Ballistics Ammo/ton Balancing And Wasted Half Tons

No replies to this topic

#1 MauttyKoray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:00 AM

So I've noticed that the Ammo/Ton on ballistics is crudely done in a poor uniform format (following Battletechs rules) and leaves many half-tons a joke due to lost ammunition for already gimped weapon in the uniformity. Most ACs in the IS balance out to 150 damage per ton of ammo, however there are some imbalances and some just plain jokes. This does also add ghost heat in to prevent stupidity boating while keeping the weapons within effective use (deal with the ghost heat if you want to fire more).

Suggestions
-Machine Gun (No Ghost Heat Limit) (Overall damage retained but a small bump to make them actually useful without having to boat them to stupid amounts)
Original - 0.08 Damage/Shot | 2000 Ammo/Ton | 160 Damage/Ton
Suggested - 0.1 Damage/Shot | 1600 Ammo/Ton | 160 Damage/Ton

-AC/2 (Ghost Heat Limit 4)
Original - 75 Ammo/Ton | 150 Damage/Ton
Suggested - 80 Ammo/Ton | 160 Damage/Ton

-AC/5 (Ghost Heat Limit 3)
Original - 30 Ammo/Ton | 150 Damage/Ton
No change suggested

-UAC/5 (Ghost Heat Limit 3)
Original - 30 Ammo/Ton | 150 Damage/Ton
Suggested - 28 Ammo/Ton | 140 Damage/Ton

-AC/10 (Ghost Heat Limit 2)
Original - 15 Ammo/Ton | 150 Damage/Ton
Suggested - 14 Ammo/Ton | 140 Damage/Ton

LB 10-X AC (Ghost Heat Limit 2)
Original - 15 Ammo/Ton | 150 Damage/Ton
Suggested - 14 Ammo/Ton | 140 Damage/Ton

-AC/20 (Ghost Heat Limit 2)
Original - 7 Ammo/Ton | 150 Damage/Ton
Suggested - 8 Ammo/Ton | 160 Damage/Ton
(Behind this one is the thought that more often than not the mech will die or lose its AC20(s) prior to expending all of its ammunition, however this will alleviate the smaller mechs like the Hunchback from having to scrape tonnage from every corner in order to hold enough just to make it through 3/4 of a match without running out. Mind you also, this seems like a large bump compared to the reductions above but realistically its only a couple shots over a few tons adding up to maybe 3-4 extra shots on most builds that are already in use.)

Gauss Rifle (No Ghost Heat, Charge Mechanic in Place)
Original - 10 Ammo/Ton | 150 Damage/Ton
No Change Suggested

I'm not practiced enough with the Clan Ballistics to make accurate judgements on them for Ammo/Ton so I'll either need time for those (as they use multiple shots/salvo and thus the ammo/ton cannot be adjusted as easily) to become accustomed with them to suggest changes, or hopefully others can suggest them in my place.

I do however have to say that I believe Clan Ballistics (specifically the (U)ACs) should be returned to the correct firing mechanism like the IS have as they do the SAME damage, with a LONGER cooldown and have the added negative of that damage being spread between multiple shots per salvo. This makes clan ballistics actually FAR inferior to their IS counterparts in my opinion and can be seen unless they are boated. This would also fix the overwhelming capabilities of the Direwolf and Timberwolf boats that cause the insane rock that is the real issue.

(Those who want to complain about the weapons being lighter can go away, as mechs of the same tonnage/role compared result in IS having a higher available tonnage and crit space compared to Clan mechs, it balances out.)

Suggested Boating Fix for Clan Ballistics with corrected firing mechanic (return to IS ballistic mechanic, instead of derp Clan mechanic)

C-AC and C-UAC linked for Ghost Heat (If the C-AC and C-LB-X AC firing mode switch is ever implemented the ghost heat should be either split, or reworked so that ghost heat only applies when firing C-UAC and the C-AC in slug mode.)
-Ghost Heat Limit 4
C-AC/2
C-UAC/2

C-LB2-X AC

-Ghost Heat Limit 3
C-AC/5
C-UAC/5

C-LB5-X AC

-Ghost Heat Limit 2
C-AC/10
C-UAC/10

C-LB10-X AC

-Ghost Heat Limit 1
C-AC/20
C-UAC/20

C-LB20-X AC

Other Clan Change
-Clan Machine Gun (Same as IS) (No Ghost Heat Limit) (Overall damage retained but a small bump to make them actually useful without having to boat them to stupid amounts)
Original - 0.08 Damage/Shot | 2000 Ammo/Ton | 160 Damage/Ton
Suggested - 0.1 Damage/Shot | 1600 Ammo/Ton | 160 Damage/Ton

Edited by MauttyKoray, 12 January 2015 - 09:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users