State Of Ghost Heat In General

20 replies to this topic

#21 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostBloody Moon, on 13 January 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

I acknowledged that high alphas are problematic way back when they first proposed the Ghost Heat mechanism.

The solution what i supported (while the original idea was not mine) was to have a static relatively low heat threshold compared to the dynamic we've had.

I don't know what the original numbers were, but here is an example.

Basicly at the time and as far as i know this is still the case the heat a mech can tolerate is dependent on the amount of heatsinks it has, if you have only engine heatsinks then firing a Large Laser will give a 7% heat increase initially, on the other hand if you have more this percentage will be much lower.

In case we take away the heatsinks ability to expand this heat scale and give it a sufficiently low number as default heat scale (for example 40) a mech cannot fire a too many weapons without overheating and cooking itself especially not 6 or so ERPPCs.

Obviously to avoid making the game much slower all heatsinks should have the engine heatsinks cooling ability meaning it should be 2.0 too instead of 1.4.

This method is much clearer than the Ghost Heat and it would also limit my Timber Wolf's 61 damage beam of death.

So i'm sorry, but you can't play the "you don't know any better" card here!

Amen to this 1000x over.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users