Please Pgi, Use All The Maps And All The Modes In Cw

4 replies to this topic

#1 Will HellFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:46 AM

Just assign the first, last and middle zones of the planet as bases for invasion mode. The 4 areas between bases are assigned to skirmish, assault and conquest. Use all the maps you have.

If its a "hot" planet, use mostly Caustic, Tourmaline Therma and Sulfur, with maybe a bit of River or Crimson. If its a "cold" planet, use Frozen, Alpine, Borealis and Snow Colony, with the a bit of temperate maps there. If its a "temperate" planet use River, Crimson, Canyon, Colony and a third Invasion temperate map.

Have an assault just next to the invasions and skirmish and conquest between them. Make planet atackers drop first on a base, and have them attack adjacent zones from the zone they control. Counterattacks only on adjacent zones the defenders control.

The modes for the 11 zones would look like this:

Base-Assault-Skirmish-Conquest-Assault-Base-Assault-Conquest-Skirmish-Assault-Base

This is just a suggestion, things could be done interesting in oh so many other ways, but the fact is: Using all the maps and modes is only common sense, and using all the resources that it took years for you to create, so you can concentrate on creating content for the _Community_ aspects of CW.

I just cant understand the Invasion-only mentality for CW that seems to have infected PGI's brains. It absolutely makes no sense, people gets bored of CW fast and do not play it, making the whole experience for those who want to play painful (empty drops, long waiting times).

I think (beta or not) PGI should realize this CW is the LAST CHANCE thousands of players are giving to them to make a fun game. So many people dissapointed who left the game, now they come back for the oh-so-anticipated CW and find a half cooked mode with 2 maps, repetitive, unbalanced and with no consequence at all.

Most of this (repetition, unbalanced) could be solved just by adding the rest of maps and modes to CW. You have the backend to this in an afternoon (as per some dev thread explaining how the backend for CW works).

Edited by Will HellFire, 15 January 2015 - 02:13 AM.

#2 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:52 AM

The problem with most maps are they are either far too small or far too open. Only very few maps could actually be used for CW (I can only think of HPG and maybe the bog[after a hefty rework]).

Spawncamping on the large CW maps is already a grounds for users to complain... adding even smaller maps without any gates and narrow canyons to offer a slowdown for each team is begging for this to get exponentially worse.

#3 Will HellFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:11 AM

If you ake Dropships powerful enough, spawn camping would be actually detrimental to the team trying it. You could make the Dropships more powerful the smaller the map is.

#4 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:12 AM

There are a few solutions but several maps need to be expanded significantly (Forest colony, River City, primarily). And, you can work with hot drop zones: just create several spawn points and choose a point where there are not that many enemy mechs by a player in the drop queue. Not sure if either solution is enough though.

But I hear that new maps and new CW game modes are being implemented. A few larger maps where roaming and scouting actually make sense (Alpine size or more) would be nice.

And I'd like itmes depending on the status of the attack/defense of the planet planet. Once you have over 50% of the planet attackers bring in heavier drop ships for larger drop decks or somesuch... some areas require smaller dropdecks... The last area(s) of the planet being attacked or being defended is some capital or a large dropship (MW4 style) to be destroyed. Say once you have 50% of the planet from an attack you do to large dropship mode but once it is destroyed when the last part of the planet is taken the attack is done (no cease fire required). Anything really...

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 15 January 2015 - 02:14 AM.

#5 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:04 AM

I had a similar idea.

View PostRustyBolts, on 13 January 2015 - 03:48 AM, said:

Not a mod, but I started this thread to discuss CW not IGP, Transverse etc.. If someone wants to discuss those items, show some courtesy by going somewhere else.

@Lord Aurel, I agree that CW needs more strategic options that are more complex. I am hoping that PGI does this by making planets matter other than "Oh Boy! My units name is on Butte Hold!".

But before that need to make the matches more challenging and varied. They could in take the current maps and modes and add them to CW.

Phase 1. Scout mode(current skirmish) Restrict this to lights and mediums. They land on a planet and find the enemy and kill them. Until you win Phase 1 you cannot proceed to phase 2.

Phase 2. Raid mode(Current conquest) restricted to lights, mediums and heavies. Land on the planet and attack key objectives such as ammo dumps, communication centers etc...Once you win phase 2 phase 3 opens.

Phase 3 planetary assault(current assault mode) Open to all mechs. Conquer the headquarters and planetary defenses.

Phase 4. Defend from a counter attack. (Current skirmish mode) Open to all mechs. Only objective is to kill all mechs.

Accomplish all phases in 24 hours and the planet is yours.
You can take the same token system and use it. Once a token hits 100% the next phase opens. This will give purpose to fighting all day instead of the last 2 hours.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users