PGI.

Uhm, welcome to the group que? Seriously... its the group q. Not the 4x3 que. Dont complain. Enjoy it learn to play better. Eat waffles.

#6 Daoa Hakoke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:33 PM

I'm sorry but I don't really see how this would be an oversight. I play in the group queue almost exclusively and you always see this, large single group vs several smaller groups. Not to say its wrong or anything, I love the group queue. This weekend will probably be my units first time sync dropping sense the change in group sizes.

Nothing wrong with some groups not caring about the lance challenge, just like not everybody cares about the solo challenges.

#7 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:34 PM

Yea seriously....simply because there is a challenge this weekend does not mean those attempting the challenge should be sheltered from the regular nuances of the group queue.

Some people simply do not care about these challenges, and group queue is always 2-12 vs 2-12's. Your conspiracy theory is pretty weak stuff.

#8 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:41 PM

View PostLukoi, on 05 September 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

Yea seriously....simply because there is a challenge this weekend does not mean those attempting the challenge should be sheltered from the regular nuances of the group queue.

Some people simply do not care about these challenges, and group queue is always 2-12 vs 2-12's. Your conspiracy theory is pretty weak stuff.

I don't think it's a conspiracy theory, I just think the OP is complaining about something that really isn't material. If anything it will make it easier to find more evenly matches teams because there will be more people in the queue

#9 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:42 PM

Fine, I'm wrong.

Cool, thread over.

#10 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:44 PM

Look at it this way dude, it's no different than when dedicated group players had to drop solo away from their units and teammates for every other challenge

#11 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:45 PM

LOL, welcome to the group section, where all the teamspeak reliant tryhards reside, looking for any way to increase EPEEN size. So yes, they will look for the "advantage" and farm it cause it makes them feel good.

When we have a normal solo only challenge, all those SUPER ELITEZ come to solo section, ruin the atmosphere, piss and moan and basically make solo section so bad I can't stomach playing it for the weekend.

Good riddance, I am glad we have a group challenge this weekend, it will keep all the try hards out of my pug matches. Listening to them nerdrage at my team because he YOLO'd off to ELITE some pugs to death and got roasted gets old fast.

#12 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:46 PM

View PostEldagore, on 05 September 2014 - 03:45 PM, said:

LOL, welcome to the group section, where all the teamspeak reliant tryhards reside, looking for any way to increase EPEEN size. So yes, they will look for the "advantage" and farm it cause it makes them feel good.

When we have a normal solo only challenge, all those SUPER ELITEZ come to solo section, ruin the atmosphere, piss and moan and basically make solo section so bad I can't stomach playing it for the weekend.

Good riddance, I am glad we have a group challenge this weekend, it will keep all the try hards out of my pug matches. Listening to them nerdrage at my team because he YOLO'd off to ELITE some pugs to death and got roasted gets old fast.

yea because every player who plays in a group is like that...
smh

#13 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:49 PM

Right...

The idea, I think, is that you will join a big 10/12 man group and then it will be an even playing field.

#14 QuackAttack

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:51 PM

Sandpit my friend give it up, It's the same QQ we just dealt with after the last challenge. I'm beginning to wonder if any of them have time to play with all the complaining on the forums.

Edited by QuackAttack, 05 September 2014 - 03:52 PM.

#15 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:51 PM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 05 September 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

The idea, I think, is that you will join a big 10/12 man group and then it will be an even playing field.

Except the challenge doesn't include 10mans... it's limited to 4 person groups.

#16 IsaAurinkoinen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 109 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:55 PM

Example, we Aseveljet had about ten groups dropping for challenge at the same time (not sync), so it would be miracle if we dont get same match/team occasionally. Happened 3 times to my group during whole evening.

Edited by IsaAurinkoinen, 05 September 2014 - 03:59 PM.

#17 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:55 PM

View PostDaoa Hakoke, on 05 September 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

I'm sorry but I don't really see how this would be an oversight. I play in the group queue almost exclusively and you always see this, large single group vs several smaller groups. Not to say its wrong or anything, I love the group queue. This weekend will probably be my units first time sync dropping sense the change in group sizes.

Nothing wrong with some groups not caring about the lance challenge, just like not everybody cares about the solo challenges.

Synch dropping...oh it's amusing, here we are again. And when it fails, your fat UnAwesome's butt is mine, buddy! ;)

#18 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:56 PM

Three words come to mind in this situation...

Posted Image

#19 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:59 PM

Right...

Reminds me of all those tourneys for MC that had people in the tournaments stuck in matches with people looking for top competitors and singling them out.

No different from then and now. Fair? Not really.

They should just make such things opt-in and put people against others that opt-in instead of a free for all.

#20 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:03 PM

View PostRyvucz, on 05 September 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

Reminds me of all those tourneys for MC that had people in the tournaments stuck in matches with people looking for top competitors and singling them out.

No different from then and now. Fair? Not really.

They should just make such things opt-in and put people against others that opt-in instead of a free for all.

YES, THIS!

AGREED.

THANK YOU. SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users