5 replies to this topic

#1 ScorpionNinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 170 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:03 AM

Yo,
I'm working on grinding XP on my 3 Novas!

The PRIME was hot, so I took off 6 ER medlasers and replaced them with ERsmall-lasers.
So I have 6 ERmedlasers & 6 ERsmall-lasers!

Group #1 (left click) Left arm 3 ERmedlasers together
Group#2 (right click) Right arm 3 ERmedlasers together
Group#3 6 ERsmall-lasers together

And basically heat management is great, firing 3 ERMLs together is just about (2-3% close) to when I fire all 6 ERSL's together.

But... your Ghost heat bullshit kicks in when I alpha strike all 6 ERMLs +6 ERSLs together.... I'm at 0% heat.... then alpha. Cook myself and Die!

Why????? No Logic here.

I understand if I fired 12 ERMLs... yeah major ghost heat, but 6 ERMLs+6ERSLs provide the same "Ghost heat" as 12 ERMLs? Its ******* BULLSHIT I tell you!

#2 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:10 AM

View PostScorpionNinja, on 14 January 2015 - 11:03 AM, said:

Yo,
I'm working on grinding XP on my 3 Novas!

The PRIME was hot, so I took off 6 ER medlasers and replaced them with ERsmall-lasers.
So I have 6 ERmedlasers & 6 ERsmall-lasers!

Group #1 (left click) Left arm 3 ERmedlasers together
Group#2 (right click) Right arm 3 ERmedlasers together
Group#3 6 ERsmall-lasers together

And basically heat management is great, firing 3 ERMLs together is just about (2-3% close) to when I fire all 6 ERSL's together.

But... your Ghost heat bullshit kicks in when I alpha strike all 6 ERMLs +6 ERSLs together.... I'm at 0% heat.... then alpha. Cook myself and Die!

Why????? No Logic here.

I understand if I fired 12 ERMLs... yeah major ghost heat, but 6 ERMLs+6ERSLs provide the same "Ghost heat" as 12 ERMLs? Its ******* BULLSHIT I tell you!

Because giving a medium mech an alpha ability to fire 12 lasers is a bit over the top.
simply fire you CERML, wait a tiny bit (0,5secs) and fire the 6 CERSL. This prevents ghost heat to be triggered.
try and play the 12 CERML on one of the chassis,

groups:

1: singlefire CERML left arm
2: singlefire CERML right arm
4: groupfire 6 CERML left arm
5: groupfire 6 CERML right arm

If you play it right you do not overheat, yte when youa ccidently trigger ghostheat you are done, this build is perfectly teaching you what true ehatmanagement means and triggerdiscipline + patience. Heat is not an issue on the Nova, its often the pilot. And after you managed playing this build properly every other mech feels easy in terms of heatmanagement.

Nova has some serious issues, ghost heat is not one of them

#3 generalazure

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:18 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 15 January 2015 - 03:10 AM, said:

simply fire you CERML, wait a tiny bit (0,5secs) and fire the 6 CERSL. This prevents ghost heat to be triggered.

If your connection to the game server aint stellar, you either have to wait longer than the regular 0.5s or risk triggering ghost heat anyways. I aim for roughly 1s delay usually.

#4 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:21 AM

View Postgeneralazure, on 15 January 2015 - 04:18 AM, said:

If your connection to the game server aint stellar, you either have to wait longer than the regular 0.5s or risk triggering ghost heat anyways. I aim for roughly 1s delay usually.

No, unless your latency is not horribly jumping up and downwards the server will get your clicking sequence with the same delay and so not trigger ghostheat. Waiting 1 second is creating a too long beamduration at all, + it needs longer in the whole sequence to be able to fire the seond volley again.

#5 generalazure

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:29 AM

It actually is horribly jumping up every now and then for me, usually at a rate faster than what the ingame ping can show (read: I get short spikes at irregular intervals despite being shown 100-130ms ping).
I know it nerfes my dps and I have to suffer through additional face time, but it's still preferable to just randomly taking insane heat imho.

#6 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:25 AM

Your latency would need to be varying by at least 200ms which it sounds like it is. That is horedeous. A constant latency no matter how high has zero effect on ghost heat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users