So I Bought A Mech And I Cannot Use It In Cw?

15 replies to this topic

#1 Endarius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:39 PM

Is there literature somewhere that informs people new to CW they cannot purchase a clan mech and then use it if they are a member of an IS faction? I just grinded for over 11 million cbills so that I could finally purchase the timberwolf I wanted since closed beta, and now it appears I cannot even use it in CW, the supposedly biggest and best new feature? What if I had purchased it with hard currency? Is this seriously the way things were intended to work? Not only is clan tech imbalanced, but now even when I save my sheckles to get some for myself I cannot use it? PGI, at least make it blatantly transparent to people when they choose a faction that they will be unable to use all of the things they have aquired in game. I have never made a post of this nature in this forum, but I'm basically feeling betrayed at the moment. Somewhat ripped off too. I have searched the forums as well as tried search engines and I cannot find literature to support what I have experienced.

#2 norus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 222 posts
  • LocationN.A.

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:51 PM

Er, I kinda hate to say it but how didn't you notice that picking a faction locks out the other faction in CW? There are at least 4 trial clan mechs and it's pretty noticeable that you can't use them when you make your CW dropdeck.

#3 MarineTech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:53 PM

Yes, there's a wealth of information on CW in the Command Chair area of the forum. I would suggest you read the posts concerning Community Warfare Phase 2.

The relevant post on mech selection would be this one.

http://mwomercs.com/...update-sept-24/

#4 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:55 PM

It seemed pretty obvious from the start that we couldn't use clan mechs as IS in CW. It sucks, but that's how it is.

#5 Endarius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:00 PM

View PostMarineTech, on 11 January 2015 - 12:53 PM, said:

Yes, there's a wealth of information on CW in the Command Chair area of the forum. I would suggest you read the posts concerning Community Warfare Phase 2.

The relevant post on mech selection would be this one.

http://mwomercs.com/...update-sept-24/

Thanks for the link. I did actually read that. In september. I was sure it had to be somewhere, but I kinda feel like it was fine print. There really should be an in-game notification.

#6 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:00 PM

You should have known that all the information about the game is found in various forum posts instead of, you know, actually in the game where you'd expect it to be. So if you want to know how the game works, just start reading through old patch notes, listening to NGNG podcasts and basically devote a few extra hours to research. You may even find some tutorials on YouTube, if you're lucky.

<sigh>

But in all seriousness, just e-mail support and tell them what happened. They'll most likely be able to help you out. It's not much, but at least you won't have to grind all those C-bills again.

#7 Endarius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:05 PM

View Postnorus, on 11 January 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

Er, I kinda hate to say it but how didn't you notice that picking a faction locks out the other faction in CW? There are at least 4 trial clan mechs and it's pretty noticeable that you can't use them when you make your CW dropdeck.

I honestly had more than enough IS mechs to fill out a drop-bay, so I didn't think to look. It was plenty obvious other factions were locked out, but what was not obvious to me (because I owned no clan mechs at the time) was that if I purchased a clan mech I would be unable to use it in the dropship mode. I feel this would be especially confusing for newer players. Once I had a clan mech in my inventory it was patently obvious what was going on, it just would have been nice if the in-game window provided even slightly more textual information before I chose a faction and cockblocked myself. I also understand that this is a beta test of the CW feature, but unlike back in the real beta test, where we knew the next patch we could redistribute our funds again, I have no similar option. Seems kinda unfair.

#8 norus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 222 posts
  • LocationN.A.

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:08 PM

I guess i can see someone with a billion mechs not noticing it as easily but for newer players it's extremely noticeable when something like 1/3 of the mech list disappears. It would be good for PGI to include something about it when choosing a faction though.

#9 Endarius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:09 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 11 January 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

You should have known that all the information about the game is found in various forum posts instead of, you know, actually in the game where you'd expect it to be. So if you want to know how the game works, just start reading through old patch notes, listening to NGNG podcasts and basically devote a few extra hours to research. You may even find some tutorials on YouTube, if you're lucky.

<sigh>

But in all seriousness, just e-mail support and tell them what happened. They'll most likely be able to help you out. It's not much, but at least you won't have to grind all those C-bills again.

You sir, understand my point. I knew I couldn't be the only one who was a little dismayed at the disorganized state of game info. I suppose I could ***** to support trying to get something, even though I do understand the mistake was at least partially mine. But I kinda felt this thread should be made just in case a mod was watching. I appreciate the work PGI puts into this game, and that they are very busy, but I sometimes feel it's the little details, like adding a few helpful and fuckup preventing tooltips that are overlooked.

#10 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:26 PM

Maybe someday PGI will actually try to inform players instead of counting on others to do it. This place is worse than the worst law library I have ever been in by far. Maybe close to the Baghdad Library after the invasion.

Oh, I forgot. You need Reddit and Twitter too. Lots of info there you cant find here.

#11 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

Sadly, this is a common thread throughout MWO. It's no wonder nobody understands how crits work, the CW queues, ghost heat, Elo and matchmaking, etc. The answers all exist, but they require more than light forum research. The answers to any given questionnaire nearly inevitably spread throughout multiple forum threads, each typically not titled in a useful manner.

People occasionally write great guides and such, but they are quickly lost to the depths of the forum, not even easy to find via searching... And that's when you know what you're looking for.

#12 Carcass23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 327 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:42 PM

It is difficult to tell that clan mechs are used in a clan faction. IS mechs are used in IS factions. We need to nerf something.

#13 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:50 PM

I can't believe it didn't dawn on the OP to even ask the question. Just the idea of mix-match equipment for any Faction based war should have raised the question in his head.

It's hard to feel sorry for him...even harder to even entertain the placing of fault on PGI.

#14 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:56 PM

View PostEndarius, on 11 January 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

I just grinded for over 11 million cbills so that I could finally purchase the timberwolf I wanted since closed beta, and now it appears I cannot even use it in CW, the supposedly biggest and best new feature?

If you want to play Clan mechs then join a Clan faction. That's pretty much a no brainer that is self explanatory.

#15 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:17 PM

While I understand the basis of clan war I still think we should be able to pick 2 factions so I can use my IS mechs for davion and my clan mechs for wolf.

#16 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:34 PM

View PostXetelian, on 11 January 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

While I understand the basis of clan war I still think we should be able to pick 2 factions so I can use my IS mechs for davion and my clan mechs for wolf.

That does not make any sense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users