Option To Keep Sound On When Alt-Tab'd Out

2 replies to this topic

#1 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:35 AM

Hey guys.

Way back in the day, I made a thread suggesting that MWO FORCED players to have sound running in the background when alt-tabbed out, as many players simply seemed to alt-tab out and screw around in Facebook or somesuch, leaving our team without our DDC or another key mech when we needed it. For whatever reason, players seemed upset by the notion that keeping the sound on could be a forced mechanic - I really don't get why they would when faced with so many AFKs in this game, but the point remains.

Instead, I'd like to see the OPTION to keep the sound on for MWO while alt-tabbed out. Especially since I moved abroad, dropping in a match can take nearly five minutes to start from the time I click the "Launch" button. It comes as no surprise that I would be alt-tabbed out doing something else rather than glaring at the spinning match search logo. If the sound can be heard even while alt-tabbed out, I could at the very least hear the startup sequence for my mech, and get back into the game ASAP.

And for those people for whom keeping the sound off when they alt tab out is important to, they would be able to keep things that way, as well.

Yea? Nay? It's not a huge effect on Gameplay itself, but the unavoidably long wait times really seem to justify having something like this embedded into the client.

#2 unwary

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:40 PM

^This

#3 Dougalfus

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2 posts