24 replies to this topic

#21 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:47 AM

was going to make a post, but it was very very long and shouldn't be it's own tutorial of both pugging team success and minor groups verse big group

In short and TL;Dr form it's...

Focus fire on the same enemy as your team mate is going for. multiple mechs firing on 1 mech makes that mech die faster and gives you a numerical advantage. however do not ignore the firestarter or X mech behind your back firing at you non stop.

Acting together with your team would help, if 1 lance goes 1 way and the other lance goes the other way there will be a hard way to win when the situation is 4 versus 12 in the first 5 minutes, and then it's a 4 to 8 verus 12 (this is half the 12-0 games)

If your team wants to defend an area then do it with the team instead of pushing with you and your friend into a 2 versus 12 situation. This will give your team a 10 versus 12 situation which is a disadvantage.

Same with you wanting to go stay put while the team pushes. 10 verus 12 due to 2 no shows for battle will result in a later 2 versus 12-ish.

You can co operate with your team mates. and having a large enemy team doesn't mean automatic lose, there are chances they are not talking about combat or effectively on the comms and also the possibility that they are not even on comms or all together.

I have beaten 12 versus 1x12 games in CW before (12 man team verus 12 pugs) and I have won a few other games like that in my smaller groups veruss 10 to 12 man groups on normal matches.

it isn't impossible but trying to get the glory kill or making mistakes do stack.

Sadly there is nothing to do with the skill gap. sometimes it's you with a high elo and your group team mate being a noob that forces you guys to a higher elo match.

OR someone else on your team.

#22 Flaming oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:11 PM

Sync dropping in the solo queue isn't allowed your knowingly abusing the system for something it wasn't intended for.

Hope that's not what you meant. If it was should probably read the ToS

#23 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:14 PM

View PostFlaming oblivion, on 14 January 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

Sync dropping in the solo queue isn't allowed your knowingly abusing the system for something it wasn't intended for.

Hope that's not what you meant. If it was should probably read the ToS

No official stance from PGI has been taken.

Find me the CoC/ToS rule that forbids it.

Edited by Kjudoon, 14 January 2015 - 01:14 PM.

#24 wOOt99

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:38 PM

What makes you think this is a balanced game?

#25 GMAK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMontréal

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:11 PM

View PostAerekplus, on 12 January 2015 - 04:23 PM, said:

I decided to play with a friend and we always get clans, neither of us are skilled. But at least in Pug matches we are ok. But when we decide to have fun together, we end up not having fun because we fight huge clans, and our team isn't a huge clan. So is the match making system broken?

Like I have stated in the past and like this problem is the same with the whole system of xbox and other games, party is for sure unfair and unbalanced. The option should be given to play with people that play with party and I would turn it on because I don't really mind if they play in team and because I like the idea of players playing in team instead of new age lonewolf all the time. But is it the point of the society to make things fair right now? I think this proove that NO.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users