#1 BlackPhoenix01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,459 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNJ/NY

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:37 PM

I'm sure the Devs have already thought of this and have a direction they are moving as we speak but I didn't see this anywhere and thought I would put it out there.

It looks like we want to move to a 3 cycle-a-day system. This is so we can include the 3 major regions of the world represented in this game. The challenge seems to be how to get each regions actions to matter without speeding up the CW map three-fold or making totally separate servers altogether.

My Idea: A best out of three system using the 3 cease-fire cycle.

At the end of each regions' prime-time, the planet would take a tick/strike/what-have-you on whoever won for the time period. When the cease fire is over, it moves on to the next region's time to either secure the planet with a second win, or fight back and cause it to move onto a third tie-breaking round of contest where the next region will fight after the second cease fire. In the event of a 1-1, the third breaks the tie and decides the planet's final fate. If a faction wins twice in a two over two cease fires in the day, the planet is won by that faction.

EXAMPLE
-DAY 1-
-Planet 'Alpha' is being fought over between Davion and Marik. Planet 'Zulu' is being fought over between Marik and Liao.
-Phase 1 of the day occurs for Oceanic players. Davion takes a win on 'Alpha' [1-0]. Marik takes a win on 'Zulu.'[1-0] /Cease fire 1.
-Phase 2 of the day begins for Euro players. Davion secures a second win on 'Alpha' [2-0]. Liao wins the second phase on 'Zulu' [1-1]. Davion wins planet 'Alpha' due to the two wins in a row and as a result, planet 'Bravo' appears next on the Dav/Marik boarder for phase 3. /Cease fire 2.
-Phase 3 of the day begins for US players. Marik wins the first battle on 'Bravo' [0-1]. Marik wins the tie-breaking third battle on 'Zulu' [2-1]. As a result, Planet 'X-Ray' appears on the Marik/Liao boarder for phase one of day two. /Cease fire 3.
-DAY 2-
-Phase 1 begins for Oceanic players. Davion wins on 'Bravo' [1-1]. Liao wins on planet 'X-Ray.'[0-1].
...etc.

This would let each time region have an active part in what happens on the map and also take the power away from any one time region from ruling the map. This also gets each region to work together and not fight separately from each other as if they weren't attached at all. The map wouldn't change drastically 3 times a day too. It would be impossible for any faction to take more than 1 planet at a time per day but also allows for forward momentum for the next region coming on. Every region gets their shot at some point to make the final blow to completely win a planet.

I think it is a win for all involved.

Thoughts?

Edited by BlackPhoenix01, 12 January 2015 - 05:38 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users