Posted Image

#22 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:46 AM

I would hardly call nearly 1200 damage with only 3 kills OP... I would call it poor marksmanship.

#23 Milocinia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAvalon City, New Avalon

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:05 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 12 January 2015 - 05:46 AM, said:

I would hardly call nearly 1200 damage with only 3 kills OP... I would call it poor marksmanship.

Call it what you like but when there's at least 2 mechs firing at the same target, what can you do?

#24 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:14 AM

View PostKyocera, on 12 January 2015 - 06:05 AM, said:

Call it what you like but when there's at least 2 mechs firing at the same target, what can you do?

Leg it or core it. I've seen a Wubshee rack up 1100 damage at 9 kills.... I just prefer being efficient with my damage. I would rather 250-500 damage and 2-5 kills, than 1200 damage and 3 kills.... Mind you I do know and understand that being efficient with damage and clan tech can be hard and hot, but it is doable.

#25 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:15 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 09 January 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

I would put the Hellbringer in T1, with a decent pilot at the sticks, and when I say decent, I mean understanding how to work with a team. As I find that the Hellbringer is a better force multiplier than full on combat unit. As I often drop with guys in CGBI, I am often running in ECM support for units like our Dire Wolves or Timber Wolves, making the team better, often at the expense of my personal performance, but that is putting the team first, the correct and important thing to do.

Solid Tier 2, certainly. Borderline Tier 1, but it's no TW. I think it's overall "issue" is it's far harder to find really solid builds that aren't blazing hot. Still, unlike the Summoner you got tons of options, and of course, ECM. I suppose the question comes down to what the TW really qualifies as. I would say the HBR is as good as any of the IS Tier 1s, but that really jsut further illustrates how out of whack the TW is, IMO.

#26 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:19 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 January 2015 - 07:15 AM, said:

Solid Tier 2, certainly. Borderline Tier 1, but it's no TW. I think it's overall "issue" is it's far harder to find really solid builds that aren't blazing hot. Still, unlike the Summoner you got tons of options, and of course, ECM. I suppose the question comes down to what the TW really qualifies as. I would say the HBR is as good as any of the IS Tier 1s, but that really jsut further illustrates how out of whack the TW is, IMO.

Well Bishop, the Timber Wolf, is well Timber Wolf tier, it has a reputation as a beastly unit, and for the most part she lives up to it. With a small turning speed and twist speed Nerf, say 5-10% I think she would be about right. But the Hellbringer really is T1 or T2 depending on the build you run with it.

#27 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:20 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 January 2015 - 07:15 AM, said:

I always said, HBR and MDD is where the clans balance mark should be, they feel corret.

what qualifies the TBR would be the multiweapon platform, the TBR is the jack of all trade,s JJ, yes not, missile boating, yes , laserboating, or mixing is all possible, even some ballistics. But for this it should not exceed other mechs as much as it does.
The rather stock variant is multimech, made for all ranges. Yet what we make out of it is an easy 2 go beast.

Edited by Lily from animove, 12 January 2015 - 07:28 AM.

#28 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:57 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 12 January 2015 - 07:19 AM, said:

Well Bishop, the Timber Wolf, is well Timber Wolf tier, it has a reputation as a beastly unit, and for the most part she lives up to it. With a small turning speed and twist speed Nerf, say 5-10% I think she would be about right. But the Hellbringer really is T1 or T2 depending on the build you run with it.

exactly, yet man you see how people scream at the thought of even a modest nerf like that?

"OMG WHY U NEED RUIN MY MECH!?!?!?!?!?"

SMH

#29 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:18 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 January 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

exactly, yet man you see how people scream at the thought of even a modest nerf like that?

"OMG WHY U NEED RUIN MY MECH!?!?!?!?!?"

SMH

Well that can be explained by people feeling entitled, safe behind the internet, they could just children playing at being a grown up or they are finding out that they really are not as good as they thought they were. The ability to adapt and overcome, that makes the difference between under-hive and decent. “Good” is a whole slew of other qualifications, that I know I do not have.

But for peole that think they are good, really should spend some time with a Locust or Dragon, and learn how to pilot before learning how to press the fire button.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users