Earn More Cbills With Your Own Mech?

17 replies to this topic

#1 Aerekplus

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:48 AM

Jus twondering if you get more CB bills with your own mech or if trials and your own mech are the same earnings, and if possible is there a list to see what gives you cbills for what?

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:49 AM

View PostAerekplus, on 12 January 2015 - 11:48 AM, said:

Jus twondering if you get more CB bills with your own mech or if trials and your own mech are the same earnings, and if possible is there a list to see what gives you cbills for what?

Trials earn the same CB and XP as standard versions. Heroes, F, P, I, G and R (presumably) variants earn 30% add'l CB and Champions (when owned, not as trials) and Sarah's Jenner earn 30% more XP.

#3 Madcap72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 752 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:34 PM

Yup, Hero and Champion mechs earn more cbills than a standard version.

BUT...

Owning your own standard version mech will make more c-bills than the trial version because you can customize it.

For instance, with the old trial Catapult A1, I would make maybe 50K c-bills a game. With my owned Catapult A1 (just a standard version) with all sorts of upgrades and improvments, I can make between 150K, and have make 300K c-bills with premium time (which I didn't pay for, it was won from a weekend challenge).

#4 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:45 PM

yah the only reason a owned mech may earn more then a trile of the same model is the fact you can change its load out to fit your play style rather then the other way around

#5 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:48 PM

View PostMadcap72, on 12 January 2015 - 02:34 PM, said:

Yup, Hero and Champion mechs earn more cbills than a standard version.

BUT...

Owning your own standard version mech will make more c-bills than the trial version because you can customize it.

For instance, with the old trial Catapult A1, I would make maybe 50K c-bills a game. With my owned Catapult A1 (just a standard version) with all sorts of upgrades and improvments, I can make between 150K, and have make 300K c-bills with premium time (which I didn't pay for, it was won from a weekend challenge).

Good observation. Just a small correction: Champions earn extra XP, not CB.

#6 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:51 PM

Yeah, if you are making a clan alt, just run the trial ryoken till you can afford your own.

#7 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:28 PM

View PostAerekplus, on 12 January 2015 - 11:48 AM, said:

In general, you should consider Trial mechs to be a better-than-nothing option. They are not optimized and will almost always perform badly compared to a custom build.

Unless you own a Champion/Hero mech, you will not earn more CBills directly. But you will earn more indirectly because you will perform better. Even ignoring the fact that a custom mech will almost certainly fit your playstyle better, you will be able to add stuff like Double Heat sinks (which are a defacto requirement to be competitive that most trial mechs won't have).

You main goal when playing trial mechs is to build the cash you need to not have to use trial mechs anymore.

#8 Ares Librae

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:03 PM

I dunno I've been stuck in a trial crow. I have bought all three shadow hawks with the Cadet bonus. Now grinding the last double heat sink upgrade for the 3rd hawk. However now I need to get a XL for one of the hawks. 75k a match is the best I've gotten from a loss. Really takes any motivation out of the game.

#9 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:34 AM

75k from a loss isn't terrible. XLs do cost a lot. One of the shadowhawks comes with an XL275 so you can use that to swap into the other two if that is close enough to the engine you want. Otherwise, it will take awhile to earn it. Equipment can be really expensive early on, but once you've bought a few mechs and weapons, you should have a sufficient inventory that you won't have to buy everything everytime you modify your mech. And once you get to the point where you have 30 medium lasers, you can start selling some. XL engines continue to be expensive for everyone though.

#10 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:46 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 13 January 2015 - 01:34 AM, said:

XL engines continue to be expensive for everyone though.

Truth. I've got 4 XL300's and still need a 5th. I've got 2 XL275's and I could still use 4 more (!!). :lol:

#11 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:00 AM

Early on there are a LOT of people who swap out engines and modules. Yeah, it's a pain, but if you don't have the cash there's really nothing for it. The grind just takes time. Although if you were really, really silly you could buy mechs with MC and then sell them for C-bills. That's about the only way to make some quick c-bills. Although, you might want to take a TAG in the mechs you're grinding. It lowers the overall heat and is a great way to make some extra c-bills at the cost of one energy slot and one ton.

#12 Ares Librae

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:27 AM

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Yeah I figure the trial crow has been the best one for me personally. I'll stick with it til I min max the others.

#13 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:30 AM

View PostAres Librae, on 13 January 2015 - 08:27 AM, said:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Yeah I figure the trial crow has been the best one for me personally. I'll stick with it til I min max the others.

The trial SCR is a solid build. One of the best trials the game has ever seen, IMO.

#14 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:18 AM

The trials arent bad, they are the Champion variety so fully kitted out with the expensive stuff, endo, heatsinks, XL engines for the lights.
When you buy your own its going to be inferior for a while until more credits pumped into it.

It makes sense to trial in the model you intend to buy, it still gathers XP you just cant spend it until you buy one.
The non (C) of the same model number still shares the same XP as (C) does.
That way when you buy the non (C) you will unlock all the basics straight away and have a much better mech.

For lights, buying the Champion or Hero with MC (real $) can be good value. $15 and you can score a decent speed XL in that to swap with its grinded credit brothers.

#15 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:08 AM

View Postjoelmuzz, on 13 January 2015 - 09:18 AM, said:

The trials arent bad, they are the Champion variety so fully kitted out with the expensive stuff, endo, heatsinks, XL engines for the lights.
When you buy your own its going to be inferior for a while until more credits pumped into it.

It makes sense to trial in the model you intend to buy, it still gathers XP you just cant spend it until you buy one.
The non (C) of the same model number still shares the same XP as (C) does.
That way when you buy the non (C) you will unlock all the basics straight away and have a much better mech.

For lights, buying the Champion or Hero with MC (real $) can be good value. $15 and you can score a decent speed XL in that to swap with its grinded credit brothers.

There's no requirement to drive a mech before it's upgraded. I never do (and never have).

#16 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:06 PM

View PostSnagaDance, on 13 January 2015 - 01:46 AM, said:

Truth. I've got 4 XL300's and still need a 5th. I've got 2 XL275's and I could still use 4 more (!!). :lol:

Hope you mean get 4 more XL 280s. Identical weight to XL 275, but slightly faster. I.e., there is never a reason to deliberately buy an XL 275.

#17 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:13 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 13 January 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

Hope you mean get 4 more XL 280s. Identical weight to XL 275, but slightly faster. I.e., there is never a reason to deliberately buy an XL 275.

except to put in a Mech for which the 275 is the maximum engine e.g. the RVN 2x and 4x

#18 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:22 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 13 January 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

View PostRogue Jedi, on 13 January 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

except to put in a Mech for which the 275 is the maximum engine e.g. the RVN 2x and 4x

Rogue Jedi got it. :)

What can I say? I just really like Centurions. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users