Can We Get Some Automated Chat Alerts For The Hud And Map ?

3 replies to this topic

#1 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:54 AM

Can our HUDs show an icon over the head or next to the mech that just enter a message in chat? It would make for easier identification and locating of the player...and at times provide some context to the message.
Could that mech also have something to have him stand out on the map in the case we don't have visual line of sight with them?

Could we also have simple symbols that appear over head and in place of the mech's standard map icon? So if a player ends a chat message with an "!" or " ?", that symbol pops up over or next that mech and briefly appears as the mech's map icon.

If three or more friendly mechs die in short order within the same area, could we please get some kind of automated caution flag icon to drop on the map at that location for about 15sec?

If someone scouts 4 or more mechs in the same area in short order, could we please get a large enemy mech icon auto dropped on the map for that location?...not on the mechs, just the location...it could as be as simple as flashing a red overlay on the map grid.

The goal here is to provide some basic communication cues in place of the lack of comms, especially in PuG matches. Something help grab player's attention in the heat of battle since there is no commanding voice in his ear to do it.

#2 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:56 AM

I would be very happy if there was a way to communicate the presence of multiple enemy Mechs without having to mash the "R" button like a spastic...

#3 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:57 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 13 January 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:

I would be very happy if there was a way to communicate the presence of multiple enemy Mechs without having to mash the "R" button like a spastic...

An "R"-tard, if you will?

#4 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:59 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 13 January 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:

What's worse, when you stumble upon them and have to quickly duck for cover, all those spastic "R" as take cover is for nothing, because the icons fall off the map almost instantly. At least my proposal would create some type of alert that persists for awhile.

Edited by CocoaJin, 13 January 2015 - 11:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users