"play Clan If You Want To Give Orders"

8 replies to this topic

#1 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:52 AM

I just got out of a PUG match where we lost on terra therma because a good chunk of the team abandoned the rest of the team to chase a firestarter and a blackjack. I ordered them to return to where the rest of the team was because I could see the enemy was about to leave the caldera for F7, and push against the rest of us. Needless to say, the assaults got wrecked when the other 10 enemy team members pushed against 6.

After I criticized the lance leader for taking his units away from the assault lance and leaving half the team to die, he said I was "a coward" for refusing to chase the obvious distraction, and that I should "Play clan if I want to give orders"

I was in my Misery. Clearly this guy thinks that clans are SOOPER OHPEE and that only people playing clans know what they're talking about. It was so amusing that I stopped being angry about losing the match due to his stupidity, and had a good laugh about it.

Truly now I know what that term "Underhive" means. It's the absolute refusal to listen to solid advice, even the basics such as aiding the assaults, and not splitting up the team.

I get it now, guys. I get it. :lol:

#2 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:56 AM

Welcome to online gaming. Please enjoy your stay :)

#3 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:01 AM

View PostTripleEhBeef, on 15 January 2015 - 08:56 AM, said:

Welcome to online gaming. Please enjoy your stay :)

I mean, this does happen in other games I've played like Team Fortress 2 and such, it's just funny how obvious it is in MWO.

#4 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:18 AM

View PostTechorse, on 15 January 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

I mean, this does happen in other games I've played like Team Fortress 2 and such, it's just funny how obvious it is in MWO.

and people still dont change their tactics....even after the obvious reason in each and every loss. There is still a strong amount of DERP within this community. Those who still think they can CoD it and get a 10 kill and 1000 dmg game in their stock loadout Highlander.

I get anxiety before the ROFLSTOMP comes...I can see it coming. Like a train wreck and as horrific as it is i cant take my eyes away. Especially when they say "RUSH CENTER" on Terra and everyone just stands 2 by 2 on ramp and gets knocked down like dominoes as they dilly dally.

A tutorial may alleviate this but i think its just the generation...

Edited by DarthRevis, 15 January 2015 - 09:18 AM.

#5 PauloBR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:28 AM

You probably heard it from an IS scum.
That bunch of disorganized!

You should join the Clans and help with our noble goals: reach Terra and free people from the Grand Houses' oppression.

#6 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:29 AM

View PostPauloBR, on 15 January 2015 - 09:28 AM, said:

You probably heard it from an IS scum.
That bunch of disorganized!

You should join the Clans and help with our noble goals: reach Terra and free people from the Grand Houses' oppression.

WAS THAT AN ORDER?!?!?

:D

#7 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:31 AM

View PostTechorse, on 15 January 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

It happens in all games.

I'm constantly amazed by it. Most of the time it happens when you have people who have 1 way of accomplishing a goal which is typically the most efficient and will win most of the time, but then is totally inappropriate for given situations. Like insisting your Healer do nothing but heal when he has a bunch of narrowly focussed Crowd Control for Undead that would make the encounter easier if you had a secondary healer do most of the healing and let him focus on CC and emergency heals if needed. Nope... Cleric saves all Mana/Mind Points/Energy for healing " 'cause dats how itz dun"

#8 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:45 AM

View PostMercules, on 15 January 2015 - 09:31 AM, said:

It happens in all games.

I'm constantly amazed by it. Most of the time it happens when you have people who have 1 way of accomplishing a goal which is typically the most efficient and will win most of the time, but then is totally inappropriate for given situations. Like insisting your Healer do nothing but heal when he has a bunch of narrowly focussed Crowd Control for Undead that would make the encounter easier if you had a secondary healer do most of the healing and let him focus on CC and emergency heals if needed. Nope... Cleric saves all Mana/Mind Points/Energy for healing " 'cause dats how itz dun"

It also has largely to do with the fact that people stupidly believe that their invidivual actions in a team-based game are really worth all that much. I understand you can go in with a Dire Wolf and blow up two or three 'mechs, but you're going to be unable to do that if you're swarmed with lights and mediums because your team carelessly left you behind. You really are often at the mercy of how capable the other 11 people on your team are.

It would seem the whole "Carry Harder" thing doesn't mean "you suck", so much as, "you're the only player you know is competent on your team until proven otherwise, best of luck to you."

#9 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:55 AM

Bads will be bad. It's not new.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users