6 replies to this topic

#1 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:20 PM

What's up with hit registration lately? I know that this is a very old topic, but I just unloaded 5 AC20 shots and the equivalent of 15 SRM 4s point blank into a stationary Raven. Someone else got the kill.

I've never seen it this bad. Did something change?

#2 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:23 PM

View PostPodex, on 13 January 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

stationary Raven

Was the Raven a disco or a never-connected? Word on the streets is that Mechs like that can have hit reg issues.

#3 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:24 PM

Idk, might explain the seemingly useless CERPPC....In TG, shots seem to register about fine, it takes me 15 shots to kill the Atlas, 150 armor, 94 for the outer armor, and I guess 66 for the internal.

But get in a normal game I fire and fire and fire into CT and nothing seems to happen.

#4 Rokuzachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:27 PM

The last few days have given me a theory. The majority of the time, a mech is not actually where you see it on the screen, including yourself.

What has lead me to this; hiding behind a rock, I witnessed enemy lasers striking the edge of the rock trying to hit me. I remained stationary. They did this repeatedly and were dealing damage to not only my arm, but a side torso, but a single beam never passed the corner of the rock.

Second thing: I was chasing a light around a building in Crimson. He rounded the corner and went out of LoS on my screen. My trigger finger was slow, and I fired anyways. The AC20 shot hit the building in front of me, solidly. I couldn't even see the guy any more. The light died, CT destroyed through the back by my shot and I received kill credit.

My theory is that nothing is where it actually appears on your screen with any amount of exactness. Everyone's game looks different in regards to what is happening. You may think you're hiding, and that those weapons hitting terrain near you are missing, but on the enemy's screen, they can see you and are hitting you.

Please upgrade your servers for the love of god.

#5 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:42 PM

It's pretty jacked. Everything on my end registered as a hit, and from what I could tell, damage was calculated in my final score (600+ and spent a LOT of time on that raven). He just wouldn't die. I really wish it was recorded because it was one of those moments where you start questioning your very existence.

View PostDomenoth, on 13 January 2015 - 04:23 PM, said:

Was the Raven a disco or a never-connected? Word on the streets is that Mechs like that can have hit reg issues.

Maybe he rage quited while I was hitting him. He was capping and started backing up while I laid into him. It looked like he overheated against a wall, but twitched a bit after a couple of AC20s, so he had to be there for some of it.

#6 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:20 PM

If a mech remains stationary through multiple salvos then that should be an obvious clue to there being larger connection issues at play...but you certainly shouldn't think it's your lucky day.

Edited by CocoaJin, 13 January 2015 - 11:38 PM.

#7 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:30 PM

View PostCocoaJin, on 13 January 2015 - 05:20 PM, said:

If a mech remains stationary through multiple salvos then that should be an obvious clue to there bring larger connection issues at play...but you certainly shouldn't think it's your lucky day.

I was hoping :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users