#1 CanisDirusRex

• Pip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 15 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:07 PM

Worst Pugs Ever. How many times have I heard that and it usually comes from someone who does the least amount of damage, gets no kills, and only has a few assists. They say it then rage quit the match. Really if your going to say something like that in a match at least don't be a bottom feeder while saying it.

#2 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:14 PM

Agreed 100%

#3 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:20 PM

View PostCanisDirusRex, on 09 January 2015 - 05:07 PM, said:

Worst Pugs Ever. How many times have I heard that and it usually comes from someone who does the least amount of damage, gets no kills, and only has a few assists. They say it then rage quit the match. Really if your going to say something like that in a match at least don't be a bottom feeder while saying it.

Xd every freaking game the same,

Posted Image

Some people talk before thinking.

Edited by Lily from animove, 09 January 2015 - 05:37 PM.

#4 Summer

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSouthwest US

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:09 PM

Makes perfect sense from their point of view. When you are used to being carried every match and your team doesn't do anything for you, then they would be considered the worst ever. How else can you win otherwise? Surely not on your own merit.

#5 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:49 AM

You also have to see the other side of the matter.. I always fight to the last 'Mech, i hate people who ragequit and disconnect. However, how many times i have tried to lead pug attack drops, i tried to call for a push, i rushed alone and no one followed me? I wonder why my stats in those drops were so low..

On the other hand, in fewer drops, the pugs have listened to those who were trying to give some orders and indications and we won. Even in a drop where the orders were given in a slithly too much "democratic" way.. It was our last push on Omega, someone asked with gate to regroup at (in Sulphurous Rift) and half of the team replied "Alpha" and the other half "Omega" lol.

Edited by CyclonerM, 10 January 2015 - 04:51 AM.

#6 Flint N Steel

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:19 AM

CyclonerM is very correct. Stats at the end of a match don't necessarily mean anything. Unless you see the same pilot, match after match doing nothing, seeing poor stats in a match could be a result of any number of factors. They could be in a mech who isn't basic'd out and perhaps only played a match or 2 in so they don't understand it well. You turned the wrong corner and was instantly blasted to death. You are attempting to engage the enemy while your team sits and cowers behind a ridge line or hill afraid to get hit. Or you get picked to be focused down. Far too many reasons why someone could do poorly in a match, or even several matches.

I know I'm a decent pilot overall. Am I one of the top elites? No, I don't think so. I have had many games where I have gotten under 100 points of damage. Then again, I have had numerous matches that I have gotten over 1k damage. I have had games where I get zero kills with over 500 damage and games I have gotten 5 kills with less than 300 damage.

So don't think that stats mean a whole lot on a per game basis. I will say that it gets very frustrating when you lose 5 to 10 matches in a row in a pug group and the score is 0 to 4 kills for your team and 12 for theirs. Then you get the idiots who will say things like, "Well the only thing that's the same in all those losses is you're part of the team." As if you control all 12 mechs.

#7 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:29 AM

My opinion is that most of the insulters are egotistical Napoleon what a be who thinks that that their **** dont stick and they are the PUG god of internet video games.

I see a lot of these guys that do not offer any constructive advice or do not try to take charge, but expect the Pugs to automatically know what he wants them to do and that they will execute his plan. As soon as he dies, he jumps into chat and starts the insults.

There is almost always one of these guys in every match.

#8 Midian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 123 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:49 AM

A lot of the time I find it is people who can't own up to their own mistakes. The make an ass of things and then just blame everyone else. Sometimes I think they forget we are playing this for fun. They need to just chill a bit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users