Weapons

21 replies to this topic

#21 zortesh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 624 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:30 AM

Meaningless unless we know if it measure hitrace by total % of missiles that land, or total % of volleys that land.

Ie if landing 1 missiles out of 15 counts as a hit for that launcher firing then it can be easily explained by the streaming effect of clan missiles, Ie is missiles are a all or nothing blob if you miss you totally miss, but clan lrms stream in, meaning you more likely to get partial hits.

#22 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:37 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 12 January 2015 - 12:09 AM, said:

Did you use a JJing mech that goes 89kph for evey IS LRM match? Are all those matches done within this same time period> as in this past couple months?

If not then those are more reasons we have to dismiss any conclusion you might want to draw from those stats. Also sample size is fubar but apparently we arent supoosed to see it, it being 25 and not 5 is still broken fyi.

Half the LRMs were used by JJ capable 89 kph IS mechs--the Shadow Hawks. They were done 3 months ago.

View Postzortesh, on 12 January 2015 - 12:30 AM, said:

Meaningless unless we know if it measure hitrace by total % of missiles that land, or total % of volleys that land.

Ie if landing 1 missiles out of 15 counts as a hit for that launcher firing then it can be easily explained by the streaming effect of clan missiles, Ie is missiles are a all or nothing blob if you miss you totally miss, but clan lrms stream in, meaning you more likely to get partial hits.

It counts only individual missile hits, because if landing 1 missile out of 5/10/15/20 counts as a hit for that entire launcher, then my "numbers hit" stat should ALWAYS be divided by 5. That is clearly not the case.

It does not count volley hits because as I explained, there is no way I can fire 23,310 volleys in 26 matches. It is entirely possible however, to fire 23,310 individual missiles in 26 matches.

Simple math, my friend.

Edited by El Bandito, 12 January 2015 - 12:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users