Does This Sound Familiar?

5 replies to this topic

#1 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:00 PM

A long while ago I actually played "WarZ", which now is known as "Infestation; Survivor Stories".

It was buggy, lots of promises were made and never came to fruition, the forums were "sanitized" by zealous moderators, and the game was (is?) plagued by hackers. After enjoying the game, the hacking really killed it off for my group and we moved on.

This isn't exactly like MWO, I think they are now doing a much better job with the game and forums and hacking has never been as extensive as Infestations rampant abuse.

The similarity that my topic is about is the following link;

http://forums.infest...lopment-update/

Now, That sounds familiar.............

On another note, I think that Sonys H1Z1 will finally bury Infestation once and for all.

Edited by TLBFestus, 11 January 2015 - 02:03 PM.

#2 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:29 PM

PGI has handled balance a little poorly, but many other things have been handled well. Lately they've really gotten their act together. ISS started with a good concept but kinda stayed broken and never really expanded.

#3 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 11:09 PM

Reading the link it's like someone is publishing a guide for wayward Developers.....

#4 Carcass23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:10 AM

Does this sound familiar? No but if you hum a few bars..

#5 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:00 PM

Publishers absolutely destroy games. Because their ultimate plan is to get in bed with a dev team, get their goodies and then bail, they have an inherent view of any game they are involved with as "wham, bam,thank you ma'am" relationships. They will always sale the dev project short to secure their return on then release investment. They'll never consider the long term ramifications of their actions because...well, you can't turn a ***** into a housewife...screw the dev projects long term viability, the pubs just want to get theirs. They can't see past the next quarter, so they certainly ain't concerned with the dev project's well being 12 months from now.

I don't understand why such an unhealthy paradigm persists...it's like the same doomed bar encounter and one-night stand over and over...and no one in the industry seems to want better for themselves. Promising games keep performing the walk of death with their panties balled up in their purse, lipstick smeared and smelling of vomit and shame. Publishers keep clamoring for new conquests, throwing away their promise and wondering why they are constantly struggling to stay in the black each quarter. They paying $50 for dinner and drinks only to get a $55 lay.

#6 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:10 PM

i passionately feel about this.

I'm astonished they can get money, system works.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users