Map Selection? Intel?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:27 PM

im sure that this has been brought up a million times but im going to bring it up again cause it seesm absolutely crazy to me....

for CW anyway is MWO trying to tell us that any sane military commander would put on a blindfold and say ok drop my unit on a battlefield of which i have ZERO intel on? Why is it that we do not have the ability to know the specific map we are attacking or defending on and enough time (say 2-3mins?) to adjust drop dec accordingly?

i can live with random map selection for the PUG que's, but not for CW and especially as CW progresses and we get more and more maps each team should be able to put mechs on the battlefield that suit the battlefield IE: hot/cold, open/cluttered, big/small whatever

#2 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:37 PM

View PostSummon3r, on 11 January 2015 - 05:27 PM, said:

im sure that this has been brought up a million times but im going to bring it up again cause it seesm absolutely crazy to me....

for CW anyway is MWO trying to tell us that any sane military commander would put on a blindfold and say ok drop my unit on a battlefield of which i have ZERO intel on? Why is it that we do not have the ability to know the specific map we are attacking or defending on and enough time (say 2-3mins?) to adjust drop dec accordingly?

i can live with random map selection for the PUG que's, but not for CW and especially as CW progresses and we get more and more maps each team should be able to put mechs on the battlefield that suit the battlefield IE: hot/cold, open/cluttered, big/small whatever

Maybe your commander is trying to tell something to your unit.
You just need to join the dots.

#3 orcrist86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:45 PM

Intel will be available in the future but here how you can tell what your getting.

When the sword or shield icon appears telling you what part of the planet your in count from the left. Odd numbered parcels are snow, even are caustic type.

#4 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:19 PM

View Postorcrist86, on 11 January 2015 - 05:45 PM, said:

Intel will be available in the future but here how you can tell what your getting.

When the sword or shield icon appears telling you what part of the planet your in count from the left. Odd numbered parcels are snow, even are caustic type.

Wow that's actually hugely important to know and I wish that was common info. Thanks!

#5 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:24 PM

Yep, it is predictable which you get in CW. For now.

A number of units all figured it out about the same time, just after they did the patch with the update to 15 segments for each planet.

Edited by DarthPeanut, 11 January 2015 - 06:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users