4 replies to this topic

#1 Fat Mark

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:12 AM

CW ..
I run IS meds and lights with scouting as a designated role ... so all is good out in normal play I get good scores and things feel about right, but in CW I am getting my arse handed to me ... I cant seem to get near Clanners their weapons all out reach mine even with buffs I seem unable to "hide" ... My only real advantage, speed is negated by the game play in CW . . . Any tips, game play styles that work against clanners would be welcome.
Many thanks .... Fat Mark

#2 levitas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 264 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:22 AM

IS lights are a priority target in CW due to the potential for extremely aggressive rushes. If you don't want to draw aggro, stick closer to the team and use a mech that's threatening/fragile ratio isn't so high.

#3 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:11 AM

Not sure if you team up much mark, but think of your lights/fast mediums as either 'dive bombers' or 'light cavelry'. Wait till the engagement begins, then flank and swoop through the battle firing at targets. Come out the other side and either disappear, or dive back through again. Try to never take on a target by yourself! Hope that helps!

#4 Apocryph0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 325 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:48 AM

I hope you are not implying that you use 4 medium and light mechs in your dropdeck then. Everyone else brings up to 3 Heavies. Lights are not really workhorses in CW, there is little to no need to scout (just 2 - 3 possible attack routes per map) and heavies have probably the best weight/Firepower/Tank ratio out there.
Besides generator rushes you are almost always better up taking a proper facemelting machine with you, Lights just can't brawl it out vs 12 heavy/assault mechs.

And yeah, it is no wonder you get toasted when 12 Timbers concentrate-fire on you. Same goes for TBolts tho, no clan Mech survives getting prioritized by IS Mechs either, it's all about cooridnation of your firepower, really.

Edited by Apocryph0n, 12 January 2015 - 12:49 AM.

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,665 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:58 AM

You have not really told us what you are doing during CW. There is "scouting" then there is scouting. And if the mech is not ECM carrying if going to the extreme then you are only asking to be taken out.

What mechs are you bringing?

What are you doing when on defense?

What are you doing when on attack/counter-attack?

Are your matches primarily vs clans or a mix of clan and innersphere borders?

I have seen lights/med bring in some decent scores but ultimately there are different types of play and approaches, and each will depend on whether you are defending or attacking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users