34 replies to this topic

#21 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:11 AM

Didnt PGI always release this kind of data late?

#22 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:15 PM

View PostEscef, on 12 January 2015 - 09:51 AM, said:

February 15th, I think you meant. Anyway, yeah, that is a Sunday, no idea what they were thinking. Maybe the 17th, that's a Tuesday, bring 'em out on a patch day?

EDIT: Just tweeted Russ on this, we'll see if he has anything to say.

Russ says the 15th is wrong, and we'll probably see it on the 17th.

https://twitter.com/...697777436172289

#23 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:23 PM

If you are looking for the hardpoints, they are posted on the Resistance page.
Just scroll 3/4 down the page to "Mech Specs"

#24 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:25 PM

View PostAethon, on 12 January 2015 - 07:54 AM, said:

The 6S will not need any fancy quirks, IMHO, as long as it is capable of mounting an AC/20.

Enforcer can mount 2 UAC/5 so the tonnage is there, HOWEVER... Unless the lower arm actuator has been removed, the arm will only have 9 crit slots (12 total with 1 each taken up by the Shoulder, Upper Arm Actuator, and Lower Arm Actuator), 1 short of mounting the AC/20. It will be able to mount a Gauss Rifle though if that's any consolation.

Other than throwing on Endo and Double Heatsinks (and FF if there's room) the Enforcer looks like it would be amazingly adept in its stock form for MWO.

Edited by MauttyKoray, 12 January 2015 - 12:27 PM.

#25 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:08 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 12 January 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:

If you are looking for the hardpoints, they are posted on the Resistance page.
Just scroll 3/4 down the page to "Mech Specs"

I already know the hardpoints; I was asking if anyone knew when Smurfy's Mechlab might have the more specific data (missile tubes, arm actuators, quirks, etc. I was not sure when that sort of data is added to the publicly available game files, etc.

In other words, I am being impatient, because Zeus. :ph34r:

#26 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:18 PM

View PostAethon, on 12 January 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

I already know the hardpoints; I was asking if anyone knew when Smurfy's Mechlab might have the more specific data (missile tubes, arm actuators, quirks, etc. I was not sure when that sort of data is added to the publicly available game files, etc.

In other words, I am being impatient, because Zeus. :ph34r:

Tubes should be dynamic (as with all new mechs) and actuators should be accurate to record sheets (including SSW if you want an easy program to use).

The only mech that hasn't followed the record sheets is the King Crab, due to lack of crit splitting they just removed the LAAs and hands. Unlikely to do that with the Zeus, since it doesn't mount an AC20.

#27 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:38 PM

Wait until the Super Bowl before these things leak out.

Oh wait, Russ Bullock is not Roger Goodell?

How's about Soon™?

#28 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:52 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 12 January 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

Tubes should be dynamic (as with all new mechs) and actuators should be accurate to record sheets (including SSW if you want an easy program to use).

The only mech that hasn't followed the record sheets is the King Crab, due to lack of crit splitting they just removed the LAAs and hands. Unlikely to do that with the Zeus, since it doesn't mount an AC20.

Tubes are not always dynamic. There is always a max number of tubes on the different mounting points of a mech. Such as the Hunchback 4SP being able to mount 2 LRM 10s and having 10 tubes on each shoulder, however LRM 15 and 20 only allow 10 tubes as well. Meaning you will have 2 volleys release every time you use them.

#29 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:59 PM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 12 January 2015 - 01:52 PM, said:

Tubes are not always dynamic. There is always a max number of tubes on the different mounting points of a mech. Such as the Hunchback 4SP being able to mount 2 LRM 10s and having 10 tubes on each shoulder, however LRM 15 and 20 only allow 10 tubes as well. Meaning you will have 2 volleys release every time you use them.

TBH, I have not understood the impact from doing that, as I'm not aware of threads exposing what occurs in that situation.

It's not like the LRM20 would magically become great in a Hunchback-4J or 4SP.

#30 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:05 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 12 January 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

I already have such a program, but I will wait and hope PGI rips the lower left arm actuator out, for the sake of allowing it to be better balanced against its competitors. This is actually giving me second thoughts about this mech; I have plenty of laservomit/missile spam mechs already (hell, half the Clan omnis have no other viable setup), and was hoping for a fun, flexible AC/20 platform.

#31 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:11 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 12 January 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

TBH, I have not understood the impact from doing that, as I'm not aware of threads exposing what occurs in that situation.

It's not like the LRM20 would magically become great in a Hunchback-4J or 4SP.

Well, by chain firing the 20's you're able to basically create 4 LRM 10 streams, grouped as 10's which mean they're not as spread as a single LRM 20 salvo. It also splits the heat between the volleys giving a brief moment in which your heat degenerates slightly before letting loose the next volley. However the cooldown does not begin until after that second volley and it extends the window for ghost heat to follow the second volley instead of the first as is with a launcher that has an appropriately matched number of tubes.

In conclusion you'd be able to fire an increased number of missiles (taking into account the extended cooldown of LRM 20 over 10 and the cooldown not occurring until after the 2nd volley) in the same time period but at the cost of the extra tonnage per launcher which more than likely means reduced ammo reserves. Its a trade off that gains high damage bursts over longevity.

View PostAethon, on 12 January 2015 - 02:05 PM, said:

I already have such a program, but I will wait and hope PGI rips the lower left arm actuator out, for the sake of allowing it to be better balanced against its competitors. This is actually giving me second thoughts about this mech; I have plenty of laservomit/missile spam mechs already (hell, half the Clan omnis have no other viable setup), and was hoping for a fun, flexible AC/20 platform.

Indeed, I am hoping the Enforcer at least has the capability to run an AC20 (optional LAA like the clan mechs maybe?) to bring a second IS Medium able to reasonably carry one. I'm most excited to run the Enforcer and Vindicator duo with someone however as I believe they'll compliment one another very well.

#32 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:20 PM

Oops, I meant to say Clan LRMs. IS LRMs is pretty clear on how that works.

Besides, 2 LRM10s are better than an LRM20 in spread alone.

LRM20s launching from a 10 tube launcher will still KEEP the LRM20 spread while they are shot two times from the 10 tube launcher (with a slight delay in between).

There was a "behavior" that it used the tube count to determine spread, but that was fixed at some point.

Edited by Deathlike, 12 January 2015 - 02:22 PM.

#33 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:23 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 12 January 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

Oops, I meant to say Clan LRMs. IS LRMs is pretty clear on how that works.

Besides, 2 LRM10s are better than an LRM20 in spread alone.

LRM20s launching from a 10 tube launcher will still KEEP the LRM20 spread while they are shot two times from the 10 tube launcher (with a slight delay in between).

There was a "behavior" that it used the tube count to determine spread, but that was fixed at some point.

Putting LRM20s in the Awesome 9M's 2 tube....is hilarious.

Half of them miss the Commando outright, streaming out in pairs.
Unless something's changed since the last time I played with that.

Edited by Mcgral18, 12 January 2015 - 02:23 PM.

#34 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:58 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 12 January 2015 - 02:23 PM, said:

Putting LRM20s in the Awesome 9M's 2 tube....is hilarious.

Half of them miss the Commando outright, streaming out in pairs.
Unless something's changed since the last time I played with that.

I saw a pair LRM20s fired from an X5. Seriously, a Cicada.

People wonder why we can't have nice things...

#35 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:24 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 12 January 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

I saw a pair LRM20s fired from an X5. Seriously, a Cicada.

People wonder why we can't have nice things...

Back in the days or Lurmageddon I saw Raven 3l with lrm20... In the narc tube!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users