Is It Me..or Have Cbills Gone Down?

79 replies to this topic

#21 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:18 PM

View PostRorvik, on 13 January 2015 - 08:14 PM, said:

I see people say this a lot. What is it?

A Red Herring...pay the grumpies no mind.

Edited by CocoaJin, 13 January 2015 - 08:18 PM.

#22 Rorvik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 230 posts
  • LocationYYZ

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:51 PM

View PostTechorse, on 13 January 2015 - 08:18 PM, said:

Apparently Paul thought "we made too much", which has made people upset, as this roughly translates as "You didn't have to buy enough stuff".

Uh, don't you mean "You didn't have enough stuff to buy"? :huh:

#23 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:52 PM

View PostRorvik, on 13 January 2015 - 08:51 PM, said:

Uh, don't you mean "You didn't have enough stuff to buy"? :huh:

I fixed it. I meant "You didn't buy enough stuff" (namely, Premium Time and Heros)

#24 Rorvik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 230 posts
  • LocationYYZ

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:00 PM

View PostTechorse, on 13 January 2015 - 08:52 PM, said:

I fixed it. I meant "You didn't buy enough stuff" (namely, Premium Time and Heros)

But I have four Heroes (YLW, Flame, Sparky, Blue), the Guardian Phoenix pack, and have spent money on Premium Time numerous times, as well as patterns and paints. The grind WITH Heroes and Premium Time is pretty bad, to be honest. PGI seems to be conflating the verb "encourage" with "frustrate". :(

#25 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:02 PM

View PostColdPsyker1, on 13 January 2015 - 08:02 PM, said:

Welcome to the #Paulconomy

Posted Image

#26 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:02 PM

My c-bills have gone up. This was a drop in my Myst Lynx yesterday.

Posted Image

Edited by Zolaz, 13 January 2015 - 09:07 PM.

#27 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:03 PM

I typically don't feel like i'm getting enough unless I'm on premium time in a mech with a 30% cbill bonus. I've had some low kill games barely earn 100k and then some 6 kill games I didn't even break 200k.

Best money is and has always been from high damage and solo kills which totally goes against the purpose of the cbill changes which were supposed to reward team play....

Woooo 120cbills for staying close to my lance....

I have no idea how a new player could possibly get into this game without gambling like 50$ on a mastery pack. There's no way the average new player is averaging more than 50k a game.

Edited by Sug, 13 January 2015 - 09:04 PM.

#28 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:07 PM

Some of us just aren't good enough to make cbills so we deserve the shaft.

#29 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:08 PM

I am getting a lot of good solid damage games and eeking out just over 100k c-bills. New players will run from this when they see the grind. This economy is WAAAY too stingy end game content or not, when you look at the vast number of 3million + cbill modules needed to arm up with a good dropship, not to mention upgrade(ferro, endo, artemis) costs on top of the mech costs. PGI, your killing your game by squeezing us too much on c-bill rewards. I am fine with the exp grind.

#30 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:19 PM

My average earnings have gone up by 5k, even though i stopped using my heromechs.

#31 Rorvik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 230 posts
  • LocationYYZ

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:57 PM

View PostMechsniper, on 13 January 2015 - 10:08 PM, said:

I am getting a lot of good solid damage games and eeking out just over 100k c-bills. New players will run from this when they see the grind. This economy is WAAAY too stingy end game content or not, when you look at the vast number of 3million + cbill modules needed to arm up with a good dropship

And this is the second reason why I don't play CW (the first reason being the queue times). I don't have the money right now for the modules, as I'm still leveling the Mech variants, and the fact that they cost waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much compared to how much you make.

#32 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:28 AM

MWO is a F2P game where you can play it for free... but it's not going to be fun grinding out 3 TBRs. If after a couple weeks of playing around and you don't want to invest it's probably best to quit unless it's really fun or you plan to invest $ sometime soon. The fresh account blues are harsh and you need at least 100mil cbills to get a decent set of mechs ready for CW. That way when they complain about grind they were warned that while it is F2P... you might want to sink money in the game if you are actualy going to play the thing.

And when I say invest I don't mean micro transactions, I mean 55$ a la cart TBR set so you get 3 mechs and a hero cbill earner..

Edited by Ghogiel, 14 January 2015 - 03:29 AM.

#33 MechWarrior9376871

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:36 AM

For me C-Bills have gone down. It is probably true for most players, though some playstyles are probably coming out ahead with the changes in rewards.

#34 StraferX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:07 AM

Don't be the light pilot on conquest dashing around keeping the captures up, jabbing a few shots here and there while scurrying to the next cap. you wont get much in c-bills even though you caused the team to win.

#35 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:17 AM

View PostStraferX, on 14 January 2015 - 04:07 AM, said:

Don't be the light pilot on conquest dashing around keeping the captures up, jabbing a few shots here and there while scurrying to the next cap. you wont get much in c-bills even though you caused the team to win.

Most conquest games go to kills, so capping is genuinely not as helpful as some think. General rule is> "small map, no cap" because it will go to kills Also don't even bother with gamma on alpine.

#36 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:25 AM

View PostStraferX, on 14 January 2015 - 04:07 AM, said:

Indeed. I find it frustrating that the game rewards you more for ignoring the game mode, and instead treating every mode as skirmish. I fight the urge now to cap unless our team has won the fight simply because I know I won't earn anything, even with premium time and a hero bonus.

However, I have found my income to be mostly improved when taking into account the difference between premium time and heroes, and playing without them. The losses are far worse, but the wins barely result in a slight evening out in a positive direction.

I have found that "flanking" and "hit and run" rewards help me pad my income, while most damage dealt and solo kill bonuses help me hugely. Too often have people jumped in at the last moment to steal my kills. Now I at least seem to be rewarded for doing the heavy lifting. Despite running pinpoint damage builds and usually being the top damage dealer out of both teams, I find it difficult to seal the deal when someone next to me holds their shots until I have nearly killed my target. As long as I get the cash however, they are welcome to their petty steals.

However, for the average player I feel c-bills are indeed down. Outliers such as myself probably throw off the average so it appears to not be as bad as it may actually be to Russ and the crew. I hope more consideration is given to "everyone else" as I indeed agree that new players are getting the shaft when they need the most help.

Edited by Greenjulius, 14 January 2015 - 04:32 AM.

#37 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,953 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:30 AM

Cbills for a loss is painfully short on rewards.

Even pulling a 2 kill 700 damage round in a loss can be as low as 50,000 cbills.
Thats barely enough to pay for any used consumable..

And yeah, gotta win win win, but in order to win, alot of people have to lose lose lose, and that gets frustrating being on the losing end, especially when you get the shaft bigtime in Cbills even though you yourself did really well.

Edited by Mister D, 14 January 2015 - 04:42 AM.

#38 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:33 AM

Premium time? meh....if im going to spend $$ on a F2P game, id rather it be on cosmetic items, or unlocks, or other new mechs, maybe some of the pack deals like the clan packs and stuff. Did plenty of that in Planetside 2 and EQ1.

Premium time would be more...worth it.. if we could turn it on and off at will, use it when we use it and hold it when we dont. Also, it seems when I am on premium, I make no more then normal anyway. Premium never seems to be worth it to me.

#39 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:40 AM

View PostMister D, on 14 January 2015 - 04:30 AM, said:

Cbills for a loss is painfully short on rewards.

Even pulling a 2 kill 700 damage round in a loss can be as low as 50,000 cbills.
Thats barely enough to pay for any used consumable..

And yeah, gotta win win win, but in order to win, alot of people have to lose lose lose, and that gets frustrating being on the losing end, especially when you get the shaft bigtime in Cbillseven though you yourself did really well.

I wish everyone would just decide to stop using Artillery and Air Strike. It would make matches much more interesting not having to worry about getting the red cloud dropped behind you constantly. I am not against UAVs however, as they encourage teamwork. There are matches where on my own however, I have shot down 5 or more UAVs all on my own. I find it astonishing how overused they are in the group queue.

Of course, Joe Tryhard has no problem dumping cash in order to pad his stats and pick up the occasional cheap kill. It is an arms race with these guys, turning the game into a vicious cycle of consumable use just to keep up.

It makes me smile whenever someone pops a UAV only to have it shot down in seconds, or completely miss an air/artillery strike. Even more so when they lose the round, and all the cash they could have saved if they just refused to bring such a p2w crutch.

Edited by Greenjulius, 14 January 2015 - 04:42 AM.

#40 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:42 AM

View PostZolaz, on 13 January 2015 - 09:02 PM, said:

My c-bills have gone up. This was a drop in my Myst Lynx yesterday.

Posted Image

Lol, you did all that only with a premium and C Mech bonuses. Base was 279K, that is how a game half that good should be paying. You shoulda been seeing like 300-400K base then boosted....

Straight damage should get a boost in cbills and xp again...

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 14 January 2015 - 04:43 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users