• The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:17 AM

View PostLord Letto, on 19 December 2014 - 06:21 PM, said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($63.98 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($26.75 @ OutletPC)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver Ceramique 2 Tri-Linear 25g Thermal Paste ($4.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus H81M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($44.49 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.85 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 2GB Video Card ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Raidmax Atlas ATX-295WB ATX Mid Tower Case ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($24.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($13.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $495.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-19 21:20 EST-0500

This was from a few months ago, when you guys were helping me with getting a new computer, then later for my cousin(God that was stressful). Shout out to those that helped me out(God you guys were so helpful!) Now the quote above (Thanks Lord :) ) is a computerbuild he recommended to me a while ago. Although it is not around $500 anymore, its $546 just about. How would that run? I'm asking because I never really knew how well it would run MWO... maybe you guys could give some insight on it?

#2 Lord Letto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 900 posts
  • LocationSt. Clements, Ontario

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:45 AM

has budget changed or still around $500? that G3258 should be OK as a entry level but a i5 or i7 would do better, maybe get a Z97 Mobo with G3258 to start with so you can upgrade later when money allows to get a i5k or i7k without needing a new Mobo at time of upgrade. as for that GPU, it's a step below mine and I was able to max mine out today in MWO, I'd say Minimum of a HD 7870 or R9 270 that's a step above mine. However that's for Higher end Settings with lots of AA. for lower end (Low-Medium Settings, maybe some high, No-Little AA) That should be Fine @ 1080p, Better @ Lower Resolutions.

#3 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:49 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 14 January 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

This was from a few months ago, when you guys were helping me with getting a new computer, then later for my cousin(God that was stressful). Shout out to those that helped me out(God you guys were so helpful!) Now the quote above (Thanks Lord :) ) is a computerbuild he recommended to me a while ago. Although it is not around $500 anymore, its $546 just about. How would that run? I'm asking because I never really knew how well it would run MWO... maybe you guys could give some insight on it?

I run the Pentium K currently, at the obvious low and medium mixed settings it runs the game at a playable FPS rate on my resolution of 2560*1080 30-50FPS

Two things to note, it must be overclocked to 4.5ghz and up and it's a budget build don't expect 60FPS super graphics performance.

I had my thread here
http://mwomercs.com/...-448-adventure/

Which i need to remember to get back to.
I also gained alot more by overclocking my RAM up to 1800Mhz but i haven't had time to tinker and document yet.

#4 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:17 PM

Ram overclocking is only possible on Z chipsets, I'm running H81, so I lowered my timings instead, if 1600 is fast enough for 8 thread i7's I don't think 1333 will hurt a 2 thread pentium.

Could check on motherboards in this thread
http://forums.anandt...d.php?t=2389948
don't get the pro btc board btw, it's silly, I only got it because it was cheap :), current board should be alright, could ask asus support about the max vcore voltage.

Anyway, for $500 you can't get better performance in this game.

View PostDV McKenna, on 14 January 2015 - 10:49 AM, said:

I run the Pentium K currently, at the obvious low and medium mixed settings it runs the game at a playable FPS rate on my resolution of 2560*1080 30-50FPS

I guess you're stressing your gpu, my numbers are a lot higher, unless you mean minimum fps with 30 fps in community warfare and 50 in normal drops.

Edited by Flapdrol, 14 January 2015 - 02:17 PM.

#5 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:13 PM

it will run MWO but not very well, the people that do get half decent MWO performance from that dual core cpu have it pretty heavily OC'd from what i have seen on here. i5 is where it is at.

#6 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:35 AM

Overclocking is the whole point of the pentium, anyway, it performs great at low/medium, and performs "half decent" if you max it out.

#7 Smokeyjedi

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:56 PM

I would have to learn more of this Uncore I have been let onto through my research........Its a new term in my vocab and I must come to grips with it, if I am to decide to go Intel or Hear of AMDs high IPC offerings coming later, probably not sooner....LOL

#8 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:09 PM

Uncore: what you do to an apple before eating it.

Honestly, on a tiny budget, one of those pentium builds is prolly your best bet for cheap performance. It will perform decently, and there is at least one person that has posted some impressions of it after playing MWO. Will it let you crank the settings and give you huge FPS? No. Will it be better than an FX-series 4 or 6-core chip? Yes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users