How Do I Choose My Clan/faction?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Aerekplus

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:25 PM

I prefer Clan mechs, preferably the Madcat, As combat I actually like Ballistic weapons better, but it comes and goes with the mech. Any good starter tips on where to figure out or what to read to figure out which clan/faction suits me best?

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:49 PM

It pretty much only really matters for CW. And for CW, the unit is more important. Check out the recruiting forums to see what's out there.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:46 PM

Terciel1976 is correct, however if you want to join a faction without being part of a unit (and I do advise against this but it is your decision) you can do so under the faction tab in game,

Also I strongly recommend you do not take a permanent contract.

#4 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:20 AM

View PostAerekplus, on 07 January 2015 - 09:25 PM, said:

I prefer Clan mechs, preferably the Madcat, As combat I actually like Ballistic weapons better, but it comes and goes with the mech. Any good starter tips on where to figure out or what to read to figure out which clan/faction suits me best?

For regular games it doesn't matter. You can just purchase whatever mechs you want, and use them.

In CW which is a more difficult mode, you are bound by whether or not you are with the IS or clans.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:39 AM

If you're the roleplaying sort, go to http://www.Sarna.net and read up on the four available Clans.
If you just want money -- which is very un-Clan-like of you, Smoke Jaguar has the big bucks because they need more players. (Jade Falcon is paying slightly more than the remaining two as well, but at the moment Ghost Bear and Wolf are the biggest ones with the most players; I think this is because of the four Clans invading, they are the Wardens. Wolf and Ghost Bear are taking over to protect the Inner Sphere from itself and other threats, merging the IS within themselves. Jade Falcon and Smoke Jaguar are here to conquer and control, ostracizing the IS as 7th-class denizens, bondsmen (essentially slaves), etc.)

Or if you want, just peek at these.

Clan Wolf: Warden.

Clan Jade Falcon: Crusader

Ghost Bear's doesn't really introduce their personality, just an awesome mech that we can't get.
Smoke Jaguar's only scenes tend to be of dying / losing, as the first clan to be wiped out by the Inner Sphere. So none introducing their views, either.

#6 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:31 PM

View PostKoniving, on 08 January 2015 - 05:39 AM, said:

So none introducing their views, either.

Rabid crusaders.

Part of why they were targeted by the IS specifically

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:24 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 08 January 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

Rabid crusaders.

Part of why they were targeted by the IS specifically

I think the use of nukes as a form of crowd control over riots probably had a lot to do with that.

It was either nukes or an orbital bombardment. Either/or, lots of people were pretty much slaughtered because... The people of the planet were wild animals!

#8 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:18 PM

View PostKoniving, on 08 January 2015 - 04:24 PM, said:

I think the use of nukes as a form of crowd control over riots probably had a lot to do with that.

Not to mention the fact that they were more open (and arrogant) than any of the other invader clans about their intent to conquer!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users