Customizing Dropship

19 replies to this topic

#1 Keto Tautomeron

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:25 PM

Hi There!

I'm a newb (dl'ed the game about 2 weeks ago). I've bought 2 mechs and want to use them in the Faction warfare, but when I go to edit my dropship there are only the Trial 'Mechs available. How do I get my purchased 'Mechs into my dropship queue? I joined the jade falcon faction if that makes any difference.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:24 PM

You can only use Clan mechs as a Clan pilot. Ibassume the mechs you bought where inner sphere mechs? You'd need to change to an Inner Sphere faction to use them if that's the case.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:57 AM

As a Clan Pilot (your forum badge say you are a member of Clan Jade Falcon) you can only use Clan Mechs, here is a list of current Clan Mechs:
Dire Wolf
War Hawk
Gargoyle
Timber Wolf
Summoner
Helbringer
Mad Dog
Stormcrow
Nova
Ice Ferit
Puma
Kit Fox
Mist Lynx.

if the Mechs you own are not on that list then to use them in Community Warfare you need to change faction to one of the great Houses (Davion, Kurita, Liao, Marek or Steiner) or the Free Raselhage Republic

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 12 January 2015 - 05:52 AM.

#4 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:16 AM

View PostKeto Tautomeron, on 11 January 2015 - 09:25 PM, said:

Hi There!

I'm a newb (dl'ed the game about 2 weeks ago). I've bought 2 mechs and want to use them in the Faction warfare, but when I go to edit my dropship there are only the Trial 'Mechs available. How do I get my purchased 'Mechs into my dropship queue? I joined the jade falcon faction if that makes any difference.

Also, as a warning. You really shouldn't jump into Faction warfare unless you have 4 mechs, preferably fully mastered. Using Trial mechs is difficult in regular matches, and downright crippling Community Warfare (CW) matches. I would also recommend getting Teamspeak3. It's a free program for VOIP communication, and is used by almost every faction, unit, and group in the game.

Also, are you familiar with the lore behind the game? If so, you can skip the spoiler section, if not, give it a read:

Spoiler

This means there are 2 factions (Inner Sphere, and Clans), with several sub factions (The Houses, and the respective clans).

In regular queues, you can play any mech you want. While in Faction warfare you can only play your FACTION'S mechs, not just your subfaction's, but your faction's mechs.

So clan pilots, can use clan mechs. While, Inner Sphere pilots can use any Inner Sphere mech produced by any of the Houses.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 12 January 2015 - 03:19 AM.

#5 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:22 AM

Ehhh, I'm still using two of four trials in CW. It's not as bad as people say, but not as good as I'd like. Frigging clan mechs taking forever to afford, especially with the sale on IS mechs I want...

#6 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:39 AM

View PostTim East, on 12 January 2015 - 05:22 AM, said:

Ehhh, I'm still using two of four trials in CW. It's not as bad as people say, but not as good as I'd like. Frigging clan mechs taking forever to afford, especially with the sale on IS mechs I want...

The trial crow can hold its own. The others however...

#7 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:28 AM

View PostSaxie, on 12 January 2015 - 05:39 AM, said:

The trial crow can hold its own. The others however...

Yeah, I'm rocking the two 'Crows I own plus the trial T-wolf and 'Crow.

#8 Keto Tautomeron

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:30 PM

Nice! thanks for the info. I definitely bought Inner Sphere mechs so that kinda sucks...but oh well. I'll have to see if any are affordable now that I've spent all my c-bills on things I can't use.

#9 Eldamar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 102 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPleasant Valley, NY

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:34 PM

I was using 4 trials in CW when I first came in, and had no issues as long as you understand what each can and can not do

#10 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:37 AM

Why don't you play the regular matches first? Earn some for future use.

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:11 AM

View PostKeto Tautomeron, on 12 January 2015 - 08:30 PM, said:

Nice! thanks for the info. I definitely bought Inner Sphere mechs so that kinda sucks...but oh well. I'll have to see if any are affordable now that I've spent all my c-bills on things I can't use.

View Postdragnier1, on 14 January 2015 - 03:37 AM, said:

Why don't you play the regular matches first? Earn some for future use.

This. You can use any mechs on regular matches. But to maintain some sort of lore-based decency, you can only use the mechs generically associated with Clans for Clans and Inner Sphere for Inner Sphere.

Think of it like Battlefield. Russians get Russian stuff. US gets American stuff. China gets Chinese stuff. Germans get German stuff. Etc.

Except in the current version of the faction warfare, it is probably more accurate to say "West gets West stuff" and "East gets East stuff." So you have Russians using Chinese gear (Wolf using Jade Falcon mechs) as well as their own. And you have the US using Canadian, Cuban and South American equipment (Liao using Davion, Marik, Steiner, etc., etc., etc.) as well as their own.

Shrug your shoulders and enjoy. Any time you see a Cataphract or Raven on the field that isn't piloted by Liao (Capellan Confederation) or Davion pilots (whose faction stole the units and some factories associated with their production), let 'em know to enjoy it while they can. :P Supplies are limited and they are borrowing it. (Actually I doubt anything will change, but if R&R ever returns and faction specific factories kick into play, I won't feel sorry for them.)

Of course in that same vain... if that thing ever does come into play, Liao (the faction I'm in) will have to steal factories to produce assault mechs to avoid repairing at a premium. It'll make things interesting. Difficult too. But as I said I'm not expecting the notion to come into fruition.

Edited by Koniving, 14 January 2015 - 05:12 AM.

#12 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:50 AM

View PostKoniving, on 14 January 2015 - 05:11 AM, said:

it is probably more accurate to say "West gets West stuff" and "East gets East stuff." So you have Russians using Chinese gear (Wolf using Jade Falcon mechs) as well as their own. And you have the US using Canadian, Cuban and South American equipment (Liao using Davion, Marik, Steiner, etc., etc., etc.) as well as their own.

Dude Cuba is part of the old soviet bloc, they are east not west.

#13 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:00 AM

View PostHlynkaCG, on 14 January 2015 - 05:50 AM, said:

Dude Cuba is part of the old soviet bloc, they are east not west.

Slight issue there. Regardless of "whose" side they are on, they are on the West side of the map.

It's used to represent Kurita. Very opposed to Steiner and Davion. Yet Kurita is using Steiner and Davion mechs, and Steiner/Davion are using Kurita mechs.

They wouldn't have real access to, or any desire to use even if they did, each other's mechs.

Doesn't matter whose side they are on -- they are in the Inner Sphere, and thus, have Inner Sphere access. Hence the Cuban/US equipment use. Cuba has access foreign Russian equipment. US wouldn't use it realistically, but it's on the West side of the map and therefore for some reason about 50% of US troops are using Cuban guns. That's the "logical fallacy" I'm trying to point out with that analogy.

And don't get me started on Marik-specific units being on every single side before Mariks began selling their stuff (say what you well about Lyran wealth, the Mariks have always had the best finances and technology because they didn't lose it; look at the superiority of every "M" model of every Mech. M for Marik. Enjoy.).

Edited by Koniving, 14 January 2015 - 06:09 AM.

#14 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:06 AM

View PostKoniving, on 14 January 2015 - 06:00 AM, said:

Slight issue there. Regardless of "whose" side they are on, they are on the West side of the map.

Then why didn't you have the Russians in your example using German or Japanese gear?

Edited by HlynkaCG, 14 January 2015 - 06:06 AM.

#15 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:09 PM

View PostKoniving, on 14 January 2015 - 05:11 AM, said:

This. You can use any mechs on regular matches. But to maintain some sort of lore-based decency, you can only use the mechs generically associated with Clans for Clans and Inner Sphere for Inner Sphere.

Think of it like Battlefield. Russians get Russian stuff. US gets American stuff. China gets Chinese stuff. Germans get German stuff. Etc.

Except in the current version of the faction warfare, it is probably more accurate to say "West gets West stuff" and "East gets East stuff." So you have Russians using Chinese gear (Wolf using Jade Falcon mechs) as well as their own. And you have the US using Canadian, Cuban and South American equipment (Liao using Davion, Marik, Steiner, etc., etc., etc.) as well as their own.

Shrug your shoulders and enjoy. Any time you see a Cataphract or Raven on the field that isn't piloted by Liao (Capellan Confederation) or Davion pilots (whose faction stole the units and some factories associated with their production), let 'em know to enjoy it while they can. :P Supplies are limited and they are borrowing it. (Actually I doubt anything will change, but if R&R ever returns and faction specific factories kick into play, I won't feel sorry for them.)

Of course in that same vain... if that thing ever does come into play, Liao (the faction I'm in) will have to steal factories to produce assault mechs to avoid repairing at a premium. It'll make things interesting. Difficult too. But as I said I'm not expecting the notion to come into fruition.

The Clans really should have some non-Omnimech choices available, as second-line units canonically used old mechs until they were so worn that they simply couldn't be repaired any longer. Several variants of the Locust, for instance, would have been absconded with during Kerensky's exodus. Unfortunately not my beloved 3M though, since it was a FWL design produced only super-recently, in 3050.

Something something freeborn something outdated equipment something something complete.

#16 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:17 PM

View PostTim East, on 14 January 2015 - 01:09 PM, said:

The Clans really should have some non-Omnimech choices available,

They have standard battlemechs that come in later. Orion IIC, Hunchback IIC, etc. Standard battlemechs, interchangeable engines, etc. It'll be interesting to see them.

Just a bit of time before they come in.

View PostHlynkaCG, on 14 January 2015 - 06:06 AM, said:

Then why didn't you have the Russians in your example using German or Japanese gear?

East using East. It isn't quite as out of place -- most of Europe uses Russian gear, including Germans. And actually, Japanese equipment is currently in service in many countries including the US so that wouldn't stand out as much either.

#17 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:21 PM

View PostTim East, on 14 January 2015 - 01:09 PM, said:

The Clans really should have some non-Omnimech choices available, as second-line units canonically used old mechs until they were so worn that they simply couldn't be repaired any longer. Several variants of the Locust, for instance, would have been absconded with during Kerensky's exodus. Unfortunately not my beloved 3M though, since it was a FWL design produced only super-recently, in 3050.

Something something freeborn something outdated equipment something something complete.

PGi did mention that second line mechs will be in the game much later, and IIC variants may not see play anytime soon.

#18 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:23 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 14 January 2015 - 01:21 PM, said:

PGi did mention that second line mechs will be in the game much later, and IIC variants may not see play anytime soon.

Makes me sad. I really want the Locust IIC. Also the Firemoth. I'd really like the Firemoth, even if it is a proper omnimech.

#19 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:46 PM

View PostTim East, on 14 January 2015 - 01:23 PM, said:

Makes me sad. I really want the Locust IIC. Also the Firemoth. I'd really like the Firemoth, even if it is a proper omnimech.

They have been struggling with getting MASC to work. The Flea has been on the bench for over a year now, waiting for a MASC implementation done right. Also, they need to fix hitreg since lights will be almost impossible to render, let alone hit (A Locust with MASC can clock in at 300+ Kph, and people are already complaining even though it's only going 169)

#20 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:56 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 14 January 2015 - 01:46 PM, said:

They have been struggling with getting MASC to work. The Flea has been on the bench for over a year now, waiting for a MASC implementation done right. Also, they need to fix hitreg since lights will be almost impossible to render, let alone hit (A Locust with MASC can clock in at 300+ Kph, and people are already complaining even though it's only going 169)

Yeah, I know. Heck, one of the Locusts gets TSM way before my 3M gets made. I bet they haven't even looked at coding TSM even though it's a very good alternative to MASC and something the IS genuinely has that the clans do not. Heh, can you imagine the heat management tricks people would start to employ just to take advantage of the enhanced movement speed? We don't even have melee damage proper, and it'd still totally be worth it, I think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users