Playing In Solo Queue Makes Me Feel Dirty

63 replies to this topic

#61 terrycloth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 769 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:41 PM

I've seen very few stomps lately. They do still happen but it's usually because one team accidentally their tactics.

For example, we send two lances to theta on Terra Therma and take it quickly, but instead of moving on to flank the guys harassing Epsilon I pause to fire some LRMs at an enemy mech that popped up across the caldera, and three other mechs stop with me, and OH LOOK it's really half the enemy team but for some reason we keep fighting, and by the time we're sure we want to run away the other half has eaten the guys at epsilon and then eaten the half-assed flank and flanked us. 2-12 stomp.

#62 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:50 PM

Playing solo Q makes you feel dirty? Playing this game makes me feel rage...where are the good players at and why are they never on my side?

Posted Image

Just OMG.....I dealt most damage in that game...how damn sad....and to think we were actually winning that 6-3 until I died, then as my death screen cleared, we were suddenly losing 6-7......how the hell does that happen? Sure, I suppose you could say I could play better...but really? What would 200 more damage do? This **** is seriously getting old, it hasnt mattered if I do ok, or ****, ive been on the losing side for now like 90 of my just over 100 games, its getting really goddamn old.....

Where are the good players? even grouping up hasnt helped a bit....its just loss, loss, loss....seriously...im almost 2 seconds from up and deleting everything from this game just as I did with PLanetside 2 when it decided to get overly ********...

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 12 January 2015 - 05:56 PM.

#63 Sahoj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:36 PM

Pug-landia is in an interesting place regarding light mechs right now.

Since there are few light mechs per match more players are taking load-outs to kill big mechs (and weapons that are less effective versus lights).

This has a double win for light pilots in that their targets are probably dealing with higher priority threats -and- they're not geared to front-load damage on tiny, fast-moving limbs.

#64 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:47 PM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 12 January 2015 - 04:35 AM, said:

I agree too about starting a thread like this. Well, he will get a rude awakening when he shifts ELO.

this....this is my world right now for the most part. I feel like I'm in that weird ELO range where am I up against better players and it is tough sometimes because I am at the ceiling of my skills. Still trying to get better by trying to aim and target better. its like that realm where META builds are starting to almost be a necessity.

Also..someone stated the whole leave the assaults behind...I hate this. Have being left behind and getting cut off or engaged and you are toast. I make it a point mostly anymore if I am in a fast mech (say 90+) that I will go directly to the assault lance at the map start and I will sacrifice myself to let them get away if need be. You need the damage tanks.

solo queue most of the time, the win comes from the team that doesn't just run to the camp site and stand there the whole round and/or the team that doesn't split

Edited by Bigbacon, 12 January 2015 - 07:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users